JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve picked up a Basequatch and First edition From my dealer, David McDavid Ford Fort wort with no ADM. sorry to hear this happening. There are great dealers out there.
Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't have it in writing, you're going to get screwed. Tell them you will pay their ADM, but you want the salesman to go over each and every feature of the vehicle. After you've wasted a good hour of his time, tell him you want to test drive it again, and give him the ride of his life (watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off to prepare). Drop the keys on his lap and go order one from another dealer.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a nightmare. I think all of use who are waiting on our Broncos can feel your pain. I have the signed build sheet, an email chain with the dealer repeatedly agreeing to this transaction at MSRP along with a printed receipt for my $1,000 deposit.

On the build sheet I wrote:

"The model, color, and options are correct as described herein.

As previously stipulated, Dealer Name has agreed to sell and My Name has agreed to purchase the 2021/2022 Ford Bronco described on this document for the sum of $38,535 plus tax and license fees less any model year 2021 price protection offered by Ford Motor Company.

Furthermore, Dealer Name Ford confirms that they have received and accepted the initial “reservation deposit” of $100 and an order deposit of $1,000. These amounts will be applied against the final balance due for this vehicle.
"

I went to business school and not law school so please don't consider this legal advice. To me this would seem to be an offer and an acceptance with the deposit money being fair and value consideration. This fulfills the three basic component of a contract... Contract Offer, Offer Consideration, Mutual Obligation.

No idea if it would hold up in court but anyone who has ever been involved in a lawsuit knows that $50,000 isn't enough to reasonably push litigation. As I'm often reminded, litigation is a full contact sport for the wealth.
Business School here as well. Sorry this is late (Holiday. family!), but strangely I think rules are different for car dealerships.

Just like when we flip the order process, as a paying customer, you are free to walk away from the order at any time. Sure, they may keep your deposit, but you are free to go elsewhere, so it's more of an agreement than a binding agreement or contract. Also, pretty sure that whatever you signed held an arbitration clause that was likely pretty iron clad.

There isn't much you can do to a standard car dealership. In my metro area alone, there are close to 30 Ford stores. Ford is the equivalent of Wal-Mart. Meaning, everyone can agree that Wal-Mart is a shady place, can draw crime, and is pretty standard. But, even with the full knowledge of what Wal-Mart is, a lot of people still go. Sure, some do Amazon and Target, but Wal-Mart hasn't skipped a beat.

Dealerships make a lot of money off of fleet sales, these deals are large and don't involve customer experience considerations. For most others, they just drive up to whatever is close to them and buy that F-150.

Bronco has created a sort of luxury buyer experience for Ford and for the first time in maybe 45 years, buyers who have higher income and luxury expectations. Sure, rich guys buy Fords, but they wouldn't pull any bullshit on a rich guy either; they're taking their chances that you (we) are just "some guy".

A luxury dealership would normally not pull shenanigans. There are fewer luxury dealerships, lux buyers are willing to buy from wherever including out of state, and with lower sales and high margins, higher value sales are important to keep rolling in. This means they don't risk pissing you off as much. You're also paying for a luxury (low stress) experience when purchasing a luxury auto; not a damn Ford, no matter how special it is.

Best thing you can do if the dealer tries to screw you is talk them out of it, but the OP is in NY and the assholes you must deal with up there are a totally different breed.

If they still don't budge, buy the Wrangler. I hate this option too, but I'll be faced with the same options in a few months if my dealership gets tricky.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Why have you not named this dealership in your posts? Wondering now what you haven't said....

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.
Might want to tell Don's that your company will be reevaluating its relationship with them unless they sell your Bronco at the agreed-upon price.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jack1080

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 f350,18 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why have you not named this dealership in your posts? Wondering now what you haven't said....
I named the dealer early on in this thread and it appears multiple times through out. Dons ford

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I named the dealer early on in this thread and it appears multiple times through out. Dons ford
My apologies. May want to edit the name of the dealership into your first post. The first one is the most read and thought I went back through it a few times to get the name.

