Badlands
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 f350,18 expedition
Bronco
Badlands
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Advertisement

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Bronco
Badlands
Do you have anything you negotiated before that is in writing, say an email or DORA? That usually gives you some wiggle room to argue.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville, Toyota Camry
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.

sniffHound

Big Bend
First Name
W
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Write all of the details down you have about the order etc... up till today. Create an account at FOrd.com. Go to chat and ask them for help. They get graded on service so they will point you in the correct direction. No recourse. Then hire an attorney to write a letter. Copy Ford legal and the stealership. Hopefully it's done but if not publish what happened to the chamber of commerce, BBB, local political reps after you place a new order.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Bronco
Black Diamond
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Damn sorry to hear this. I was told by my salesman the same thing. MSRP for reservation holders and anyone else who comes in to buy off the lot will see a 15k markup. I have a signed DORA sheet with the price of the Bronco at MSRP but I'm becoming concerned that this piece of paper might not be enough.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.
It's probably the doc fee @ $100.

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
If you don't have anything in writing be firm and just say "Im not going to fu** around, go get the paperwork for the price I ordered all ready to go with your F&I Director (finance and insurance) so I can sign the loan and drive home today in the car I custom ordered 9 months ago. And if you give me any sh** otherwise...Im going to sue the hell out of this dealership right after I go on local news trashing your dealership reputation for ruining my purchase by holding my bronco hostage over greed".

BigFootie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda HRV
Bronco
Badlands
Damn sorry to hear this. I was told by my salesman the same thing. MSRP for reservation holders and anyone else who comes in to buy off the lot will see a 15k markup. I have a signed DORA sheet with the price of the Bronco at MSRP but I'm becoming concerned that this piece of paper might not be enough.
Aren’t you getting yours soon?

Advertisement

Holley (Ford Fest banner)
Advertisement