First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Acting upon information from a friend that turned me off as a potential customer and leaving a review reflecting that is not libel. You do realize you do not have to complete a transaction with a business to leave a review right?
They already have plenty of bad reviews. lol. Agreed.
Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are in agreement, the customer contacts FORD, explains the ADM demand by the dealer, refers to price guarantee by FORD, then FORD tells dealer to stand-down, and it sells at MSRP !
ANY JUDGE AND ANY JURY WILL RULE IN FAVOR OF RESERVATION HOLDER!
read the fine print. Ford is covered.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a published of dealers that DID and DID NOT have any Dealer Mark Up. Either here or on Bronco Nation. Think even Ford has a list. Hold them accountable. Publish the name of your dealership and your salesman. I have copies of every email and text between my dealership, salesman and me.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I looked all over and cannot see if the OP identified the dealer. If he/she does that, I feel the way forward is for all the members here to leave reviews on all sites like google and yelp. Why make fake accounts? Just all come together and leave reviews.
There was a published of dealers that DID and DID NOT have any Dealer Mark Up. Either here or on Bronco Nation. Think even Ford has a list. Hold them accountable. Publish the name of your dealership and your salesman. I have copies of every email and text between my dealership, salesman and me.
Post 32, 52, 54...

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, you didn't have these conversations when you placed the order?
I get what you’re saying, but paying $15k over sticker is not something someone would normally consider, especially when you’ve ordered it a year out. Why are we putting this on the consumer? Shouldn’t the dealers be upfront and honest?

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
Escalating this to the dealer owner is the way to go. You may find that escalating to the dealer management itself will get the sales department to back down. From some of the stories on this forum, the owners of some of these dealerships have no clue what BS that their slimy sales people are pulling.

Unfortunately, Ford isn't taking a proactive approach with reservations and orders. They could force their dealers to sign purchase agreements with every order, but chose not to do so.

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Dons ford
You’re not far from me. I’ve dealt with that dealership before.
I bought a new 2004 SVT Focus from Don’s Ford. I took delivery on a Friday then drove it to Virginia and back over the weekend. On Monday they called me to say they had applied rebates to the deal that the SVT model didn’t qualify for and I needed to sign new documents reflecting the revised (higher) selling price and payment.
I replied that I was not responsible for their mistake. The sales manager threatened me with all kinds of nonsense. I basically told them they can have the car back with over 1000 miles and return my shitbox trade (1989 Mustang LX 5.0 with two functional gears left in the T5) or they can accept responsibility for their mistake.
I kept the Focus.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s ironic is they will tell you about the Ford dealer survey and that you must give them 5 stars. At least every Ford dealer I have bought from always says that when signing the paperwork.

How do they figure someone is going to give them a rave, 5 star review on the dealer survey after ripping someone off with an outrageous ADM?

pfresh

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Since day one of or this ordeal, I have written down dates, times, names and positions of people I have spoken to at my dealer. Even confirmed 3 times with GM of dealership about mark up as I was so paranoid about this happening to me. As many people have said on this thread, this is happening everywhere and unfortunately not illegal. But what you can do is threaten the dealership through social media, letters to ford, forums like this, local chat rooms completely ruin their reputation and hurt their sales by letter people know what happen. Let the dealer know ahead of time that even if you get 5-10 people to not buy at their dealership, they will lose as much money as they would have made with your mark up. I did this years ago to a jeep dealer (not to mention name and city) and they ended up removing the entire mark up because I did my homework. You are doing nothing illegal and they cannot stop you. This kind of business is crap and you should report them the BBB and City Business Council. Post reviews on yelp, google, ford and anywhere local to hurt their business. But before you do, tell them what you will do if they do not. Tell them that this is pure "cause and affect"! This kind of stuff gets me so fired up.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to break it to y’all but this is the way scum dealerships are getting around the rule about not taking Bronco deliveries under different names (other brands just have employees place orders for the dealership for more allocations). They’re expecting you to say no to the ADM, they’ll just list it on their lot and sell it in a few days to the next one.
If they’re taking more orders than they have allocations for the year, it’s with a purpose.

Sponsored

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
I agree and I like the bulleted list. The key difference between you and the general public is this: you had an enforceable agreement (which has the force of law in the absence of a contract) long ago. You put $ down, they printed and gave you the sheet with your detailed specs. Ford confirmed your order and eventually built it. Other than tax, title, and paperwork fees, any add ons, especially that amount, is total BS.

I thought someones dealer told them that the dealership gets in big trouble for these types of shenanigans. Reservation holders get it at msrp, everyone else is subject to whatever the dealer decides to try to sell a vehicle at. Definitely contact Ford.

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You wrote an awful lot... about a process you don't really understand. The small print on the reservation very specifically outlines that none of what you've said is actually true. And the laws of pretty much every state of the union protecting dealers fill in the blanks.

You have no legal recourse at all if a dealer chooses to do this. Also, in order to sue for damages, you have to be able to demonstrate damages... which you can't do if you haven't paid for the product yet. Lack of ability to receive an order that was NOT promised to you (seriously, read the fine print) is not damages.
Haha, where have you been admitted to the bar? let’s see your JD!

Onehrdfrst

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have anything you negotiated before that is in writing, say an email or DORA? That usually gives you some wiggle room to argue.
Are you another professional car buyer on B6G? Seems to be a ton on this site. The guy took his dealer at their word. Now this. It's unacceptable and inexcusable for a POS dealer to do this. My dealer would only give me their word on MSRP. Even as I had to reorder my 22'. Said they have a reputation and they are not going to ruin it over the Bronco. So what should I do? What can I do? Nothing. I'll wait and if they renege I'll go buy something else. No way, no how would I pay over MSRP. These dealers are not going to get $5k over MSRP for the most part, let alone $15k. They are banking on people being desperate. People need to have a little pride and a self conscious and walk away from these scumbags.

Exactly. OP, don't give in. It's a vehicle. Go on the dealer's FB, Google reviews etc. and slam them. They might get someone to pay $5k over. If they're lucky. You can make them pay in the long run for trying to make you pay now. Good luck.
do what I did 25 years ago
Never buy that Brand again.
Had an engine problems with a Chevy the dealer wouldn’t help and GM said no help from us so I told them no more. Cars or trucks
Since then all new:
2fords
4chryslers
5VWs
1Toyota
2jeeps
To bad for GM

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
did the sales rep or manager put it in writing that you would be paying only MSRP for your Bronco when you placed your order?

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Does this really surprise anyone? 1) we are talking about dealerships here 2) they know the can jack up the price and someone will but it (law of supply vs demand 3) This is all Fords fault because they fucked this roll out up from the start with the reservation vs allocation system and didn't put any safe guards in place to keep the dealership from fucking the customers
Sponsored