Sponsored

Dealers Allocations? whose making it for MY21? whose on MY22?

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A day one reservation puts you in the best shape you can be in, regardless where you go. If you're that super concerned, call your current dealer and ask where you sit in their allocation. According to the leaked dealer email last night they've been encouraged by Ford to share those details.

If I was in your shoes, had a day one reservation and a dealer close buy offering better than MSRP, I'd be jumping to them even if it meant waiting an extra month.
Thanks. My assigned dealer confirmed they would be marking up over MSRP (but they weren't sure by how much)! Didn't waste any time and called the new dealer and Ford marketing to switch.
Sponsored

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
as a dealer we need to convert reservations to orders, the higher percentage we convert the more allocations we will get. we cannot play games either, if we dont match names of sales to reservations we can and will lose a months allocation. just sayin, as a dealer we dont have much say, and we definitely dont have any if much control.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer just told me they have over 200 allocations for MY21
Follow up. He now says I am in the first 50 reservation made at my dealership.

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer does not control that. You are literally just a number stamp to them.

I was refused to switch unless I accept MY22 delivery, another dealer here had the same response for my case, they controlled that.

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They can put the orders in in the order they want to put them in. Ford recommends timestamp order...the dealer makes the determination. It was on the video from Ford yesterday to dealers....according to a reliable source.
But when the order gets entered, as long as it is entered by March 19th, has no bearing on when the vehicle will be built and delivered.
Ok, I’ll be more clear. The dealer can have a vehicle with a newer timestamp scheduled to be built before a vehicle with an older one. They control that now.

Only the time will tell what happens, there are a lot of active people here with reservations at the same dealers, once delivery posts start showing up on the forum the truth will appear unless something leaks earlier, an example can be Person A with a 7/20 reservation at dealer X receiving the exact specs car before Person B with 7/15 reservation who ordered at the same dealer.

Without using any digital system a dealer may manipulate the allocations using ADM, If you have 50 allocations and 150 reservations, the 1st 50 who agree to pay that $5000-$15000 ADM will get those allocations. It depends on the area, I am in SoCal, people are still paying $15K over MSRP for C8 Corvettes, my friend just sold his C8 to Carmax $11k over MSRP, the car had 800 miles.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Only the time will tell what happens, there are a lot of active people here with reservations at the same dealers, once delivery posts start showing up on the forum the truth will appear unless something leaks earlier, an example can be Person A with a 7/20 reservation at dealer X receiving the exact specs car before Person B with 7/15 reservation who ordered at the same dealer.

Without using any digital system a dealer may manipulate the allocations using ADM, If you have 50 allocations and 150 reservations, the 1st 50 who agree to pay that $5000-$15000 ADM will get those allocations. It depends on the area, I am in SoCal, people are still paying $15K over MSRP for C8 Corvettes, my friend just sold his C8 to Carmax $11k over MSRP, the car had 800 miles.
Yeah, I'm pretty disillusioned right now. I've been able to look at every other decision Ford has made and see the business justification for it. Ford allowing dealerships to ignore the reservation system they created makes them complicit in their dealerships screwing their customers.

Luckily, I'm with Granger and won't have to worry about it, but that doesn't change just how much my enthusiasm for this launch and Ford has evaporated.

The dealership model needs to die.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer says they have 196 reservations, but didn't know at the time I called where they all lie or what they're allocation is...One can only hope for me to be in the first 60 reservations (7/25) but I might not.

It's the not knowing that gets you

OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A

Again, they can put orders into the system however they want. But Ford has said, all orders placed as of March 19th will be prioritized and scheduled based on reservation, dealer allocation and commodities availability. The dealer has no way to affect those variables.
After more info in the last couple of days, looks like they can affect the variables, there is a priority system and the dealer can prioritize orders plus looks like dealers can affect variables more than you thought, the latest was converting orders without the reservation holder's approval/knowledge or consent.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After more info in the last couple of days, looks like they can affect the variables, there is a priority system and the dealer can prioritize orders plus looks like dealers can affect variables more than you thought, the latest was converting orders without the reservation holder's approval/knowledge or consent.
Thanks. We've all got that at this point. I was wrong. Ford is a shitty company and apparently its dealers dictate terms over the integrity of its own word.

You can stop quoting me now.

6gmilch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Grand Cherokee CRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Said by my dealer during my ordering appointment today, they had 80 reservations, 10 dropped out so far and 30 allocations. We were told we would make it in for a 2021, but it will be a later build because we ordered the squatch pkg.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I'm pretty disillusioned right now. I've been able to look at every other decision Ford has made and see the business justification for it. Ford allowing dealerships to ignore the reservation system they created makes them complicit in their dealerships screwing their customers.

Luckily, I'm with Granger and won't have to worry about it, but that doesn't change just how much my enthusiasm for this launch and Ford has evaporated.

The dealership model needs to die.
I’m in complete agreement. This big mistake on Fords part.
Sponsored