Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Gamecock is saying a lot of things, based upon zero evidence, that are completely contradictory to everything that Ford has communicated to this date. Yes, he is implying that dealers can do whatever they want and you are at their mercy, therefore your timestamp has not value or meaning. Seems this spreader of disinformation may be a troll.

@Apples fyi
You have spread misinformation, so I'd be careful of pointing fingers. His statements at least have a dealer saying something that is in line with what he has been saying.

Here is what NayNay has said about reservations converting to orders:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...g-it-for-my21-whose-on-my22.11062/post-403856
Sponsored

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke with my Dealer yesterday about this. I live in a small one Ford Dealer town,(Yes there are many in the city around 40 miles away.) There are 6 allocated to him. He said that it was based on when the order was placed to Ford. Also that he could prioritize who got one in what order. Exactly opposite what Ford has been telling us. So who knows??? He did tell me though I was his First reservation and made first appointment to convert so I would be getting a my21

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just walked in asked to see who was in charge of Broncos and 5 minutes later had my info 26 reservation 6 allocated 1st. In line 7/13 10pm reservation

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But it SHOULD knock people out of line, because you reserved EARLIER than them ??‍♂

With your example, person A who reserved 10/1 who is the first at their dealership should get their Bronco before person B who reserved 7/14 just because they were first at their dealership. I don't find THAT fair nor equitable in a reservation system. That makes the reservation system useless
You are correct that would not be fair, Ford allowed reservation changes because when their system went down on 7/13 it blocked certain dealers in the reservation process...I could not get my original choice of dealer to reserve at, for example. So Ford said you can change your reservation and you would not lose your place in line. I was originally 4th in line at the dealership of my 7/13 reservation with whatever my time stamp said. However, I could be #7600 across the USA upon the dealer submitting my order based upon that time stamp. As far as I know, this is how the process was supposed to work. You would keep your number in line nationally come order time.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spoke with my Dealer yesterday about this. I live in a small one Ford Dealer town,(Yes there are many in the city around 40 miles away.) There are 6 allocated to him. He said that it was based on when the order was placed to Ford. Also that he could prioritize who got one in what order. Exactly opposite what Ford has been telling us. So who knows??? He did tell me though I was his First reservation and made first appointment to convert so I would be getting a my21
I spoke with Stephens for 30 minutes yesterday where I have an order. They said when I get my Bronco is based upon my time stamp and the configuration of the Bronco I order. They confirmed what Ford has said all along, that time stamp, commodities and allocations determine when your vehicle is built. Now, the rumor mill says timestamp means nothing. Laughable.

When time estimates come out in May, we can take a survey of members that shows their timestamp and build date. I'll bet good money that the correlation is high.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can put the orders in in the order they want to put them in. Ford recommends timestamp order...the dealer makes the determination. It was on the video from Ford yesterday to dealers....according to a reliable source.
So Ford has been lying to us this entire time then? :mad:

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said the exact same thing to me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said the exact same thing to me.
Wouldn't surprise me if dealers are telling everyone this same information. I'd be wary of a dealer that is going against the Ford guidelines. If they are unscrupulous to do that I wouldn't put it past them to tell everyone "sure, we'll get your in priority #1"

Sponsored

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just read this thread and am more confused that before, lol.

Rather than starting yet another thread on the subject, I thought I would ask here. I would like some thoughts on this scenario. Day 1 order (~#8,000 in line based on the math here). My assigned dealer hasn't confirmed if they will honor/match X-Plan pricing, but let's assume they won't. However, other dealers in town will (with no additional fees). Looking to Order a BL/nonSAS/High/2.7 (maybe a 2.3).

With a strong desire to get a MY21 this Summer, what would you do in my situation? Switch or stay? I don't want to make a mistake that would push me to MY22.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without the dealership who would sell Ford?
I'd be completely fine with destroying the antiquated private dealership network and having OEM owned stores. Dealerships would just be showrooms for taking delivery, test drives and repair/warranty work. You could go online and order directly from Ford, Chevy, etc. what you want or pick from inventory and have it moved to the nearest location for pickup. Barring very rare exceptions, current dealerships add very little to no value to the car buying process.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Rather than starting yet another thread on the subject, I thought I would ask here. I would like some thoughts on this scenario. Day 1 order (~#8,000 in line based on the math here). My assigned dealer hasn't confirmed if they will honor/match X-Plan pricing, but let's assume they won't. However, other dealers in town will (with no additional fees). Looking to Order a BL/nonSAS/High/2.7 (maybe a 2.3).

With a strong desire to get a MY21 this Summer, what would you do in my situation? Switch or stay? I don't want to make a mistake that would push me to MY22.
A day one reservation puts you in the best shape you can be in, regardless where you go. If you're that super concerned, call your current dealer and ask where you sit in their allocation. According to the leaked dealer email last night they've been encouraged by Ford to share those details.

If I was in your shoes, had a day one reservation and a dealer close buy offering better than MSRP, I'd be jumping to them even if it meant waiting an extra month.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Well, he’s correct and you are wrong. Say what you want...it doesn’t make it right. The dealers were told they could do this yesterday. Ford recommends timestamp order for dealer priority of orders, but the dealer decides. You want proof then you’ll just have to wait. Or ask NayNay. Or another dealer. It was made clear.

FYI the math there is wrong, since there are much later reservations with lower reservation numbers etc. it doesn’t look like the reservation numbers were fully sequential.

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI the math there is wrong, since there are much later reservations with lower reservation numbers etc. it doesn’t look like the reservation numbers were fully sequential.
I wasn't banking on that number, just providing context for my question.
Sponsored