Blasting them may have some impact.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Perfectly fine with dishonest dealers regularly screwing people. Meanwhile at Granger, SAC, and Chapman where honest folks and transparency is punished by the mothership.

And about that MY22 price protection. Total BS corporate line. If Ford doesn’t care about dickhead dealers charging insane ADM, wtf does the price protection matter? Total lie.

Sorry to hear OP. Hate to hear another crook dealer wins again. God only knows how many times this has happened across country. What a joke.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Ford Motor Company Perfectly fine with dishonest dealers regularly screwing people. Meanwhile at Granger, SAC, and Chapman where honest folks and transparency is punished by the mothership.

And about that MY22 price protection. Total BS corporate line. If Ford doesn’t care about dickhead dealers charging insane ADM, wtf does the price protection matter? Total lie.

Sorry to hear OP. Hate to hear another crook dealer wins again. God only knows how many times this has happened across country. What a joke.
Because everything but the ADM is covered, that means more of that sweet, sweet ADM for dealers, winning all the way around... Unless you are the end customer.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This kind of crap makes my blood boil. The vehicle is already overpriced from the manufacturer. My advice, RUN, do not walk away from that dealer, and take all of your business with you. Hit them with negative Yelp, Google and SM reviews everywhere you can. The dopes that pay that kind of additional dealer markup will get their "Additional Financial Beating" reward when the things are as common as Jeep Wranglers and worth what they are really worth.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Business School here as well. Sorry this is late (Holiday. family!), but strangely I think rules are different for car dealerships.

Just like when we flip the order process, as a paying customer, you are free to walk away from the order at any time. Sure, they may keep your deposit, but you are free to go elsewhere, so it's more of an agreement than a binding agreement or contract. Also, pretty sure that whatever you signed held an arbitration clause that was likely pretty iron clad.

There isn't much you can do to a standard car dealership. In my metro area alone, there are close to 30 Ford stores. Ford is the equivalent of Wal-Mart. Meaning, everyone can agree that Wal-Mart is a shady place, can draw crime, and is pretty standard. But, even with the full knowledge of what Wal-Mart is, a lot of people still go. Sure, some do Amazon and Target, but Wal-Mart hasn't skipped a beat.

Dealerships make a lot of money off of fleet sales, these deals are large and don't involve customer experience considerations. For most others, they just drive up to whatever is close to them and buy that F-150.

Bronco has created a sort of luxury buyer experience for Ford and for the first time in maybe 45 years, buyers who have higher income and luxury expectations. Sure, rich guys buy Fords, but they wouldn't pull any bullshit on a rich guy either; they're taking their chances that you (we) are just "some guy".

A luxury dealership would normally not pull shenanigans. There are fewer luxury dealerships, lux buyers are willing to buy from wherever including out of state, and with lower sales and high margins, higher value sales are important to keep rolling in. This means they don't risk pissing you off as much. You're also paying for a luxury (low stress) experience when purchasing a luxury auto; not a damn Ford, no matter how special it is.

Best thing you can do if the dealer tries to screw you is talk them out of it, but the OP is in NY and the assholes you must deal with up there are a totally different breed.

If they still don't budge, buy the Wrangler. I hate this option too, but I'll be faced with the same options in a few months if my dealership gets tricky.
in the end it is all a mute point because there isn’t enough money involved in this to ever go legal. Maybe the best you could hope for is to pay the ADM and try and go to small claims court. Perhaps you can circumvent the arbitration clause in the sales contract by claiming it is a contract of adhesion. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/adhesion_contract_(contract_of_adhesion).

personally I don’t have the time to screw with it but maybe someone else does. it will be one of my arguments should they try and play games upon deliver.

Bendbig21

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 S10, 2019 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
Damn nice man, could not have said it better. I have every email and every copy of paperwork from Ford and my Dealership. My Bronco is on the way! Sorry replying late I don't get the new threads until following Monday!

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this the Don's Ford in Utica, Oneida County, NY? If so, their dealer site solicits reviews for several sites. Stuff their socks with the truth and hopefully their business volume will react accordingly.
Sponsored