Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
Well there is some ammo right there. My company will no longer do business with you going forward. And then, everyone else I know and local news media and Bronco forums and Ford forums will all be notified of your choice to screw an order holder.
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
In writing or not, it is the dealer's choice to honor your agreement. Unfortunately that is the situation Ford put us in. Dealers are doing this because they see some buyers selling the vehicle for a huge profit and they are looking to get in on that profit. Can't blame them but at the same time it screws those who legitimately just want to own the truck. Sit down with the sales person again or ask for a different sales person and explain how you are not one of those people looking to flip it. And that if they lose your business on this deal then they will lose all future business with you and your closest friends or family. Then go to the to the next level and next until it's resolved or you can't go any higher.

If still no resolution then just wait and get something on resale. There are a lot of people who think they want a Bronco and then will get it home and realize it's a huge payment for a vehicle that does not really fit their needs. Sure it drives better than a Jeep but not nearly as good as most of the daily driver SUVs out there. We are already seeing some used ones on the open market and some being sold by dealerships.

Patience is your friend still in this process 😂

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
No one's getting a lawyer. Call Ford, tell them you're buying a Toyota because of this. Follow through.

This would leave a bad taste in my mouth and at this point i wouldn't want a bronco that is going to remind me of getting fucked every time i drive it. Move on and revisit in 5 years, life is short, but it's also kinda long too. Too short for bullshit

This should be a great experience, (with the long undermined wait time understood). It's a lot of money you are paying for a bad taste in your mouth.

Last edited:

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another markup story. Like all the others, not much recourse other than publicly shaming the Dealer. In large markets that doesn't hold a lot of weight but in smaller markets something like that will make a lot of waves. My take, I can actually take it or leave it and some sucker will be stuck with an overpriced Bronco in a couple of months. Other side - and I don't really care what the franchise rules etc. are between Ford and the Dealer - 'I' put the reservation in place and especially if I have a DORA or any other written price they...AND I MEAN FORD should do whatever it takes to make reservation holders whole at this point. I hope my dealer doesn't pull anything like this and so far has provided all needed documentation and signatures.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lots of good advice already provided. I would add to tell them you will finance through them, purchase an extended warranty through them, and any Ford accessories you plan to buy, agree to purchase them now. If I was in your shoes, and eventually could get them close to 5k over MSRP, I would just do the deal. Everyones situation is unique.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you mean your business USED to order from them. Clearly the loss of you and the folks you work for isn’t a concern to them but that is something you can mention.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If that's the case, call the GM and ask him if they are honoring MSRP or should you find another dealer to do future business with because you wont be back without an MSRP deal.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've shown their true colors in terms of how they want to treat customers.

Only you can decided how you want to react. I would walk and and take my custom truck business elsewhere if that were an option.

Others may feel that what they are doing is no problem and they are pricing vehicles based on market demand.

BTW - with higher end Broncos going at 15-25K over MSRP I think Jeep is going to have a banner year for 392 sales :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, you didn't have these conversations when you placed the order?
Are you another professional car buyer on B6G? Seems to be a ton on this site. The guy took his dealer at their word. Now this. It's unacceptable and inexcusable for a POS dealer to do this. My dealer would only give me their word on MSRP. Even as I had to reorder my 22'. Said they have a reputation and they are not going to ruin it over the Bronco. So what should I do? What can I do? Nothing. I'll wait and if they renege I'll go buy something else. No way, no how would I pay over MSRP. These dealers are not going to get $5k over MSRP for the most part, let alone $15k. They are banking on people being desperate. People need to have a little pride and a self conscious and walk away from these scumbags.

I would (and will) walk. And never buy a Ford again.
Exactly. OP, don't give in. It's a vehicle. Go on the dealer's FB, Google reviews etc. and slam them. They might get someone to pay $5k over. If they're lucky. You can make them pay in the long run for trying to make you pay now. Good luck.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're not an idiot. Your apparently from a time when a handshake and a mans word meant something. Go down the road and buy your company vehicles from someone else going forward. Then bring it to this dealer (if you stay with Ford) for warranty work. They are literally banking on you having more money than brains and handing them and extra $15,000. They will most likely not get anything close to $15k ADM. You've waited this long, go order from someone who will give you it in writing. You'll likely get a new order by summer and get to keep your dignity.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, I want to say sorry that this is happening to you.

This is bad behavior but unfortunately not much you can do. At the end of the day at least you can walk and not be saddled with an over priced vehicle. Is it a cool vehicle? Yes, but don't let them play on your emotions to force you into that deal.

These things will go down once the ridiculous fervor dies down. I don't get why people are still buying these things at these markups. People must have lost their minds during the pandemic.

That Utica dealer obviously has a lot of Broncos listed because they are screwing order holders to get inventory. Local dealer here has a Badlands sitting on the lot originally set it a$76k. Every other day get an email saying we dropped it $300-$500 dollars it is now down to $74,998. (Trying to work down to the highest paying "fish" to take the bait.)

Let these Broncos sit and hope they choke on them. They can't stop the clock once this nonsense is over they'll being willing to deal and you can swoop in and maybe get an even better deal.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford offered price protection to retain customers over the long wait. I'm sure Ford would want to know how Dons is screwing corporate..

You have options

I don't mean to belabor the point, but id be pissed. Total bait n switch after waiting over a year

Ford Bronco Dealer wants 15k over sticker now that my bronco arrived Screenshot_20211123-165113_Chrome
Sponsored