Sponsored

Dealers- how many orders/ reservations didn't convert by Nov 21st?

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My midsize dealer in Ohio had 60 orders drop off with 79 remaining for 2023. Even if they’re allocated 15-20 a month it’ll take til late spring/early summer to get the rest of us scheduled. I’m one of their older orders at this point (Oct. 2021) but still amazing that Ford is this slow to trim their backlog.
It could be interesting to see what the next few batches of scheduling look like. Do the remaining old timers get scheduled (excluding grossly under-allocated dealers) and Ford starts to make a dent in the 1 year+ high-constraint order holders? Or does Ford continue to be the biggest car company to continue struggling with supply chain and production?
Sponsored

Last edited:

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do commend Ford for finally starting to take some of the right steps, although this is what they should have done a year ago. The following may be a bit controversial here, but now that Ford should know what converted orders they now have, they should ditch allocations until such time as new orders open: They should produce the earliest reservation and orders first, to the extent they can--such as the #1 priority vehicle is a Wildtrack. They don't have the parts to build in next production week (X), but forecast for the next week (X+1), it gets built that next week, regardless of dealer allocation. The oft repeated "first reserved, first produced", as matrixed against available components.

Again, my two cents. I am also convinced that if the sales guy that was assigned to me did his job and didn't botch my 10/22 order (e.g., completed my online order with Ford, despite my frequent follow-ups with him), I would have my Bronco or at least it scheduled by now--will till that windmill once I have the keys in my grimy hands.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had 2 reservations but only converted one. I still see the non converted reservation when I logged into my Ford account today.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had 2 reservations but only converted one. I still see the non converted reservation when I logged into my Ford account today.
My Ford account still shows my (screwed up) 2022 order and not the converted '23. I called Ford (Marketing line) and they confirmed by 2023 order is in and fine but just shrugged on fixing my Ford account page. Figured no use in pushing the rock up the mountain, again.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Ford account still shows my (screwed up) 2022 order and not the converted '23. I called Ford (Marketing line) and they confirmed by 2023 order is in and fine but just shrugged on fixing my Ford account page. Figured no use in pushing the rock up the mountain, again.
My first order webpage just disappeared/ broken link one day with no explanation or resolution from Ford... got one again when I converted over to '23. Ford doesn't do the interwebs very well.

Sponsored

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My first order webpage just disappeared/ broken link one day with no explanation or resolution from Ford... got one again when I converted over to '23. Ford doesn't do the interwebs very well.
Based on my trip down the rabbit hole, they don't do IT in general very well--was told WEBDO was not very modern.

TexasToasted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had two orders for the 22 bronco because they refused to cancel the first one when we asked for a trim change. I converted one to the 23 bronco, but recently got a second order confirmation that I did not place so I'm assuming the dealership converted that second order to flip it.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My midsize dealer in Ohio had 60 orders drop off with 79 remaining for 2023. Even if they’re allocated 15-20 a month it’ll take til late spring/early summer to get the rest of us scheduled. I’m one of their older orders at this point (Oct. 2021) but still amazing that Ford is this slow to trim their backlog.
Hang in there I am a May 2021 and just got scheduled last week for 1/16/23 build.

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer sent out a Bronco Update message to all '23 order holders today.
It included this: " In the end though, over a third of our reservations did not submit a new order before the deadline."
No info on the actual number of orders, just the % of orders that were canceled.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger's numbers:

531 Orders Placed
224 Orders in "99" status that will fall off
117 Unconverted reservations

So 341 total out
Was this a new stat that I missed? Did Zach post an updated sheet from two weeks or so ago?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For us it was 4 out of 49, have 6 built or VINs assigned that are not part of that total. The frustrating part about the people that didn't convert was their lack of communication. We called and emailed but only one said to cancel, the rest just ghosted us. I'd think courtesy would dictate at least an email back saying they were no longer interested. Don't care about the reason, just want to have it on record and save their sales person from wasting a time. Everyone had fair warning so it's not our problem anymore.

For those of you wondering, WBDO is still showing those orders as 99, at least for us. No idea if Ford is going to lock them at some point or completely drop them from the system but we're going to let them do it unless told otherwise.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For us it was 4 out of 49, have 6 built or VINs assigned that are not part of that total. The frustrating part about the people that didn't convert was their lack of communication. We called and emailed but only one said to cancel, the rest just ghosted us. I'd think courtesy would dictate at least an email back saying they were no longer interested. Don't care about the reason, just want to have it on record and save their sales person from wasting a time. Everyone had fair warning so it's not our problem anymore.

For those of you wondering, WBDO is still showing those orders as 99, at least for us. No idea if Ford is going to lock them at some point or completely drop them from the system but we're going to let them do it unless told otherwise.
@flip- Thanks. How many outstanding orders do you guys have in total and what have you been getting from an allocation standpoint? Trying to gauge how Ford is moving through the backlog.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip- Thanks. How many outstanding orders do you guys have in total and what have you been getting from an allocation standpoint? Trying to gauge how Ford is moving through the backlog.
49. Have not been given an official allocation number but think we'll get about half of what's outstanding. With that, the majority of our carryovers are 2D and stuff with higher trim levels so if Ford continues having commodity issues, that estimate would mean nothing. If it stands, we'd be getting two builds allocated per month through '23. I really don't want to take any more orders until the 30 oldest are built or scheduled even when the order bank opens back up.