Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Allocation - commodities - timestamp

Step #1 of a scheduling wave is to give each dealership their allocation for that wave, taken from their total MY21 allocation. Then it goes through their builds and finds whats buildable. Timestamp plays absolutely no factor as a whole, only within orders at your dealership, and then they only really matter against like builds because the system will first decide "Im looking for a big bend right now".
You said what I said (sorry if my long post wasn't clear) in a more succinct way

Time stamps only matter at your dealership. And even then the commodities take over
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford looks at orders submitted before 3/19, then goes down the line according to reservation stamp AT THAT DEALERSHIP (but If you have deadly sins then you're skipped), then previews the vehicles that they have parts for... then builds Broncos FOR THAT DEALERSHIP until they've hit their allocated number. Repeat process monthly, knocking out dealerships that hit their allocated number for the 2021 year
Did you mean to say that you are skipped once they run out of that particular commodity? There are some deadlies that are scheduled. I'm sure that's what you meant, right? ;)

Ctown Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This whole process has been very frustrating to say it nicely.

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).
Agreed! I just said F' it and bought a Rubicon for the summer. I don't know why Ford even offered something they can't build. I expected a little more a personal touch than a blanket email saying yada, yada, we can't tell you anything about when you'll recieve your Wildtrack order. Total BS.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It goes like this

Ford looks at orders submitted before 3/19, then goes down the line according to reservation stamp AT THAT DEALERSHIP (but If you have deadly sins then you're skipped), then previews the vehicles that they have parts for... then builds Broncos FOR THAT DEALERSHIP until they've hit their allocated number. Repeat process monthly, knocking out dealerships that hit their allocated number for the 2021 year

So it's order date, reservation time, commodities, allocation.

That's the order they look at but not the priority. It's the parts availability that determines who in that pocket of people (ordered before 3/19, + earlier reservation time stamp the better) that determines who gets built

I'm sure I'm missing some critical detail or factor. But this is how it's all made sense to me
I don't know but I can imagine that First Editions come into play somehow... Even though they may hit the allocated number before FE's are built, FE's (according to Ford), have to be built in 2021.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).
I do agree. Very frustrating.

However, the entire GLOBE, not just America, is facing supply issues. Hell, my kid is on a swim team and Speedo is having difficulty producing enough suits for the summer season. So it's not just Ford that has to deal with this. They're not trying to piss people off. In fact, they're trying to do their best to get as many Broncos out the door as they can.

Yes. It sucks. And yes, I want my Bronco sooner than someone who reserved after me. But it is what it is. It's not like Ford is picking on you specifically.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are getting cut Ford has not communicated that to us. Chatter is they intend to fill allocations by building retail orders they have the parts to do so. If they can't, we might have the option to put in "stock" orders to fill the remaining balance. These will most likely be 4 door, soft top, lower optioned vehicles they have an abundance of readily available parts to produce. I get both sides of this and why people would be po'd but it boils down to keeping all production spots filled and working within the confines of limited part availability.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in the construction industry and everything is in short supply, extra long lead-times. Metal studs, drywall, acoustical ceiling tile are all affected and don't even mention lumber. When you call for pricing if you don't place the order same day the price goes up the next day. Just hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery of my Base, 2dr.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you mean to say that you are skipped once they run out of that particular commodity? There are some deadlies that are scheduled. I'm sure that's what you meant, right? ;)
That's the part in their formula I don't completely understand. I believe they have the parts on hand, but just have small amounts of them. Maybe there's something else having then skip people who they have parts for

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocation - commodities - timestamp

Step #1 of a scheduling wave is to give each dealership their allocation for that wave, taken from their total MY21 allocation. Then it goes through their builds and finds whats buildable. Timestamp plays absolutely no factor as a whole, only within orders at your dealership, and then they only really matter against like builds because the system will first decide "Im looking for a big bend right now".
This for sure. If you have a 7/13 order, but your dealership has a lot of late orders or low-option orders to choose from, you are the designated whipping boy. That is because Ford has to reserve the rare parts for dealers where there aren't as many low-option builds available to select. They must ensure that each dealer gets their designated allocation for each period at the expense of timestamp.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You forgot that they also gave some Dealers a few "priority builds" for special customers....something else that we did not know about going into this. I like Ford and I love our Ford vehicles....but this is trying on the emotions. Almost a year since we reserved and no real timeline when we...I may get my Bronco. For how long do we wait??? That is the question. I am looking at Jeep's and Defenders.....I really want the Bronco and already have accessories and swag purchased. But...I will only wait so long.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do agree. Very frustrating.

However, the entire GLOBE, not just America, is facing supply issues. Hell, my kid is on a swim team and Speedo is having difficulty producing enough suits for the summer season. So it's not just Ford that has to deal with this. They're not trying to piss people off. In fact, they're trying to do their best to get as many Broncos out the door as they can.

Yes. It sucks. And yes, I want my Bronco sooner than someone who reserved after me. But it is what it is. It's not like Ford is picking on you specifically.
While I agree with what you are saying as far as Companies/production effected globally....Bronco Sports seem to be appearing everywhere now, I see brand new models of vehicles from other Manufacturers on their lots being advertised. FORD needs to learn something here. They must do more inhouse production of parts, have more parts on hand and hopefully they have taken over the Webasto tops production....they need to get shifts operating 24/7 in an attempt to get "caught up". They are losing millions of $$$ and hurting customer loyalty.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately in this day and age ... everyone is use to instant gratification and its ALL about me me me.

We are doomed!

I'm in the construction industry and everything is in short supply, extra long lead-times. Metal studs, drywall, acoustical ceiling tile are all affected and don't even mention lumber. When you call for pricing if you don't place the order same day the price goes up the next day. Just hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery of my Base, 2dr.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If they are getting cut Ford has not communicated that to us. Chatter is they intend to fill allocations by building retail orders they have the parts to do so. If they can't, we might have the option to put in "stock" orders to fill the remaining balance. These will most likely be 4 door, soft top, lower optioned vehicles they have an abundance of readily available parts to produce. I get both sides of this and why people would be po'd but it boils down to keeping all production spots filled and working within the confines of limited part availability.
Reading between the lines here, is this slightly implying that the 80% name matching would potentially get thrown out the window, too?

Because that's when it'll hit active revolt status.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. If someone's build lines up with what ford can produce they can get their bronco earlier than an early reservation holder with constraint parts. Ford will not wait for parts to be available for certain builds when they can get other builds out faster. Sucks but that's what is going to happen
This^^^^ And I can't really blame Ford. The company can't sit back, and lose money because Webasto can't get their act together. Don't like it, but I do understand it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford's gotta do what Ford's gotta do. There's people at the top of the food chain that will not settle for declining profits when there is another way to keep the money flowing. I know there isn't a thing I can do about it either. So I'm not going to lose any sleep, but I do have a cut off for my wait time. It's way out there, but if Ford misses that deadline, I'm going to move on.
Sponsored