Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did and it was in part to protect reservation holders and their place in line. I did not want to have to tell a lot of people they won't get theirs. I'm not selfish or greedy. I made that cut off to protect my group. Which if it was wrong I would've taken accountability for it. Now I can see i did the right thing. Greed doesn't help anyone. Ford has 190k reservations and can only do 70k, and I will do everything within my control to get each person theirs.
This is not fair though, If someone has a day one reservation and their dealer screw them now with ADM no one will take their reservation for MY21 just like you and the dealer I wanted to work with, what's the benefit of having a reservation system in this case If getting your car will be based on your sequence on your dealer's list not your actual location in the queue.
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not fair though, If someone has a day one reservation and their dealer screw them now with ADM no one will take their reservation for MY21 just like you and the dealer I wanted to work with, what's the benefit of having a reservation system in this case If getting your car will be based on your sequence on your dealer's list not your actual location in the queue.
You being on the west coast you wouldn't have reserved with my tiny dealership either way. And we are going in order. So I'm not clear on your meaning.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know... Your trolling might go better if your didn't show up calling yourself 'Moparguy', just sayin' is all.
And knowing the difference between whose and who’s wouldn’t hurt either!!!

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer said at the moment I am just within the cutoff for 2021. I ordered 7/14.

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You being on the west coast you wouldn't have reserved with my tiny dealership either way. And we are going in order. So I'm not clear on your meaning.
I think the point is customers have been told repeatedly by Ford that orders will be processed in order of timestamp (yes allocation plays a roll across dealerships).

But what you appear to be suggesting is that its actually dealers who are in absolute control of when orders are submitted and can completely ignore reservation timestamp. Not saying YOU are doing this, but rather implying its totally possible for Dealer's to play favorites and submit an order from a "valued" customer that was reserved much later than some random person that reserved earlier.

Or in the case you described earlier, If you had a reservation holder and then an earlier reservation holder who wanted to transfer their reservation to your dealership. You are implying that you would let them transfer but tell them you would not submit their order until after the other older later reservation holder.

Either way this goes against what Ford has been telling buyers.

PS no intent to misrepresent what you or your dealership is doing.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did and it was in part to protect reservation holders and their place in line. I did not want to have to tell a lot of people they won't get theirs. I'm not selfish or greedy. I made that cut off to protect my group. Which if it was wrong I would've taken accountability for it. Now I can see i did the right thing. Greed doesn't help anyone. Ford has 190k reservations and can only do 70k, and I will do everything within my control to get each person theirs.
Can you explain how this is possible?

Dealers don't get to set reservation timestamps. My understanding is, the sequence of converting orders does not affect the actual build dates. So, if all the orders get put in enmasse and Ford lines up production basically, with the known caveats, in reservation order, where does your ability to affect that order slot in?

The only way I can see you stopping someone from cutting to the front of the line is if you were able to start refusing reservation holders that want to switch to your dealership.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the point is customers have been told repeatedly by Ford that orders will be processed in order of timestamp (yes allocation plays a roll across dealerships).

But what you appear to be suggesting is that its actually dealers who are in absolute control of when orders are submitted and can completely ignore reservation timestamp. Not saying YOU are doing this, but rather implying its totally possible for Dealer's to play favorites and submit an order from a "valued" customer that was reserved much later than some random person that reserved earlier.

Or in the case you described earlier, If you had a reservation holder and then an earlier reservation holder who wanted to transfer their reservation to your dealership. You are implying that you would let them transfer but tell them you would not submit their order until after the other older later reservation holder.

Either way this goes against what Ford has been telling buyers.

PS no intent to misrepresent what you or your dealership is doing.
This is what I understand.

If a dealer has 5000 orders then they should submit all 5000 orders and let Ford and their system determine who gets their Broncos when. It absolutely should not be up to the dealership. I'd even say that's penalty worthy behavior for a dealership to do that. There's no benefit for a dealership to do that either because it will backfire in their face and hurt them in the long run

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you explain how this is possible?

