faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did anyone take ownership of ANY car ordered through Tom ?
Not a Bronco, but @DealerInsider is running a similar deal (x% under invoice) for Wrangler special orders. My son picked one up and
a) the deal is real;
b) Tom's team is great to work with;
c) I hope my Bronco when it comes down from Dirt Mountain goes just as smoothly, with I don't question it will.
Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong, and Tom ( @DealerInsider ), correct me if I am, but I believe that Tom was a bit late to the forum party. I remember his initial thread being posted probably a few months after Grangers, Stephens or Leonardtown and because of that if memory serves, initially he was met with some skepticism (presumably because so many dealers have given dealers a bad name with dishonest tactics and a straight shooter like Tom in the dealer space has proven to be hard to come by). That said, because of that it's possible that he's got a bunch of later orders/reservations in the grand scheme of things which might limit the number of Bronco's that people have taken ownership of from Tom as of yet.
Incorrect. There have been a handful of people who have gotten their Bronco's from Tom, amongst other vehicles in which he's doing deals for. Tom has 50+ Bronco reservations from folks who are day one preorders. All this can be verified on his 3% under invoice thread.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Incorrect. There have been a handful of people who have gotten their Bronco's from Tom, amongst other vehicles in which he's doing deals for. Tom has 50+ Bronco reservations from folks who are day one preorders. All this can be verified on his 3% under invoice thread.
That makes sense then, the folks on this thread would all be late reservations, all of the people who actually got them are over on the other one. I wasn't thinking about all of the transfers, but that makes sense too. I did go over to that thread and confirmed that it was posted up in January, so I at least remembered that part right, but I guess that wouldn't matter if they transferred over day one reservations before 3/19. I only wish I would have transferred over my July reservation before the cut off.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is this a way for him to get a higher Ford allocation ? Theres no way in hell an order placed today would be delivered in 21 or even 22. What does he gain buy getting a lot of orders in ...and he does get a lot when he advertises 4% bellow invoice .
i would like to know what you consider "a lot"...if we earned "a lot" every dealer would be doing it

Sponsored

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stipulations: Credit restrictions apply...your 1st payment & states tax/tags are due @ signing (I included the PA doc in the cap cost)...wear & use guidelines apply (attached is FMCC pdf we will use)...the lease is 10k per year, but i am allowing 1000 per month for the buyback...Buyback is good for 15 months from date of 1st payment...if you decide to keep the vehicle after 15 months, you are still contractually obligated to the lessor (leasing company)

Question.......

What happens if I go over 10k miles a year?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question.......

What happens if I go over 10k miles a year?
you can drive it up to 1000 miles per month and trade it back into Tom no problem. I assume if you go over, Tom gives you fair market value to trade back in instead of the guaranteed buyback rate
you can drive it up to 10k miles per year (833 miles per month) if you want to keep it the full 36 months and turn it back in to Chrysler Capital. If you're over CCAP charges you per mile over to turn it back in, like a normal lease.
you can drive it unlimited miles if you want to just buy it from CCAP at the end

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can drive it up to 1000 miles per month and trade it back into Tom no problem. I assume if you go over, Tom gives you fair market value to trade back in instead of the guaranteed buyback rate
you can drive it up to 10k miles per year (833 miles per month) if you want to keep it the full 36 months and turn it back in to Chrysler Capital. If you're over CCAP charges you per mile over to turn it back in, like a normal lease.
you can drive it unlimited miles if you want to just buy it from CCAP at the end

Thank you, that helps!

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you, that helps!
Yeah, its basically two separate agreements

1. a discounted standard lease
2. agreement with Tom to buy the vehicle back at a fixed price as long as you don't abuse it or put a ton of miles on

its a great deal from Tom and I'm really happy I did it instead of trying to buy something for the interim elsewhere

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That makes sense then, the folks on this thread would all be late reservations, all of the people who actually got them are over on the other one. I wasn't thinking about all of the transfers, but that makes sense too. I did go over to that thread and confirmed that it was posted up in January, so I at least remembered that part right, but I guess that wouldn't matter if they transferred over day one reservations before 3/19. I only wish I would have transferred over my July reservation before the cut off.
I transferred my day 3 RSVP to Chapman after talking to the OG dealer at the beginning of the year but opted for a 2022 (waiting for either white or body colored top). I also have 19March21 RSVP just in case.

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WITH FORD PAUSING ONLINE RESERVATIONS, AS OF 9/1/21, THIS OFFER IS CLOSED...

ANYONE WHO WENT THRU THE ONLINE RESERVATION WITH US FROM 3/19/21 TO 8/23/21 WILL STILL RECEIVE THE 4% UNDER INVOICE...

Last edited:

jreburn

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WITH FORD CANCELLING ONLINE RESERVATIONS, AS OF 9/1/21, THIS OFFER IS CLOSED...

ANYONE WHO WENT THRU THE ONLINE RESERVATION WITH US FROM 3/19/21 TO 8/23/21 WILL STILL RECEIVE THE 4% UNDER INVOICE...
Hi Tom, I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to double check. My friend Joseph ordered with you on 8/23, he’s safe, right?