Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the current production issues, a QUESTION FOR DEALERS (or those in the know)....is your first round of ALLOCATIONS being reduced? Or does FORD believe they will still be able to produce and deliver your first allocation numbers? Thank you for any insight.

BroncoZ.jpg
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While I don't work at a dealership, I did ask the GM of my dealership this very question last week and the response I got was that they have not received any formal notice that allocation's wont be fulfilled in full.

How they utilize those is up to some debate considering the cherry picking they can do for the 1-2 special orders, and what not. But he did fully expect to sell all 65 Broncos they were allocated in 2021.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I imagine the allocations will stay the same. My concern is how they fill the allocation. I’m # 4 out of 40. Will Ford start taking builds that were originally in the allocation and replacing them with people who had soft tops that were outside.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I imagine the allocations will stay the same. My concern is how they fill the allocation. I’m # 4 out of 40. Will Ford start taking builds that were originally in the allocation and replacing them with people who had soft tops that were outside.
Yep. If someone's build lines up with what ford can produce they can get their bronco earlier than an early reservation holder with constraint parts. Ford will not wait for parts to be available for certain builds when they can get other builds out faster. Sucks but that's what is going to happen

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep. If someone's build lines up with what ford can produce they can get their bronco earlier than an early reservation holder with constraint parts. Ford will not wait for parts to be available for certain builds when they can get other builds out faster. Sucks but that's what is going to happen
Absolutely Agree. I was originally #54 out of #50 at my dealership. Several canceled, and I got to #50. Res 7/15 am; order 1/23. Received 6/7 build, then pushed to 6/21. BB build with soft-top got me there.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely Agree. I was originally #54 out of #50 at my dealership. Several canceled, and I got to #50. Res 7/15 am; order 1/23. Received 6/7 build, then pushed to 6/21. BB build with soft-top got me there.
I switched to soft top and got a build date a week later. Only difference is I am not a hard top fanboy 😂 and actually like both tops so I am happy with either

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That has already started. Very late soft top orders moved to front of line. If your dealer runs out of soft top orders that can be pulled ahead of you, then there may be dealer stock orders ahead of you as well. Either way, a lot of people that thought they were getting a 2021 are not anymore.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This whole process has been very frustrating to say it nicely.

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).

Sponsored

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).
Why wouldn't build specs factor into it? If Ford can't get a part for an early timestamp, their hands are tied. What do you expect them to do?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It goes like this

Ford looks at orders submitted before 3/19, then goes down the line according to reservation stamp AT THAT DEALERSHIP (but If you have deadly sins then you're skipped), then previews the vehicles that they have parts for... then builds Broncos FOR THAT DEALERSHIP until they've hit their allocated number. Repeat process monthly, knocking out dealerships that hit their allocated number for the 2021 year

So it's order date, reservation time, commodities, allocation.

That's the order they look at but not the priority. It's the parts availability that determines who in that pocket of people (ordered before 3/19, + earlier reservation time stamp the better) that determines who gets built

I'm sure I'm missing some critical detail or factor. But this is how it's all made sense to me

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It goes like this

Ford looks at orders submitted before 3/19, then goes down the line according to reservation stamp AT THAT DEALERSHIP (but If you have deadly sins then you're skipped), then previews the vehicles that they have parts for... then builds Broncos FOR THAT DEALERSHIP until they've hit their allocated number. Repeat process monthly, knocking out dealerships that hit their allocated number for the 2021 year

That's the order they look at but not the priority. It's the parts availability that determines who in that pocket of people (ordered before 3/19, + earlier reservation time stamp the better) that determines who gets built

I'm sure I'm missing some critical detail or factor. But this is how it's all made sense to me
As a personal example
I ordered before 3/19, so I'm at least being considered in scheduling right now

I reserved 7/15 so I'm a little bit behind my dealers order placement and likely out of allocation if parts weren't an issue.

I changed from MIC to soft top, so that should be bumping me up a few notches. However I have lux, sas and 2.7 which means I'm not bumped up TOO much.

I made this change Tuesday of last week. We will see if it nets me an August build/October delivery as intended. If it doesn't, oh well... I tried

It's all a game. But there seems to be some logic to it if you squint your eyes and tilt your head 175 degrees

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It goes like this

Allocation - commodities - timestamp

Step #1 of a scheduling wave is to give each dealership their allocation for that wave, taken from their total MY21 allocation. Then it goes through their builds and finds whats buildable. Timestamp plays absolutely no factor as a whole, only within orders at your dealership, and then they only really matter against like builds because the system will first decide "Im looking for a big bend right now".
Sponsored