Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MOPAR, when you need speed for cheap but don't care if it falls apart. :ROFLMAO:
LOL at any domestic automaker fanboy making fun of the long-term reliability of another domestic automaker. Just sayin'... :D
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just tried printing out my build to take to dealer with me next Wednesday and ford site acting crazy won’t let me print
Save it to your hard drive as a pdf

print pdf
I'm a day 2 reservation, my dealer is supposedly expecting to fill 95 of 195 reservations. So as long as my build itself doesn't push my to 2022 I figure I'll be 2021.
What if the 94 people in front of you are day 1 reservation holders ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers cannot give preference based on when the customer was associated with that dealer.
They can put the orders in in the order they want to put them in. Ford recommends timestamp order...the dealer makes the determination. It was on the video from Ford yesterday to dealers....according to a reliable source.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They can put the orders in in the order they want to put them in. Ford recommends timestamp order...the dealer makes the determination. It was on the video from Ford yesterday to dealers....according to a reliable source.
But when the order gets entered, as long as it is entered by March 19th, has no bearing on when the vehicle will be built and delivered.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
how big is your dealership? I'm a day one also my dealer isn't huge I cant see that many reservations being in front of me.
They aren’t very big. But they were offering invoice so i think they got a lot of orders.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as they enter in every order, then nobody has anything to worry about. If they intentionally hold back orders then I think that's breach of some kind of contract

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these allocations a "per week" or "per month" or "per year"? I KNOW that I haven't seen that answer (I haven't read the entire Search function though).
Asking sensible questions, remaining logical and calm is grounds for a temporary banning around these parts. You shall repeat rumors over and over again until someone proclaims them 'confirmed'.

Ford says they have at least 195K reservations and the 'confirmed' 30% of those will be a minimum of 58500 units (so I suspect the allocations are for the balance of the year, not a month). Ford also saying 70% conversion rate so they expect 195K * 0.7 reservations to convert (136500 units), that means that 58.5/136.5 is over 43% fulfillment rate of Ford's projection of reservation conversions to actual orders. If Ford only converts 50% of reservations that means 60% of orders filled and if they convert only 35% (which is my estimate) is 85% of actual orders allocated in 2021. (30% conversion rate means every single reservation has an allocation)

Obviously, unless someone knows for a fact what the reservation conversion rate will be, the rest of it is garbage. It is too soon to panic or rejoice, but I hope people all feel free to scream and run around in circles, it makes me laugh sometimes.

as an aside; 58500 units over the 7ish months is about 30 weeks of production before they need to swap over, means they are estimating less than 2000 units a week on average. I recall they said they would be running a second shift and expected well over double that when up and running, so the production numbers seem to be very conservative, unless they are diverting half the production to fleet and dealer stock? (I kid! Don't repeat that as a rumor.) I suppose they might be strangled down that low if half the people pick options that their suppliers cannot get to them, but it would have to be half the trucks held up. Another complete unknown, even to Ford until orders are actually placed and their suppliers give Ford delivery timelines, but by all means panic early and often.

There are more and more rumblings that the science on Covid is evolving and by early February the various State Governors will find that said science will allow them to safely open the economy, thus speeding production, which will be nice if it happens.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As long as they enter in every order, then nobody has anything to worry about. If they intentionally hold back orders then I think that's breach of some kind of contract
They can't convert every reservation into an order for MY21. Each dealership has been allocated 30% of their reservations to be able to convert into MY21 orders. No matter what your reservation date is, if you are outside their 30% threshold you will get a MY22.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Asking sensible questions, remaining logical and calm is grounds for a temporary banning around these parts. You shall repeat rumors over and over again until someone proclaims them 'confirmed'.

Ford says they have at least 195K reservations and the 'confirmed' 30% of those will be a minimum of 58500 units (so I suspect the allocations are for the balance of the year, not a month). Ford also saying 70% conversion rate so they expect 195K * 0.7 reservations to convert (136500 units), that means that 58.5/136.5 is over 43% fulfillment rate of Ford's projection of reservation conversions to actual orders. If Ford only converts 50% of reservations that means 60% of orders filled and if they convert only 35% (which is my estimate) is 85% of actual orders allocated in 2021. (30% conversion rate means every single reservation has an allocation)

Obviously, unless someone knows for a fact what the reservation conversion rate will be, the rest of it is garbage. It is too soon to panic or rejoice, but I hope people all feel free to scream and run around in circles, it makes me laugh sometimes.

as an aside; 58500 units over the 7ish months is about 30 weeks of production before they need to swap over, means they are estimating less than 2000 units a week on average. I recall they said they would be running a second shift and expected well over double that when up and running, so the production numbers seem to be very conservative, unless they are diverting half the production to fleet and dealer stock? (I kid! Don't repeat that as a rumor.) I suppose they might be strangled down that low if half the people pick options that their suppliers cannot get to them, but it would have to be half the trucks held up. Another complete unknown, even to Ford until orders are actually placed and their suppliers give Ford delivery timelines, but by all means panic early and often.

There are more and more rumblings that the science on Covid is evolving and by early February the various State Governors will find that said science will allow them to safely open the economy, thus speeding production, which will be nice if it happens.
Thank you. Ya know, all dealers or Ford had to do was say something boiled down.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But when the order gets entered, as long as it is entered by March 19th, has no bearing on when the vehicle will be built and delivered.
Ok, I’ll be more clear. The dealer can have a vehicle with a newer timestamp scheduled to be built before a vehicle with an older one. They control that now.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have fun!

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I’ll be more clear. The dealer can have a vehicle with a newer timestamp scheduled to be built before a vehicle with an older one. They control that now.
How? Only when Ford throws all the orders into the algorithm (that will determine the sequence depending on when commodities are available) will anyone know what and when Bronco gets built

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Obviously it’s somehow linked to the reservation, else dealers could Willy nilly order FEs for themselves and customers who didn’t reserve one

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously it’s somehow linked to the reservation, else dealers could Willy nilly order FEs for themselves and customers who didn’t reserve one
No doubt that they can only enter orders based on reservations....but order can be changed. This is according to the video they say yesterday.
Sponsored