Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what happens in this scenario:

There is an urgent Bronco recall. Engine could catch fire and you are instructed to go to your nearest dealership for service. BUT you are turned away. So you leave and 1 mile from the dealership your bronco catches fire and you die. The new puppy you just bought for your wife who was just diagnosed with cancer also dies.
In this scenario, I think you and the dog will most likely be buried together and the Bronco will be totaled but a new Bronco paid for by the insurance money will be delivered to your wife who will be in remission and going on dates in her new ride.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP. Have you contacted your selling dealer to see if they would be willing to do a pickup and delivery? Ford has a program going right now where they pay the dealer to pickup and deliver vehicles. Worth a call anyway.
This requires successfully employing courtesy drivers and my dealer is one of the biggest in Colorado/Rocky Mountain/Southwest and they only pay $17/hr for the position so yet another hurdle to overcome in servicing the customer!🤦‍♂️

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This requires successfully employing courtesy drivers and my dealer is one of the biggest in Colorado/Rocky Mountain/Southwest and they only pay $17/hr for the position so yet another hurdle to overcome in servicing the customer!🤦‍♂️
Well, Ford has successfully lined new car $$ to two survey response questions. Were you offered mobile service? Were you offered pickup and delivery? Gotta have a yes response on 30% of the surveys returned or they withhold part of the holdback payment. We've been doing P&Ds in town for nearly 40 years, have been one of the highest to log these with Ford and not hitting our survey response #. If it's a big dealer they're going to have to figure out how to do it or get customers to fib on the survey or it's going to cost them a ton of $$$.

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fascinating thread read. I've never known a dealership of any kind to refuse to do service work or warranty service work. The service department is a money making venture for each dealership. They profit off of service work big time, even on Ford payments to them for "warranty" work.

Fascinating a dealership would turn down profit.

In fact, that is one reason each manufacturer now requires a specific computer diagnostic system by brand JUST to make sure you bring your vehicles to them for everything, cause the poor mom and pop mechanic can not afford to purchase those high dollar, brand specific machines. I know we have hack system analyst tools now, but for a long while we did not.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There is an urgent Bronco recall. Engine could catch fire and you are instructed to go to your nearest dealership for service. BUT you are turned away. So you leave and 1 mile from the dealership your bronco catches fire and you die. The new puppy you just bought for your wife who was just diagnosed with cancer also dies.

I think you could make a strong case that this dealership and Ford is liable.
except Ford’s lawyers would say the vehicle shouldn’t have been driven if you knew it was dangerous to drive away in. Dead person should have had it towed.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ASM. Additional service markup. We should see this soon. It worked selling the vehicles.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just say you identify as <insert protected class here> and that you were turned away for that.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Legal.

Kind of like the latest trend for tire shops. Mounting and balancing a tire you bought from them is one price (say $30), but if they didn’t sell you the tire they’ll charge $80 for the same job.
Yep, been noticing that for a few years now. Tire mounting and balancing was very cheap at one point, now even walmart charges excessive prices.

I can see why they do it, so many "retailers" online going for mass sales. I don't like it but understand it. I bought a new set of tires for the wife's previous explorer last year, even with $100 charge to mount four tires it was still cheaper to buy online and have them mounted locally. I told the local retailer the figures and all he said, very kindly, was "I don't blame you".

The next large ticket tools I'm buying are a tire changer and a balancer.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In this scenario, I think you and the dog will most likely be buried together and the Bronco will be totaled but a new Bronco paid for by the insurance money will be delivered to your wife who will be in remission and going on dates in her new ride.
Why does the dog have to die? Leave the good boy or girl out of this!

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
new car sales makes the less $$ .. service and used car sales make more $$
pretty sure that's what i was saying. if not that's what i meant. so pretty dumb for the dealer to turn him away.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you could make a strong case that this dealership and Ford is liable.
Your already gone & the wife will soon be gone so nothing for them to sweat :cautious:

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interestingly enough..........ALL of this may change in the future.................as Ford and the other manufacturers try to take complete control of the SALE of their vehicles (as in Tesla), dealerships may be left with mostly service ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.