Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see your point- but think of it like this - what if a Traner Ford (who has over 1k reserves, misspelled on purpose as this is only an example) tells everyone - we can only get to 300 of you this year. So everyone gets upset.
Then someone says, there is a dealer in Oklahoma that is so far out in the sticks that have only 10 reservations, so all of the sudden a handful of the 300 calls this dealer and switch. They would end up knocking out the early customers that the small dealer in OK had.
I personally think thats too bad for those Oklahomans. Herein lies the problem with Ford having this hybrid dealer/direct-to-consumer system. They want to be Tesla but their hands are tied by having independent dealers

Creates a convoluted reservation and delivery system.

They have to stick to their guns though, which is to honor the reservation system. If you put too much power in the dealerships hands then the consumers are actually the ones getting hurt (maybe not those 10 Oklahomans, but it will erode the trust in what Ford says)
Sponsored

Sparky32

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 series conv, Ford F150, Maserati GranT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But it SHOULD knock people out of line, because you reserved EARLIER than them ??‍♂

With your example, person A who reserved 10/1 who is the first at their dealership should get their Bronco before person B who reserved 7/14 just because they were first at their dealership. I don't find THAT fair nor equitable in a reservation system. That makes the reservation system useless
Preach, I think this debate is silly. Dealers should not have anything to do with it and if you knock someone out, it happens. There is a reservation timestamp for a reason. Ford has announced from the beginning that it is used to determine who gets their Bronco when. Cut and Dry. if a dealer holds orders or denies someone then its plain wrong per Ford and Ford should punish. I think I may get bumped as i reserved on 7/20 and you know what, my damn fault for not reserving sooner. (even though it sucks and I want my Bronco now)

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your point- but think of it like this - what if a Traner Ford (who has over 1k reserves, misspelled on purpose as this is only an example) tells everyone - we can only get to 300 of you this year. So everyone gets upset.
Then someone says, there is a dealer in Oklahoma that is so far out in the sticks that have only 10 reservations, so all of the sudden a handful of the 300 calls this dealer and switch. They would end up knocking out the early customers that the small dealer in OK had.
I see your point but think of it like this. Ford ends the bullshit allocation and just delivers by timestamp (within reason for manufacture shipping etc). Everyone keeps there place in line, no customer get screwed and the only people annoyed are the asshole dealers who are trying to gouge you in the first place.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers only get so many allocations based on 3 factors. 1/4 based on their territory's local Wrangler and Tacoma registrations, 1/4 their dealership sales on certain vehicles and 1/2 based on the number of reservations they have.

So if you reserved at a dealer with low sales and low number of competing vehicles owned locally you will be at a relative disadvantage for getting a 21 MY Bronco. This dealer will also really need to get a ton of reservations to get more allocation, but at the same time they need to delay more people to make the others happy with 21 MY Broncos.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see it that way. I think what these dealers are trying to do is to protect the ones that put in their orders and picked their dealer early enough. If my dealer has 100 allocations and I am a day 3 order - and I am # 100 - how uncool would it be if the OP came in and decided to switch at the lat minute and knock me out of a Bronco.

How about this - if you are at a big discount small town dealer, and they have an allocation that you are not happy with and will not end up with a 21, then you switch to a real small town dealer with fewer allocations - but later in date - you could be knocking people out of line. An ethical process would be to prevent this from knocking people out of line, which is what these dealers are doing.

What Ford should have done is stuck to their word of you can only switch dealers up until Oct 31st.
Uh huh. Well, I think what you’re really trying to say is you have a problem with Ford’s system, welcome to the club. People shouldn’t be switching to random ass dealers to try and secure a 2021 Bronco if their order is early enough to score them a 2021 Bronco. Neither should people be penalized with early reservations for choosing certain dealers either. But this is the world we live in and it’s the stupid ass one Ford created. Also, yes anyone who switches should be ahead of anyone else. Your thought process is backwards, that’s like saying I make a reservation at a restaurant for 6 and you make one for 6:30 and I show up at 5:50 and you show up at 5:45 and you get pissed because you showed up first. Enjoy your 45 minute wait.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see it that way. I think what these dealers are trying to do is to protect the ones that put in their orders and picked their dealer early enough. If my dealer has 100 allocations and I am a day 3 order - and I am # 100 - how uncool would it be if the OP came in and decided to switch at the lat minute and knock me out of a Bronco.

