Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not mentioned on this thread is that a lot of reservations chose to wait until 2022 for a white top and a green color option.
My expectations for Webasto to be any better at making a white piece of plastic than a blackish one are very low.
Sponsored

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My expectations for Webasto to be any better at making a white piece of plastic than a blackish one are very low.
This is my thought too. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't offer the white hard top option until 23 MY. The less customizable options the more streamlined and faster the process will be. Until Webasto gets their crap together, Ford will need to hold their hand through the most basic of operations.

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole process has been very frustrating to say it nicely.

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).
I agree and on top of it all, Ford is offering a $1000.00 rebate incentive to all other delayed vehicles with the exception of the Mach-E and Bronco. Although I am going to hold and wait, it would be nice to see some sunshine thrown our way!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading between the lines here, is this slightly implying that the 80% name matching would potentially get thrown out the window, too?

Because that's when it'll hit active revolt status.
They would have to modify the program. I can't get dinged because people want what they want and Ford can't build it. The folks that will have a fit are the ones with low trim levels that have no evil options and don't make the '21 build cut for one reason or another then see a similar build sitting on a lot for sale or in the neighbors driveway a few months later. Nothing has come down from the crystal palace to us dealer serfs so all of this is speculation. Ford isn't going to put "stock" Broncos on dealer lots that could've been built for a retail customer.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford isn't going to put "stock" Broncos on dealer lots that could've been built for a retail customer.
But isn't that exactly what Ford has said they will do to keep the production lines running at capacity?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But isn't that exactly what Ford has said they will do to keep the production lines running at capacity?
Yes and no. If all of the buildable retail orders are in, commodities maxed out, they would likely use these as filler units. I have no idea if they are stockpiling SAS kits, interiors etc with the intent on building all retails first then filling in with excess allocation or if some of the bottleneck is from their suppliers. If that would be the case, build what retail orders you can then fill the gaps with "stock" until ample quantities of the constrained stuff shows up in sufficient amounts to continue building retails. Speculation, again.

They don't give us the recipe on how this all happens but I would guess it's an extremely complicated dance with tons of moving parts.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt there will be ever a white MIC top, I think that'll be reserved for the mod top that gets painted - shadow black for now, but there's no reason to not offer it in any color, white or color matched. There will never be multiple color MIC tops I think. Plus with the texture of the plastic, a white top would be a PITA to keep nice and white.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will Ford start taking builds that were originally in the allocation and replacing them with people who had soft tops that were outside.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it almost certainly seems that dealer allocations will be filled based on what FORD can deliver. The question is can they fill the dealer allocations based on orders and not vehicle availability.

I'm curious if dealers will receive allocation that is not matched up to orders.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
This whole process has been very frustrating to say it nicely.

1st is was all about your reservation timestamp. The that was stepped over and it was about your dealer allocation. And now even that has been overruled by you build specs.

In just a few months, people that were in the front of the line have found themselves near the back of the line, being undercut by folks with later reservations, and cheaper builds.

If Ford's goal was to piss of potential Ford consumers and drive up competitor sales, they are succeeding (at least at something).
They can't build what they don't have. I don't know what is hard to understand about it. Ford isn't going to sit there and not build Broncos because of an early timestamp doesn't have the parts needed to complete it. The amount of people who cannot roll with the punches on this forum blow my mind.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will Ford start taking builds that were originally in the allocation and replacing them with people who had soft tops that were outside.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it almost certainly seems that dealer allocations will be filled based on what FORD can deliver. The question is can they fill the dealer allocations based on orders and not vehicle availability.

I'm curious if dealers will receive allocation that is not matched up to orders.
They will build all the retail orders they have the limited availability parts for. Since each dealers orders are different than the next it will be a matter of how to even spread those limited availability builds over the entire dealer body, then by time. If no one is willing to budge off of a MIC, Lux, Mod top, tow, SAS they've basically resigned themselves to '22. Ford will go down the list and pass over them as well as any 99 priority builds and try to find something buildable even if it's way down the list until the dealer allocation is filled or they run out of parts. Rinse and repeat. If you don't have a VIN already and want a MIC, 2 door and don't have any other sins, you might be a very late '21 depending on the top situation.

I want to make it clear, the dealer "stock" discussion is all speculation. Do not carry it around the internet like it's anything more than it is.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I'm very aware of how it works. I didn't say I don't get it, I said it was frustrating. Let's see how you feel when there are a shit ton of Soft top Broncos sitting on the lots as dealer stock because Ford can only build what they can.

My point being that Ford has opportunity to do right by it's reservation holders. Give us soft top options WITH HOOKUPS... Give 2 door folks, or WT folks a soft top option. Hell, even force us to buy the dual top option if we get the hookups and soft now and the Mic later.

Now add a little salt that Ford said they would tell each of us specifically what about our order was the holdup and allow us to decide for ourselves... That didn't happen either.

So yeah, there our circumstances beyond Ford's control.... But that doesn't mean I'm okay with ford just saying "good luck".
Sponsored