Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford offered price protection to retain customers over the long wait.
I hadn't really thought about it that way, but price protection is a good point. You have all these people talking about how MSRP is only a suggestion, which of course is true, but if there wasn't some sort of implied idea around MSRP then Ford offering price "protection" is meaningless. Who would care if 2022 MSRP prices were raised on the Bronco since MSRP has no weight anyway?

(My contention is that MSRP has a lot of weight, and so does a verbal agreement, and this dealer switching terms on their customer is reprehensible.)

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn sorry to hear this. I was told by my salesman the same thing. MSRP for reservation holders and anyone else who comes in to buy off the lot will see a 15k markup. I have a signed DORA sheet with the price of the Bronco at MSRP but I'm becoming concerned that this piece of paper might not be enough.
Same for Team Ford in Las Vegas. They add 15-20k if reservation holder backs out. They have some BS charges but less than addl. $1000 total added to MSRP.
Hire a teenager to stand on the sidewalk in front of the dealership with some protest signs😆 it might help!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope it works out for you OP. Screw those scumbags.

I have my dealer on record in email telling me they do not charge above sticker for reservations. The general sales manager confirmed this in conversation too. I also have a Retail Order form with the salesman’s name on it showing the “out the door” price with no adm. After reading your post, I’m feeling a bit worried myself. My best friend is a lawyer though who would love to perform some legal jujitsu on my behalf though lol
There are many dealers keeping their word on price. Mine did here in Charleston.

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Walk away. That is what I will do. It's only a fucking car. Oh, and send Farley a certified letter with the words Go Fuck Yourself Scum Bag.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hadn't really thought about it that way, but price protection is a good point. You have all these people talking about how MSRP is only a suggestion, which of course is true, but if there wasn't some sort of implied idea around MSRP then Ford offering price "protection" is meaningless.
I thought it was said that Ford said no ADM for reservation holders, i could be wrong, i took a couple months off from 6g. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.
And that if the sold bronco doesn't go to the res holder the dealership would be penalized(but i doubt that it would actually happen). Maybe they get a stern talking to.. still doubtful

I think Ford wants at least the appearance of treating the customer fairly and as if they are advocating for them. Almost like they are moving on from the dealer model, more direct ordering.

Additionally, if one doesn't get to buy their bronco, they lose their reservation, they lose price protection, they lose the Ford pass points allocated for reservation holders, and you are sent to the back of the line. "No bronco for you! "

Even with all that im at 50/50 to walk away given the QC issues, i would just need a reason to(like unplanned ADM drop) . But honestly, it's been smooth sailing so far so i'll keep matching forward. I believe the energy of the universe helps guide us if we are paying attention. This would be a huge flag for me to go another direction. Plenty of options out there

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Colorado Z71/1972 GMC Sprint SP
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This whole thread seems strange to me. My reservation was 08/08/2020. I converted last month. It was a whole process with my dealership. I had to bring them my ID and sign the order form, with the full build and price breakdown, in person. They said they were required to do this to show there was an actual person behind the order. I assumed that was because Ford is requiring it for just these situations.

So my questions are: When was your reservation? Was it a reservation or a direct order, which I have heard, on this site, are being built; sometimes ahead of reservation holders? Did you pay a reservation fee and a deposit? I ask this because I paid the original reservation fee and a deposit upon converting it to an order.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

and they lose the Ford pass points allocated for reservation holders
That's another good one. Ford Pass points. Ford should put that in their next marketing campaign. "Now you can use your Ford Pass points on Bronco ADM!"

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a whole process with my dealership. I had to bring them my ID and sign the order form, with the full build and price breakdown, in person. They said they were required to do this to show there was an actual person behind the order. I assumed that was because Ford is requiring it for just these situations.
Bogus information. Lots of people buying at dealerships that are nowhere near them. I've done all of mine via phone and email.

Sponsored

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bogus information. Lots of people buying at dealerships that are nowhere near them. I've done all of mine via phone and email.
They did mention other options, but here is the what I got

2021-11-18 (1).png

InkedBroncoemail_2.jpg

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There you go. You didn't need to go in. They offered to come up with another way to sign it. My dealer did via an email then I signed, scanned and sent back. Also Docusign works.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
They would get there teeth nocked down there throat , fn dirt bags. Honestly I wouldn’t give them a dime of your money and nobody else with half a sack should either. Screwing people that have waited and actually reserved is the lowest of the low. Mark up your regular dealer stock all u want or if someone cancels but this boils my blood!

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's really simple. Sign a purchase agreement with your dealer when placing your order. I signed my purchase agreement when I placed my order and my dealer signed. No stress for me while i wait for delivery.

From Ford Bronco FAQ:

What can I do if I can’t agree to a selling price with my dealer?
Dealers are independent franchises. The final price a customer will pay for any vehicle is agreed between themselves and a dealer that’s at, below, or above MSRP. We recommend that all customers agree to a selling price with their dealer when an order is placed via a signed purchase agreement.

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There you go. You didn't need to go in. They offered to come up with another way to sign it. My dealer did via an email then I signed, scanned and sent back. Also Docusign works.
That's what you focused on? In all the information, you focused on the specific line of having to go in, then called me out on it. Not the Ford requires it prove a "real order" which is actually germane to the op. My mind is blown!
Sponsored