Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mind if I ask the obligatory question? Build specs / reservation date?

They have a pretty large allocation, and I was told I'd very likely get pulled by or before June, which of course is just a tea-leaves estimate based on my constrained parts. Every time I see an email from Ford it feels like opening a college acceptance letter.
Sure thing.

I had a Day 1 Reservation, (2020) which in Covid years, feels like it was 5 years ago. I ordered it officially in early March 2021. Had a June 2021 build date originally, but that was pushed SEVERAL times, and eventually was built the first week of August.

However, I ordered the hardtop. So, it sat there for months in Michigan, awaiting a new one. Finally got word that the vehicle is complete, and on its way to Maxwell. Nov 23-30 window.

Specs:
  • 2DR Badlands Trim
  • Carbonized Gray
  • 2.7L / Non-SAS
  • High Package
  • Upgraded wheels
  • MGV
Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Did you receive an email from the dealership with either the phrase "we will honor MSRP." or an attachment with the purchase order having the MSRP on it?

Either of those could comprise a legal contract under the law. They will need to honor the deal they made with you.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have successfully leveraged the BBB to the tune of many thousands of dollars...
Although BBB does not have legal and policing powers, we alert the public about marketplace fraud through alerts on scams. BBB works closely with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, providing them with valuable information on potential frauds. We are often the first organization to know about a developing scam and alert authorities and the public. When a scam develops in one part of North America, the news travels quickly between BBB offices that, in turn, alert the public in their communities

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Although BBB does not have legal and policing powers, we alert the public about marketplace fraud through alerts on scams. BBB works closely with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, providing them with valuable information on potential frauds. We are often the first organization to know about a developing scam and alert authorities and the public. When a scam develops in one part of North America, the news travels quickly between BBB offices that, in turn, alert the public in their communities
Absolutely. It's not a guarantee and there is only so much the BBB can do. But if you have an issue with a reputable company that cares about keeping its reputation, it's a great forum to mediate issues. The BBB has helped me when a hospital billing collection service refused to acknowledge they had already been paid, when VW tried to make me pay when I returned a TDI after lease end because they had lied about the emissions it produced, and a couple other times. I say it's totally worth a shot -- if you honestly believe you have been wronged and have the evidence to show it.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.
I have the same dealer and they’ve assured me I’ll pay MSRP on both the DORA and in emails. If they try to pull this shit when I get there, I’m going to blow a gasket. Short term gain for a dealer but lose a customer for life? Seems dumb AF. Can spend $$$$ somewhere else.
GL buddy, go up the flag pole and start blasting on Twitter/FB.

Sponsored

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the stuff that keeps me up at night. I’m assuming a co-signed retail purchase agreement (me and dealer) listing all fees down to doc fees provides less wiggle room for the dealer to insert an ADM than just a signed Dora?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What confuses me is why dealers lead on order holders until the vehicle has arrived. Why don't they just spill the ADM bad news once a VIN is assigned, or once it is built? Do they not take a hit on the customer conversion rate if the customer shows up and doesn't buy due to ADM?
In addition to the allocation flip/flop t seems ford has also lowered the conversion rate according to some on this site. So there are definitely a number of them a dealership can do this with and not tick ford off.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to the allocation flip/flop t seems ford has also lowered the conversion rate according to some on this site. So there are definitely a number of them a dealership can do this with and not tick ford off.
I know that they lowered it. That was quite a while ago. But, why surprise these order holders with the ADM once it’s actually on the lot?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that they lowered it. That was quite a while ago. But, why surprise these order holders with the ADM once it’s actually on the lot?
Because they figure the holder will either pay it at ADM $15k or they'll get another one to put on the lot at $20k+ ADM. So basically greed.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thankfully when I had to re-order my 2022 my dealer printed out a sheet with a MSRP price, final sales price, doc fees, taxes, and a total that both me and the manager signed. They confirmed it would be sold at MSRP but he mentioned that one guy didn't buy his because he switched to a Jeep so they sold it for 15k over MSRP. I'm assuming since they are printing out all those numbers, they will be honest when the time comes. Plus he said they've already sold about 60 and I haven't seen them pop up anywhere about them screwing people over.

I hate it for all the people that waited and waited just for the dealer to lie and cheat due to greed.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they figure the holder will either pay it at ADM $15k or they'll get another one to put on the lot at $20k+ ADM. So basically greed.
Might as well just make the $5k extra then, and not even deal with the original order holder. Tell them before hand, if they say no, then the dealer can mark it up on their new inventory tracker. Just seems like they enjoy f***ing people over, last minute, when they could easily do it earlier in the process.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What confuses me is why dealers lead on order holders until the vehicle has arrived. Why don't they just spill the ADM bad news once a VIN is assigned, or once it is built? Do they not take a hit on the customer conversion rate if the customer shows up and doesn't buy due to ADM?
Because people are mentally locked in to pick up a new vehicle, might have sold their last one as well. When faced with shiny new, they are forced into an impulse decision and are far more likely to say yes. Plus they don't have time to mentally prepare a defense against the predatory dealer attack.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the stuff that keeps me up at night.
If it helps you sleep at night, I think the majority of deals are on the up and up. Honest dealers who are up front on pricing and are respectful of their customers.

bluford

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved and ordered. I have the DORA but not a signed buyers order. The dealership says they cannot provide a buyers agreement order because the vehicle is not in their inventory and there is no window sticker created yet. Dealership verbally told me they will not charge over MSRP. I have that stated in emails also. I previously worked in sales at a dealership and our dealership would provide buyers order agreement at the customers request even if we did not have the vehicle yet. So I know it is possible. I have a build date week that has changed several times, now is 12/6/21. It definitely disturbs me knowing that some dealers are trying to mark the Bronco up even to reservation holders. But I guess they can and those dealers are not too concerned about upsetting customers. I hope my dealership honors the MSRP selling price but it is their choice if they decide to tell me there is a mark up. If they try to mark it up or add things they say are non negotiable and I have to purchase I will attempt to still purchase at MSRP without the add on charges, but if they don't agree to my terms I will walk. Yes, the Bronco is amazing and I have been wanting one since the hint of its return several years ago, but it is just a car/truck and I can survive without it. I will likely give my negative review about the dealership (if the mark up occurs) on Google, Dealer Rater and more. I can wait and get one later if I still want to when the mark ups are no longer happening.
Sponsored

Last edited: