Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How? Only when Ford throws all the orders into the algorithm (that will determine the sequence depending on when commodities are available) will anyone know what and when Bronco gets built
Dealers can internally prioritize the orders.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A
Dealers can internally prioritize the orders.
Again, they can put orders into the system however they want. But Ford has said, all orders placed as of March 19th will be prioritized and scheduled based on reservation, dealer allocation and commodities availability. The dealer has no way to affect those variables.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No doubt that they can only enter orders based on reservations....but order can be changed. This is according to the video they say yesterday.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. For sure a dealer could go in and edit an order. The capability is designed to allow the customer to make edits on their order up until the time the vehicle is put on the assembly schedule and assigned a VIN.

Could a dealer go and change an order to whatever they want with the intention of pissing the customer off and making them walk away? Yeah I guess, but it has been implied the penalties to do so are steep.

None of the above allows them to affect the order in which that Bronco is built.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He didn't refuse me to switch, he just refused me switching and getting MY21 while bumping someone who reserved with a while back to MY22 due to the limited allocations, I am welcome to switch as long as I accept MY22 which is not an option for me.
I am still awaiting feedback from my dealer to see about this allocation thing.
Dealer does not control that. You are literally just a number stamp to them.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A

Again, they can put orders into the system however they want. But Ford has said, all orders placed as of March 19th will be prioritized and scheduled based on reservation, dealer allocation and commodities availability. The dealer has no way to affect those variables.
Entering something into the software is one thing but they can also prioritize items AFTER entering them. This secondary prioritization goes to Ford.

Not saying it is right or wrong but there are arguments to both aspects.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called my dealer, they got 92 Allocations, I am waiting to know if I fall within those 92 for MY21.
He said if Ford continues with 92, they need 4 years to deliver their existing reservations, so they seem to have about 400 reservations in total.

I have 7/16 early morning reservation, hopefully, I make it to MY21 otherwise I am passing on the Bronco, they are located in a fancy area so I am hoping everyone is getting full spec cars with later availability :)

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Entering something into the software is one thing but they can also prioritize items AFTER entering them. This secondary prioritization goes to Ford.

Not saying it is right or wrong but there are arguments to both aspects.
Please provide evidence of your claim contradicting Fords stated process.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer just told me they have over 200 allocations for MY21

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer just told me they have over 200 allocations for MY21
So roughly 200 allocation = 30% of their reservation count. Somewhere around 660 reservations?

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the point is customers have been told repeatedly by Ford that orders will be processed in order of timestamp (yes allocation plays a roll across dealerships).

But what you appear to be suggesting is that its actually dealers who are in absolute control of when orders are submitted and can completely ignore reservation timestamp. Not saying YOU are doing this, but rather implying its totally possible for Dealer's to play favorites and submit an order from a "valued" customer that was reserved much later than some random person that reserved earlier.

Or in the case you described earlier, If you had a reservation holder and then an earlier reservation holder who wanted to transfer their reservation to your dealership. You are implying that you would let them transfer but tell them you would not submit their order until after the other older later reservation holder.

Either way this goes against what Ford has been telling buyers.

PS no intent to misrepresent what you or your dealership is doing.

This is what I tried to say, English is my 2nd language, you make it sound fancier :)
I still think it's not fair to deny new switches if it means pushing someone to MY22, what's the point of having a reservation system with Ford in this case!it sucks If you reserve on 7/15 and get pushed to 2022 due to low allocations/ high reservations at your dealer and someone else who reserved on 7/28 get the Bronco in 2021 just because their dealer had more allocations or less reservations.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope. If you don't believe then that is fine. It then "turns into" opinion.
An "opinion" informed by the well documented statements made by the mothership. Or your "promise".

Yeah, sure.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then, kindly, GTFO.
Well, he’s correct and you are wrong. Say what you want...it doesn’t make it right. The dealers were told they could do this yesterday. Ford recommends timestamp order for dealer priority of orders, but the dealer decides. You want proof then you’ll just have to wait. Or ask NayNay. Or another dealer. It was made clear.
Sponsored