buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blend date 8/26/2022. Delivered to dealer in Manor, TX today. I was on my way to pick it up when the dealer texted me to say "call me asap."

My Bronco sustained transport damage which is causing the left mirror to throw error codes for the BLIS system, so the dealer said they don't feel comfortable allowing me to test drive or purchase the vehicle tonight.

Am I crazy? BLIS is in no way a safety critical system. It's additional safety, but not having it hardly makes the Bronco unfit to drive. If they rule out additional damage, and only the BLIS is impaired, do they have a good reason to make me wait for the repair? My concern is that this could take weeks.

Oh well. Tomorrow their techs will be taking a look, and we'll probably have a better idea of how much longer this will take to fix.

IMG_20220912_200012.jpg

IMG_20220912_200014.jpg

IMG_20220912_200017.jpg
Sponsored

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say they need to look at it to see where all the damage is but after that you should be able to drive it until the parts come in.

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blend date 8/26/2022. Delivered to dealer in Manor, TX today. I was on my way to pick it up when the dealer texted me to say "call me asap."

My Bronco sustained transport damage which is causing the left mirror to throw error codes for the BLIS system, so the dealer said they don't feel comfortable allowing me to test drive or purchase the vehicle tonight.

Am I crazy? BLIS is in no way a safety critical system. It's additional safety, but not having it hardly makes the Bronco unfit to drive. If they rule out additional damage, and only the BLIS is impaired, do they have a good reason to make me wait for the repair? My concern is that this could take weeks.

Oh well. Tomorrow their techs will be taking a look, and we'll probably have a better idea of how much longer this will take to fix.

Ford Bronco Dealer won't release Bronco due to damaged BLIS IMG_20220912_200017

Possible that non functional blind spot indicators would fail a factory mandated pre delivery checklist. So while you might not mind, were something to happen they could be in trouble with Ford or a regulatory agency.
Safety and emissions systems (and NHTSA safety scores are affected by having BLIS, so I could see it falling in that category) would definitely be a stop sale reason for an individual unit.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess ymmv with dealers. My 18yo son had my F150 in Florida and the rear brakes started grinding. Slide pins were rusted and the inner pads wore out causing metal on metal brakes. Pads were backordered for a week and rotors at least 2 weeks. Told him to come and get it knowing he had to drive it back to NY. Needless to say we got them fixed somewhere else.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possible that non functional blind spot indicators would fail a factory mandated pre delivery checklist. So while you might not mind, were something to happen they could be in trouble with Ford or a regulatory agency.
Safety and emissions systems (and NHTSA safety scores are affected by having BLIS, so I could see it falling in that category) would definitely be a stop sale reason for an individual unit.
I agree. (y)

See attached 2021 Ford Bronco Pre-Delivery Service Record (and excerpts below, emphasis added).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. Run OASIS

☐ Check OASIS using Pre-Delivery Symptom Code 991*** to identify any required additional PDI instructions.
☐ Confirm that all open Recalls and Field Service Actions have been completed.

[snip]

See the Work Shop Manual or the Owner's Guide for specifications and details on performing any procedures or for description and operation of vehicle features. All repairs found necessary during this pre-delivery inspection must be completed prior to delivery of the vehicle. Dealership authorized personnel in the service department should perform appropriate diagnostics and warranty repair (if applicable) per Ford Motor Company service publication procedures and warranty policies. See Ford Warranty and Policy Manual for directions on submitting Transportation or Warranty claims, repairs not meeting this criteria are the responsibility of the Dealership.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dealer Name: ___________________
Dealer Sales Code: ____________________

By signature below, I certify that all items on this sheet have been inspected on this vehicle in accordance with all applicable procedures and all necessary operations have been performed by a service technician. I confirm that all open recalls and field service actions have been completed. I understand that it is a Sales and Service Agreement requirement to maintain this record in the Dealer's vehicle service file.

Dealer Authorized Signature: ___________________
Date: ____________________

Technician Signature: ___________________
Date: ____________________

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

makes some sense... BLIS or no BLIS it's fine, but faulty BLIS would be something different all together.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My left mirror was damaged on delivery. I brought the vehicle back 48 hours later for a 60 minute appointment. They swapped my mirror for one from their mannequin.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model