Dealers don't get to set reservation timestamps. My understanding is, the sequence of converting orders does not affect the actual build dates. So, if all the orders get put in enmasse and Ford lines up production basically, with the known caveats, in reservation order, where does your ability to affect that order slot in?

The only way I can see you stopping someone from cutting to the front of the line is if you were able to start refusing reservation holders that want to switch to your dealership.
Maybe I'm hearing wrong. But I think she's implying that she would hold submitting orders that she doesn't want to be delivered in fy21 in favor for their more favored customers.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I'm hearing wrong. But I think she's implying that she would hold submitting orders that she doesn't want to be delivered in fy21 in favor for their more favored customers.
We've been led to believe that even if we're looking at a MY22 for whatever reason, we HAVE to convert our order by March 19th to keep our reservation and place in line. Then there would be a second ordering process once MY22 options are finalized.

A dealer stating that they will refuse to convert you order within the ordering timeframe should be viewed as a breach of trust and reported to Ford.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've been led to believe that even if we're looking at a MY22 for whatever reason, we HAVE to convert our order by March 19th to keep our reservation and place in line. Then there would be a second ordering process once MY22 options are finalized.

A dealer stating that they will refuse to convert you order within the ordering timeframe should be viewed as a breach of trust and reported to Ford.
Exactly

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see it that way. I think what these dealers are trying to do is to protect the ones that put in their orders and picked their dealer early enough. If my dealer has 100 allocations and I am a day 3 order - and I am # 100 - how uncool would it be if the OP came in and decided to switch at the lat minute and knock me out of a Bronco.

How about this - if you are at a big discount small town dealer, and they have an allocation that you are not happy with and will not end up with a 21, then you switch to a real small town dealer with fewer allocations - but later in date - you could be knocking people out of line. An ethical process would be to prevent this from knocking people out of line, which is what these dealers are doing.

What Ford should have done is stuck to their word of you can only switch dealers up until Oct 31st.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see it that way. I think what these dealers are trying to do is to protect the ones that put in their orders and picked their dealer early enough. If my dealer has 100 allocations and I am a day 3 order - and I am # 100 - how uncool would it be if the OP came in and decided to switch at the lat minute and knock me out of a Bronco.

How about this - if you are at a big discount small town dealer, and they have an allocation that you are not happy with and will not end up with a 21, then you switch to a real small town dealer with fewer allocations - but later in date - you could be knocking people out of line. An ethical process would be to prevent this from knocking people out of line, which is what these dealers are doing.

What Ford should have done is stuck to their word of you can only switch dealers up until Oct 31st.
The ethical approach would have been for Ford to stick up for its customers who have been waiting for a FORD Bronco and not a Galpin Bronco and kept everyone in line regardless of where they chose delivery for MY21 at least.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

But it SHOULD knock people out of line, because you reserved EARLIER than them ??‍♂

With your example, person A who reserved 10/1 who is the first at their dealership should get their Bronco before person B who reserved 7/14 just because they were first at their dealership. I don't find THAT fair nor equitable in a reservation system. That makes the reservation system useless

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But it should knock people out of line, because you reserved earlier than them ??‍♂

With your example, person A who reserved 10/1 who is the first at their dealership should get their Bronco before person B who reserved 7/14 just because they were first at their dealership. I don't find THAT fair not equitable in a reservation system. That makes the reservation system useless
I see your point- but think of it like this - what if a Traner Ford (who has over 1k reserves, misspelled on purpose as this is only an example) tells everyone - we can only get to 300 of you this year. So everyone gets upset.
Then someone says, there is a dealer in Oklahoma that is so far out in the sticks that have only 10 reservations, so all of the sudden a handful of the 300 calls this dealer and switch. They would end up knocking out the early customers that the small dealer in OK had.
Sponsored