Sponsored

Dealer wants purchase agreement signed

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer has put the order into Ford and I received the order confirmation email from Ford. However, my dealer wants me to sign a purchase agreement. Not sure why they would require that when Im not purchasing until its delivered. Ive never ordered a vehicle so this may be normal, but it doesnt seem proper. Is this normal? Thanks.
Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has put the order into Ford and I received the order confirmation email from Ford. However, my dealer wants me to sign a purchase agreement. Not sure why they would require that when Im not purchasing until its delivered. Ive never ordered a vehicle so this may be normal, but it doesnt seem proper. Is this normal? Thanks.
I have a F-250 Tremor on order. No purchase agreement. My name shows up in Fords tracking system associated with the truck. There is nothing guaranteeing I'll buy other than a $500 refundable deposit. I have X-Plan pricing in writing but it's not a contract. Can they change something on me? Probably. Will they? Probably not.

I would not sign a purchase agreement now unless it was some screaming deal that there is absolutely no chance can ever get better and my financial situation has absolutely no chance of changing by the time I get the vehicle.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a F-250 Tremor on order. No purchase agreement. My name shows up in Fords tracking system associated with the truck. There is nothing guaranteeing I'll buy other than a $500 refundable deposit. I have X-Plan pricing in writing but it's not a contract. Can they change something on me? Probably. Will they? Probably not.

I would not sign a purchase agreement now unless it was some screaming deal that there is absolutely no chance can ever get better and my financial situation has absolutely no chance of changing by the time I get the vehicle.
Sounds about right. Appreciate the response.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you have ordered the Bronco, but have not agreed of price? What are you going to do when it comes in and they want to add $10k over MSRP? A purchase agreement would prevent that. I have one on my order, but too each his own.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you have ordered the Bronco, but have not agreed of price? What are you going to do when it comes in and they want to add $10k over MSRP? A purchase agreement would prevent that. I have one on my order, but too each his own.
No, we have agreed on price ($1000 under invoice). I just dont want to be committed if something goes south with my business over the next year. Signing seems premature.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, we have agreed on price ($1000 under invoice). I just dont want to be committed if something goes south with my business over the next year. Signing seems premature.
You ordered a vehicle to your specs but you don't want to sign a purchase agreement?
I wouldn't be able to be a dealer.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You got a nice deal. Understand you want to protect yourself in case something changes on your end, but isn't everyone in that situation? I think you are locking in a good deal.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How have you agreed to 1000.00 under invoice? Handshake? Normal business is to have a signed purchase agreement. This protects you and the dealer. I have to admit Iā€™m at a loss as to everyone thinks this is a one way street. Maybe itā€™s my old age and memory failing me but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever ordered a car without a signed agreement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without one it does not bind the dealer to that sales price.
Understood. The reason I asked is because I was not sure if this is normal or not.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How have you agreed to 1000.00 under invoice? Handshake? Normal business is to have a signed purchase agreement. This protects you and the dealer. I have to admit Iā€™m at a loss as to everyone thinks this is a one way street. Maybe itā€™s my old age and memory failing me but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever ordered a car without a signed agreement.
Again, Ive never ordered one so that why Im asking if its normal. And plenty of dealers would love for it to be a one way street in their favor.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would sign it. Voice your concerns to the dealer And see what they say. Are you putting a deposit down? Is it refundable?

1000 under invoice and you won't sign? That's just crazy talk

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs