Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
you just telling this guy to wast money because there nothing the law can do dealers can do this even if he had sigh papers saying MSRP already seen post of people this happened to.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
There's your leverage. Start bending the right peoples ears.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that happens, there is no recourse but negotiating, bad online PR, then walk and buy a 4runner. I don't want part of anything that thinks they are too good for me.

I would call FORD and report the issue, get it documented.

If a place don't want my business they make it known. Vote with your wallet. I wouldn't support any business that does shenanigans

It's a terrible business model to use your customers to get vehicles ordered for your store, then screw those that you had an agreement with, verbal or otherwise.

1603213359068.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.
The dealer lied to you. A purchase order like a signed DORA and a deposit form a contract. Dealers think they can get away with it because they don't often get sued for breach of contract, but then again Ford dealers aren't use to charging $20K over MSRP either.

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
Time to get whoever rights the checks for "a bunch of vehicles" and have them call the dealer owner and inform them that you will no longer be buying from them. Also ask your friends if they buy from this dealer (especially if they are fleet buyers) or get service there. Get letters from known, repeat customers telling this dealer that they are done with them unless they honor the price.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thank you for being unfriendly, when we are trying to help a fellow member have some hope. If you are not willing to fight back, hard, then don't. There are 3 aspects to this, legal, moral and social. On at least two of these fronts you can take action, but again, if you are not willing to fight then walk away. You are incorrect concerning Ford's acceptance of the reservation and associated fee, you are also incorrect about damages (but each case will be different). Either way, the point here is to get the dealer to understand that sure he can sell the vehicle outright to another party, but then there is a reckoning coming - like it or not, but only if you are willing to make that happen.
Presenting a realistic scenario against your unrealistic one is not being unfriendly, it's just being honest.

As for "we are trying to give a fellow member here some hope"... i disagree. What you are giving him is a laundry list of things to do that will cost him money (lawyers aren't free) AND time AND be completely useless. A cease and desist against a legal action is pointless.

I'm happy to tell the OP how and where to fight (hint: few options, zero options that work if the dealer just doesn't care), but i'm not going to blindly back your suggestions just because contradicting your poor advise is "unfriendly".

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a dirt mountain reject, let them dispose of it.
I let everyone who'll read (you included) or listen that General RV in Tampa, FL very nearly burnt my tow rig to the ground and have a voice-mail from their service manager admitting and apologizing for the issue of a faulty trailer brake installation and photographic evidence of the fire they caused, but they wanted me to drive 1500 miles back so they could investigate it in person. I declined and told them I would do this instead. This was April 2017 and I'm descended of a bunch of ornery, cantankerous bastards of the shrewdest kind, gypsies mostly (Hungarian), and can always enjoy a new hobby. My father got a good laugh out of this once, hanging it on my mother's side of the family... I relish every opportunity to legally and ethically dissuade business from businesses that have crossed me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What a nightmare. I think all of use who are waiting on our Broncos can feel your pain. I have the signed build sheet, an email chain with the dealer repeatedly agreeing to this transaction at MSRP along with a printed receipt for my $1,000 deposit.

On the build sheet I wrote:

"The model, color, and options are correct as described herein.

As previously stipulated, Dealer Name has agreed to sell and My Name has agreed to purchase the 2021/2022 Ford Bronco described on this document for the sum of $38,535 plus tax and license fees less any model year 2021 price protection offered by Ford Motor Company.

Furthermore, Dealer Name Ford confirms that they have received and accepted the initial “reservation deposit” of $100 and an order deposit of $1,000. These amounts will be applied against the final balance due for this vehicle.
"

I went to business school and not law school so please don't consider this legal advice. To me this would seem to be an offer and an acceptance with the deposit money being fair and value consideration. This fulfills the three basic component of a contract... Contract Offer, Offer Consideration, Mutual Obligation.

No idea if it would hold up in court but anyone who has ever been involved in a lawsuit knows that $50,000 isn't enough to reasonably push litigation. As I'm often reminded, litigation is a full contact sport for the wealth.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All of the above posts have some good ideas and tactics, but they all involve time. At the end of the day that bronco will probably be gone with or without you.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

at what percentage of dealers that are shady make it a small minority? 49%?

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
This 💯
Sponsored