First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still find irony in Ford claiming they have no control over independent dealers when they are asked for assistance in reigning in these surprise ADMs, yet have no problem crushing dealers allocation for charging too little. Ford can help reign this in if they want to, but they are happy with how this is all playing out. Ford and these unscrupulous dealers have traded future customer base for immediate gratification. At the end of the day, with these business practices, everyone loses.
Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What’s the dealers name so others don’t go there to order.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealer was named in post 32. Dons Ford Utica.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
Any chance your boss or the owner of your company would put some pressure on the dealership for you?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still find irony in Ford claiming they have no control over independent dealers when they are asked for assistance in reigning in these surprise ADMs, yet have no problem crushing dealers allocation for charging too little. Ford can help reign this in if they want to, but they are happy with how this is all playing out. Ford and these unscrupulous dealers have traded future customer base for immediate gratification. At the end of the day, with these business practices, everyone loses.
Totally agreed. Their reservation system is a joke and hopefully people will learn never to use it or the dealers pulling this stuff ever again.

Sponsored

piffs5

First Edition
First Name
robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 bronco 1966 corvette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

QUOTE="Jack1080, post: 990488, member: 25143"]
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer.

I work for a Ford dealer and this is not right. If Ford is going to make you and others put a deposit down through Ford the company needs to put something in writing that a dealer can only sell for MSRP nothing more after all you ordered it not the dealer. This is ridiculous Ford.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agreed. Their reservation system is a joke and hopefully people will learn never to use it or the dealers pulling this stuff ever again.
Haha and Ford wants to move to reservation-based ordering for most of their sales in the future. The concept still needs quite a bit of proving.

Aside from the obvious communication and blunders and impacts of COVID on the global supply chain (we'll gloss over the quality control issues for now), Ford is allowing several million potential unique parts/options combinations. Planning for that degree of customization isn't easy, whereas Tesla began with the KISS approach by offering a very limited number of hardware options, and relying software to add further capabilities to their vehicles.

All this is to say that a high degree of customization introduces a number of complexities under the best of circumstances, so when you consider that we're not talking about the F-150 here, extensive wait times for a brand new product make sense. They annoy the hell out of us, but they shouldn't be surprising.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
"Ordered" a bunch of vehicles. Because if it were me, even if I got my Bronco at the agreed price, that bridge done burnt to the ground.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, man. Even if they can legally do it, it is bad business practice for someone that placed a reservation so long ago.

Unfortunately, it seems like the best recourse, and what has worked, is dragging them through the mud and publicizing it.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haha and Ford wants to move to reservation-based ordering for most of their sales in the future. The concept still needs quite a bit of proving.

Aside from the obvious communication and blunders and impacts of COVID on the global supply chain (we'll gloss over the quality control issues for now), Ford is allowing several million potential unique parts/options combinations. Planning for that degree of customization isn't easy, whereas Tesla began with the KISS approach by offering a very limited number of hardware options, and relying software to add further capabilities to their vehicles.

All this is to say that a high degree of customization introduces a number of complexities under the best of circumstances, so when you consider that we're not talking about the F-150 here, extensive wait times for a brand new product make sense. They annoy the hell out of us, but they shouldn't be surprising.
I'm fine with the wait over complexities, it is the archaic order/dealer system that doesnt work. This thread if the perfect example and there are many many just like it. Either people are being made to wait at good dealers that dont have enough allocations, or they are being raked over the coals with bad ones. If they want to be serious about moving to an order system, they need to be serious about the orders. Right now they are not.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No one's getting a lawyer. Call Ford, tell them you're buying a Toyota because of this. Follow through.

This would leave a bad taste in my mouth and at this point i wouldn't want a bronco that is going to remind me of getting fucked every time i drive it. Move on and revisit in 5 years, life is short, but it's also kinda long too. Too short for bullshit

This should be a great experience, (with the long undermined wait time understood). It's a lot of money you are paying for a bad taste in your mouth.
Lol Toyota truck markups are just as bad for very outdated vehicles

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol Toyota truck markups are just as bad for very outdated vehicles
Maybe regionally, i haven't seen any ADMs in Ohio. And definitely not 15k markups. But im also not shopping since i don't really need a car. Point is, I'd move on to something else.
Ford wants us to be loyal customers, then they need to be loyal to us. I see it as a partnership where we both should benefit, win-win.

Read this and tell me that it's worth 15k ADM. I honestly can't stop laughing:ROFLMAO: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/no-wonder-its-loud-yuuuge-gaps-in-the-clam-shell-seals.29156/

That 15k is paying nostalgia value, because it's not for the quality

Last edited:

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What confuses me is why dealers lead on order holders until the vehicle has arrived. Why don't they just spill the ADM bad news once a VIN is assigned, or once it is built? Do they not take a hit on the customer conversion rate if the customer shows up and doesn't buy due to ADM?
Sponsored