Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear, I have a relatively early reservation number, but no time to do an order, and many of my options are delayed delivery anyway. I wanted my dealer to just enter it as a code 99 and I will take an MY22, which with late delivery options (Lux, SASQ, others) probably won't make that much difference in when I get one and maybe a few other options will be available.

My dealer wants a $1,500 non-refundable deposit for any Bronco order, per their ownership. I am out of town and unable to get to them to give a deposit, plus I don't like throwing a deposit open-ended for what may be almost a year. I don't have a problem with a deposit for the MY21 since dealers will get a penalty if someone orders and cancels after it ships.

I like my salesman and have bought a Mustang GT and Superduty from him in the past, before and right after the new ownership. I have struck out with him the last two leases for my wife and she ended up with Acura instead of Lincolns.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear, I have a relatively early reservation number, but no time to do an order, and many of my options are delayed delivery anyway. I wanted my dealer to just enter it as a code 99 and I will take an MY22, which with late delivery options (Lux, SASQ, others) probably won't make that much difference in when I get one and maybe a few other options will be available.

My dealer wants a $1,500 non-refundable deposit for any Bronco order, per their ownership. I am out of town and unable to get to them to give a deposit, plus I don't like throwing a deposit open-ended for what may be almost a year. I don't have a problem with a deposit for the MY21 since dealers will get a penalty if someone orders and cancels after it ships.

I like my salesman and have bought a Mustang GT and Superduty from him in the past, before and right after the new ownership. I have struck out with him the last two leases for my wife and she ended up with Acura instead of Lincolns.
Yeah so uh you have to decide... we can't decide for you

Bob Mathewson

First Name
Babo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F150, 2003 Toyota Echo, 1998 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Call Ford at 800-334-4375 ext 4
Wait 10 minutes for answer
Transfer to another dealer in minutes.

OP
OP
Automator59

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah so uh you have to decide... we can't decide for you
The base issue is taken care of, Ford said I don't lose my reservation if I don't convert. The rest is now the background for information. I have had two other dealers tell me I can't do anything and would lose my reservation, so there is a lot of confusion out there among the dealers.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lux and SASQ are not late delivery, they are high demand.... maybe they can build it on time, maybe it will be delayed a bit, just depends on what parts they have on hand. If you want a modular top, that would be late delivery and bumped to MY22.
E-mail your dealer your build, deposit via wire transfer, you could likely have your Bronco this fall.
If you prefer to wait for MY22, that's fine. Just want to make you aware you 'could' have it sooner.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base issue is taken care of, Ford said I don't lose my reservation if I don't convert. The rest is now the background for information. I have had two other dealers tell me I can't do anything and would lose my reservation, so there is a lot of confusion out there among the dealers.
If we have the information, I'm inclined to think Ford has relayed this exact info to dealers. They're playing dumb to cover their azz. Simply my opinion.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i was tagged so i can hijack your thread...switch to me, $100 refundable, 3% under invoice...

to transfer, call 800 CRC #, res gets transferred within 15 minutes (as along as it hasnt been converted to an order...thats another process)

edit...i just read the top of the thread...says your at a 99...which means you have been converted...so the process is, make a new res with a new dealer...call the CRC, give them your old # and new res #...let them know your old # was converted without consent and u want a timestamp transfer...get a case #...some have gone thru within 2 days...others have been taking longer...let me know how i may help
Since you had assumed he had converted and got cold feet after thinking about a deposit on a code 99 (he was quite clear that the deposit was the only problem he had with his chosen dealer), why did you advise him to tell Ford that the other dealer converted without his permission instead of the truth? Will Ford not back out an order for a customer if they change their mind?

Merica123

Badlands
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Brighton Ford in Brighton MI is my dealer. A-Plan-OK, no deposit for my 21-Order. A bit of a drive though from Illinois

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer has informed me that I need to put down a $1,500 non-refundable deposit, regardless of what MY I am set up with.
Ouch, that's absurd. My dealer required $500 "non-refundable" and even that much for me is hard to swallow for a vehicle I've never seen in person, touched or driven. Worst case: we'll see just how "non-refundable" that deposit is if/when the time comes. One would think a refund would be a non-issue for a vehicle that could easily be sold to another buyer within hours.
Sponsored