Sponsored

Dealer Visit: !) What they said about ordering. 2) Test drove FE Bronco Sport. 3) Area 51 & Cactus Grey.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disagree. The 6cyl 2.7L mated with the 10sp auto should perform nicely. One reason I'm going Badlands and not Wildtrak is because I know I'll lose some acceleration going from 33 to 35s.
Badlands with 2.7 and Auto will only have 4.46 gears unless you also get it Squatch'd.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands with 2.7 and Auto will only have 4.46 gears unless you also get it Squatch'd.
Actually, 4.7 gearing is a FREE option on Badlands. You do NOT need to get Squatch for it. 4.46 is optimized for Badlands 33s, so no need for me to opt for the 4.7 that's optimized for 35s.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, 4.7 gearing is a FREE option on Badlands. You do NOT need to get Squatch for it. 4.46 is optimized for Badlands 33s, so no need for me to opt for the 4.7 that's optimized for 35s.
More SOP now, and set up better should you get bigger tires later?

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe its just me and my expectations from the job I do.... But, if you admit people on forums have more knowledge than you (Someone that should be a SME) would you not join a forum to soak in the info and sound informed when asked questions from customers that impact your income?
What is this logic that you speak of?

?

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
More SOP now, and set up better should you get bigger tires later?
If I thought I'd ever want 35s, I'd by the WILDTRAK now. I do NOT want 35s.

This is a daily driver for me and HUGE overkill for what I'll do with the vehicle.

So again, I'm getting 33s.

Again, you can get 4.7 with non-Squatched Badlands as free option.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's SWEET!! I did not know it was a Free upgrade. If I were getting a BL non-Squatch I would still get the Free 4.7 gears even though I'm only running 33's. Off-Road vehicles NEED higher ratio gears!! They improve the crawl ratio and multiply torque!! The slower you can overcome an object the better.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I thought I'd ever want 35s, I'd by the WILDTRAK now. I do NOT want 35s.

This is a daily driver for me and HUGE overkill for what I'll do with the vehicle.

So again, I'm getting 33s.

Again, you can get 4.7 with non-Squatched Badlands as free option.
OK that makes sense. When you stated you had no reason for 4.7, I wasn't aware you would stick with 33s for the life of the vehicle. They would feel pretty peppy though (4.7s with the AT). I knew you could get them as a free option for the AT non-squatch, and very surprised there's people here that still don't know that after all this time.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Power is subjective? It's actually something that can be measured precisely and objectively. 0-60 times are ubiquitous. For me, the 2.0L Sport is under-powered, but that's me. For some folks, like you, it has enough power. Opinions are subjective.

You're a performance expert? I've bought new from dealer: Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, 4 Runner, four Jeep Wranglers, 2 Land Rover Defender 90s, Ford Focus ST, Mini Cooper & Mazda Miata. I might now be the expert you purport to be, but I know what I like when I'm boogying down the highway. For me, the 2.0 Sport is NOT enough. The sales guy in the car agreed with my wrong opinion and shared my belief that the Bronco 2.7L will be more in line with my preference.

I agree the Jeeps and Toyotas we've both owned are old, outdated slugs. A self proclaimed speed demon like you saying a Bronco Sport is fast speaks volumes. :)

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK that makes sense. When you stated you had no reason for 4.7, I wasn't aware you would stick with 33s for the life of the vehicle. They would feel pretty peppy though (4.7s with the AT). I knew you could get them as a free option for the AT non-squatch, and very surprised there's people here that still don't know that after all this time.
According to the Axle Availability Chart, the 4.7 gears are only available on BadLands with Sasquatch. The B&P is glitched.
YionOg9.jpg

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the Axle Availability Chart, the 4.7 gears are only available on BadLands with Sasquatch. The B&P is glitched.
Ford Bronco Dealer Visit:  !) What they said about ordering.  2) Test drove FE Bronco Sport.  3) Area 51 & Cactus Grey. YionOg9
Well how aboot that! Good thing I'm getting the MT if I get Badlands.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
YionOg9.jpg
Interesting. Had not seen this. Oh well. I didn't want 4.7 anyway, but good to get facts straight.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are not gonna like the Bronco then. The Bronco Sport FE is 3707 lbs, with 250HP that is 0.067 HP per pound. The Bronco 4D FE is 5226 lbs and with 310 HP that is 0.059 HP per pound or 13% less power per pound. Comparing the same with Torque gives a negligible 2% advantage for the Bronco.
Most people here do not realize the Bronco is several hundred pounds heavier than a Wrangler and a Ranger, so while a 2.0L 270HP is zippy on a Jeep, it won't be the case on a loaded Bronco.
I think gear ratios are important here. Jeep maxes out at 4.10. Bronco at 4.7. That’s going to have a massive impact on acceleration. I’m not sure about the sports gear ratio, but I am sure it is tiny and suited for MPGs more than acceleration.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You beat up on someone's FE Bronco Sport? Or was this one that magically ended up as dealer stock?
The Sports are in stock at many dealers. Mine has 14.