How about this - if you are at a big discount small town dealer, and they have an allocation that you are not happy with and will not end up with a 21, then you switch to a real small town dealer with fewer allocations - but later in date - you could be knocking people out of line. An ethical process would be to prevent this from knocking people out of line, which is what these dealers are doing.

What Ford should have done is stuck to their word of you can only switch dealers up until Oct 31st.
It is crappy. It's a crappy system. Ford should build based on reservation date regardless of dealership reservation. The point I was making is that the only way I can see a dealer cutting around the situation is, either they contacted Ford to disable them from the reservation system, cutting off any res switcher as well as new reservations, or they're making a statement that they'll refuse to convert certain orders before March 19th.

The former is fine and a business decision the dealer has to make, along with the possible loss of sales. The latter is a serious end run around the system Ford has put in place and should be shouted to the sky until their reputation is in tatters.

And if there's a third option, I'd love for said dealer to chime to let us know.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer has 39 allocations for 152 reservations (26%).

My reservation is 3 hrs after the reveal, and I am #10 of 152. So 93rd percentile, and the cut-off to make the team is 74th percentile.

I was reminded that 2 dr, lux, 2.7 and sasquatch could come with delays. I am getting a 4 door, optioned with all other 3 of those items. Going to be interesting to see how real that is, and how much people are willing to bend. I would probably walk if i couldnt get more than 1 of those 3 things, if it meant a delay into 2022 CY. Especially since my lease extension is up in August.

Oh - and really happy I didnt do a group buy with 6G early reservations pooled up. I had a feeling this would happen.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@NayNay Was saying that her dealership was doing this... can't remember the exact details, but it was something to the effect that anyone who transfers in after a certain point would be placed behind those those who made an organic reservation with them (or transferred in earlier), irrespective of their reservation timestamp.

I thought it was interesting that they would be able to take that stand publicly and that they could work the system that way... but I didn't worry about ti any further since I don't have a reservation with them.
Now you know why Ford has to come up with things like allocations because there are lots of dealers out there who work the system. Ford has said since the beginning that your time stamp is the sequence. People start taking care of their buddies and it all falls apart.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just tried printing out my build to take to dealer with me next Wednesday and ford site acting crazy won’t let me print

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A call, followed up with an email. But half the reason I picked this dealer was because they seem really into the process and technical. I knew this would be a rocky road and put that as a prerequisite during my dealer selection.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did and it was in part to protect reservation holders and their place in line. I did not want to have to tell a lot of people they won't get theirs. I'm not selfish or greedy. I made that cut off to protect my group. Which if it was wrong I would've taken accountability for it. Now I can see i did the right thing. Greed doesn't help anyone. Ford has 190k reservations and can only do 70k, and I will do everything within my control to get each person theirs.
I think just now many of us are figuring out how the allocation works. I did switch and I am an early reservation, but it was not in an attempt to game the system. The small
Local dealer was awesome to my son and won our business. The big dealer won’t miss us? Hopefully I didn’t bump anyone who was in desperate need!

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said at the moment I am just within the cutoff for 2021. I ordered 7/14.
how big is your dealership? I'm a day one also my dealer isn't huge I cant see that many reservations being in front of me.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

me too man. As I said earlier, my dealer had NO CLUE last night when I text him and he's the sales manager. I have a good relationship with him so I dont think he's jerking me around I just think to them its another car...and he's clueless.
Sponsored