Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

Anyone got the info from their dealer if they will make it to the MY21 or not? I heard from a dealer and a friend that dealers are getting less allocations than they anticipated as a result, not everyone on their list will make it and get MY21, my basic understanding was Ford will deliver cars based on reservation number not on dealer allocation, Am I wrong? like if my dealer for example has the 1st 2000 reservation, do they get 2000 cars or they only get what's allocated from Ford??
I was going to change my reservation to a nearer dealer but he informed me that there are people who reserved earlier and If I switch I'll be ahead of them, as a result, I'll be on the MY21 and they may get bumped to MY22 so he refused my switch unless I accept being on MY22, I understand his point of view but I thought this is not how things would go with the Bronco.

I am a bit confused, this would be a massive hit for those who have early reservations and get screwed by their dealers now at the time of order with extra ADM of false promises and no one will take them.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. Was not aware that dealers could refuse reservations. If they can, who would be stupid enough to turn away business?... ADM is out of play for most of us up in here, lots of us have their deals locked in in writing via emails. Sticker, Invoice, or $1000 below invoice. $2000 below invoice if you met the time frame from @Granger Ford, which would be a '22. Most of us up in here do not buy the bullshit some local dealer says, we know more than they do...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know... Your trolling might go better if your didn't show up calling yourself 'Moparguy', just sayin' is all.
Bwahahahaahah!!! Fiataguy, Peugeotaguyish would work as well, lol...

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know... Your trolling might go better if your didn't show up calling yourself 'Moparguy', just sayin' is all.
Pathetic!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting. Was not aware that dealers could refuse reservations. If they can, who would be stupid enough to turn away business?... ADM is out of play for most of us up in here, lots of us have their deals locked in in writing via emails. Sticker, Invoice, or $1000 below invoice. $2000 below invoice if you met the time frame from @Granger Ford, which would be a '22. Most of us up in here do not buy the bullshit some local dealer says, we know more than they do...
He didn't refuse me to switch, he just refused me switching and getting MY21 while bumping someone who reserved with a while back to MY22 due to the limited allocations, I am welcome to switch as long as I accept MY22 which is not an option for me.
I am still awaiting feedback from my dealer to see about this allocation thing.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
He didn't refuse me to switch, he just refused me switching and getting MY21 while bumping someone who reserved with a while back to MY22 due to the limited allocations, I am welcome to switch as long as I accept MY22 which is not an option for me.
I am still awaiting feedback from my dealer to see about this allocation thing.
Not aware that dealers have the power to do that. Pretty sure they don't unless they found a way to game the system, which of course, some will. Best advice is to stick with where you are, and spare the horse that he rode in on....

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm... Hard to tell if he can't take a joke and is trying to make a snappy comeback or if he can take a joke and is making a self-depreciating remark on the optics of his post.
MOPAR, when you need speed for cheap but don't care if it falls apart. :ROFLMAO:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not aware that dealers have the power to do that. Pretty sure they don't unless they found a way to game the system, which of course, some will. Best advice is to stick with where you are, and spare the horse that he rode in on....
@NayNay Was saying that her dealership was doing this... can't remember the exact details, but it was something to the effect that anyone who transfers in after a certain point would be placed behind those those who made an organic reservation with them (or transferred in earlier), irrespective of their reservation timestamp.

I thought it was interesting that they would be able to take that stand publicly and that they could work the system that way... but I didn't worry about ti any further since I don't have a reservation with them.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NayNay Was saying that her dealership was doing this... can't remember the exact details, but it was something to the effect that anyone who transfers in after a certain point would be placed behind those those who made an organic reservation with them (or transferred in earlier), irrespective of their reservation timestamp.

I thought it was interesting that they would be able to take that stand publicly and that they could work the system that way... but I didn't worry about ti any further since I don't have a reservation with them.
I did and it was in part to protect reservation holders and their place in line. I did not want to have to tell a lot of people they won't get theirs. I'm not selfish or greedy. I made that cut off to protect my group. Which if it was wrong I would've taken accountability for it. Now I can see i did the right thing. Greed doesn't help anyone. Ford has 190k reservations and can only do 70k, and I will do everything within my control to get each person theirs.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What stops a dealer from adding say a $5000 ADM for new switches? That could be one way to "game the system". Still waiting to see if dealers pop up with more allocations than converted reservations.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did and it was in part to protect reservation holders and their place in line. I did not want to have to tell a lot of people they won't get theirs. I'm not selfish or greedy. I made that cut off to protect my group. Which if it was wrong I would've taken accountability for it. Now I can see i did the right thing. Greed doesn't help anyone. Ford has 190k reservations and can only do 70k, and I will do everything within my control to get each person theirs.
So does this mean that dealers have final authority for determining the sequence of orders that they submit be built and delivered? I have seen text somewhere saying that Ford requests that dealers submit orders by time stamp order. Is that code for dealers to play with order submission sequencing or is my tin foil hat on too tight? Or do you just not submit a late transfers order?

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

So unfortunately the information I received was correct according to the replies here and elsewhere, while we were all thinking this is different with the whole reservation system, looks like not, they are doing the allocation game again. You can have day 1 reservation but if your dealers have few allocations then you are screwed.

I am sticking where I am that's for sure, but I am shocked because I thought it's based on your reservation number.
Sponsored