Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stopped by the dealer to get a signed purchase agreement. Everything looks good, I signed it but they insisted they didn’t need to sign it and that it’s good to go.

seems fishy to me, can anyone with more knowledge assist with understanding?
Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stopped by the dealer to get a signed purchase agreement. Everything looks good, I signed it but they insisted they didn’t need to sign it and that it’s good to go.

What can you do other than roll with it at this point.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s a trust thing.

I’d be leary…. But I don’t know what sort of relationship you have with them. Did you already agree to a price or was this the negotiation ?

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I talked directly to the ordering manager at my dealer, and I got him to send me an email stating that they will not charge anything over msrp. It was a very upfront conversation…basically told him that I have been hearing nightmare stories, and while I trust their dealership I’d feel much better with anything in writing.

He understood, and sent the reply email minutes after I sent one while sitting at his desk. A signed doc is certainly more advantageous, but I am confident in what I have.

Do you have anything at all in writing discussing price? If not, consider at the very least going this route.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it isn’t signed by both parties, it is not binding. Whether they will honor the price quoted or not, I don’t know - but if you don’t have a copy with their signed acceptance of offer, you have no leg to stand on should you need to contest anything down the road.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's better to have the difficult conversation and goings on now than upon delivery and assume it will be cool then. I'd press the dealer for a deal. I mean, it's not an uncommon thing.

Reactions: MJJ

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, mine isn’t signed but it’s all documented. Plus they have quite a few folks from this forum that ordered, we all got the same deal, so no shenanigans.
People have already picked up their Broncos and reported back on their experience

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's printed out and has their name on it. You're good. Assuming it's in your order file, and you have a copy, and you have a verbal agreement documented on the purchase agreement. They won't back out of that.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it isn’t signed by both parties, it is not binding. Whether they will honor the price quoted or not, I don’t know - but if you don’t have a copy with their signed acceptance of offer, you have no leg to stand on should you need to contest anything down the road.
The only binding agreement is the actual sales contract that includes additional accessories and extended Warranty if purchased. All other agreements validate the ethics & goodwill behind the dealership

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds sketchy, but like others said their dealership name is on the sales order. Ford would probably make sure they are ethical and follow through with the terms. Ours was signed by the sales manager but they didn’t put up a fight about signing it.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They didn’t sign mine either I don’t think it’s a big deal. You’ll need to go back and do it again anyways when the 2022 order banks open up in a couple weeks.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they have no ill intent it should be no issue to sign it. Hesitation would get my warning bells going as well.
If it is a reputable dealer and you already know people have been done right there, maybe it will be fine.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they have no ill intent it should be no issue to sign it. Hesitation would get my warning bells going as well.
If it is a reputable dealer and you already know people have been done right there, maybe it will be fine.

Right, I asked the guy several times if they were going to charge me over msrp and he said they would never. I trust them and I have my purchase order with my signature.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said we didn't need to sign anything at order time. Just the deposit.
We had email communication and verbal communication that stating I'd pay MSRP + tax +Doc Fee.

They honored it without issue.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, I asked the guy several times if they were going to charge me over msrp and he said they would never. I trust them and I have my purchase order with my signature.
Most are ok. Like anything else, there are bad apples and greedy people.
From what I have seen it comes from the top down.
If the atmosphere supports shady and non-caring salespeople based on a like-minded GM or franchise owner...you can bet the good ones leave to go find a place where people are treated like customers.

I know several really good ones, and several ones I wouldn't call the FD is the dealership was on fire.

You should be fine. They take the stance of no ADM, you have a purchase agreement and probably some emails back and forth echoing the same.
Sponsored