Sponsored

Dealer wants $1400 for an install of $80 leveling kit.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s finally a leveling kit available for a badlands from rough country, it’s only $80 Canadian, dealer said they have to install to stay covered under warranty. I don’t have a problem with that, but they want to charge me $1400, if I go somewhere else to install my warranty is voided I bailed.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s finally a leveling kit available for a badlands from rough country, it’s only $80 Canadian, dealer said they have to install to stay covered under warranty. I don’t have a problem with that, but they want to charge me $1400, if I go somewhere else to install my warranty is voided I bailed.
And $1400 in labor gets you what? Even if you double the install time that would be over $230/hr labor rate. It's not going to matter if they install it or you do. If something in the kit fails and causes a covered Ford part to fail, it's still technically not warrantable. The only real concern would be workmanship.

Ford Bronco Dealer wants $1400 for an install of $80 leveling kit. 1628273759066

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, you can buy a few tools and jack stands to lift the vehicle and install yourself after watching a few YouTube videos.

Screw these dealers. A local off-road shop can install also for much cheaper if you don't wish to wrench yourself.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put it in yourself...they are not hard. It also doesn't void your warranty unless it's a component that is damaged due to the mod.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because it "fits" doesn't mean it's a good thing. Everyone else says no-go on a Badlands/Sasquatch due to bottom droop causing CV issues. Rough country could care less if you do tear up a CV. They know 97% of their sales will never see off-road droop.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If something in the kit fails and causes a covered Ford part to fail, it's still technically not warrantable. The only real concern would be workmanship.
This ^ Take it to someone who cares about their reputation. If they'll lie to your face, they'll do something shoddy where you can't see.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers will always charge the most for any vehicle work. Best way is to do it yourself or take it to a shop you know of that will do it and do it right. The bad news is it might very well void the warranty if something should go wrong in the front end.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never have the stealership do non-warranty work. Find a reputable independent dealer.

Or in this case, do it yourself. An average owner who actually has pride in their own vehicle will do much better work than a dealer mechanic on a simple job like this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive never had a dealer not honor my warrenty because I put a lift in a truck. All they wont cover is the parts you installed. They are trying to rip you off. Most dealers would charge 3-400 dollars to install a leveling kit with the alignment. Install it yourself, get an alignment done and dont worry about it. The odds of a leveling kit causing a major failure is very low. And if you have a warrenty problem take it to a different dealer.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life time rule of thumb. “ You can mess up the job five times and still come in cost wise way below the professional estimate.” Plus YOU learn, and wind up owning a few tools and equipment you didn’t have prior to the project. Then there is the satisfaction of accomplishing the task. The majority of issues when doing a job like this yourself arise because some employee at the part supplier sent you the wrong part. As stated previously by others, “ that is what you tube is for”.

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer quoted me 2” lift all in for around $750, even had in stock, I’m just not ready to buy 5 new wheels and tires at the moment, your pricing seems way out for leveling

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put it in yourself...they are not hard. It also doesn't void your warranty unless it's a component that is damaged due to the mod.
They told me my 3 year bumper to number will be voided if I go somewhere else
Sponsored