First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two dealers who I talked to in RI and Mass haven't install a Ford Tune yet and I really don't want my Bronco to be the one they learn on. Has anyone used a dealer in New England who has experience with the Ford Performance tune?
Sponsored

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gervais Ford in Ayer MA did my install and everything worked out great. They alllowed me to create my own Ford Performance account and then attached the unit to it and did the download install for me....

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the heads up on Ayer Ford. What did they charge you for the upgrade?

Thanks Paul

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought both the ProCal and the install from them and the whole thing was a little over $1K. I guess to keep the warrantee I didn't really question the labor seeing it probably takes less than an hr!!!

Soundwave

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I work at Marcotte Ford in Holyoke. We've done one 2.3 tune that I know of.

Sponsored

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2DR, '22 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone else do this recently? Anything in Eastern MA? Anybody DIY the install (I know, warranty..)?

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work at Marcotte Ford in Holyoke. We've done one 2.3 tune that I know of.
Would you know who to speak with at Marcotte Ford about having the 2.3 tune done?

Thanks, Paul

Soundwave

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would you know who to speak with at Marcotte Ford about having the 2.3 tune done?

Thanks, Paul
You can speak to any service advisor. All they ask is you don't attempt it first and then bring it to us half done to figure out. I believe we can get you everything through our parts department.

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can speak to any service advisor. All they ask is you don't attempt it first and then bring it to us half done to figure out. I believe we can get you everything through our parts department.
Thanks, Paul

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gervais Ford in Ayer MA did my install and everything worked out great. They alllowed me to create my own Ford Performance account and then attached the unit to it and did the download install for me....
was it a 2.3L tune? i live about 30mins and been thinking about getting the tune for some extra ponies

Sponsored

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
was it a 2.3L tune? i live about 30mins and been thinking about getting the tune for some extra ponies
It was the 2.7L tune...process should be the same I imagine but can't comment on the post
results for the 2.3L.....but for the 2.7L the best part was the transmission change on shifting...much smoother now...

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm taking my Bronco into Marcottte Ford on Tuesday to have the Ford Performance Tune installed on my 2.3. I'll let people know how it goes.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm taking my Bronco into Marcottte Ford on Tuesday to have the Ford Performance Tune installed on my 2.3. I'll let people know how it goes.
how did it go?

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dropped the bronco off at the dealer yesterday morning at 8:30am. It was my intention to wait a couple of hours at the dealer and drive home as I live approx 2 hours from the dealer. By 10:30 or so the service advisor told me that the tech was having problems with the Voucher number being valid and asked if I had used the number before. I explained that the first time the ProCal was opened was that morning. The dealer had reached out to Ford Performance and was waiting to hear back from them to resolve the invalid Voucher number.

As I had another commitment at home later that afternoon, around 1:30 I decided to rent a car from the dealer and leave the Bronco at the dealer until today. This morning I got a call from the Service advisor that they had spoken with Ford Performance and had gotten the problem with the Voucher number resolved. At approx 1:00 the advisor contacted me to inform me the Bronco was all set, so I headed back to the dealer and picked up the Bronco.

I have to say the service Advisor at Marcotte was great and was communicative. Also he charged me the price that was originally quoted even thought they spent much more time on it than estimated.

BTW, The tune is well worth the effort. Boost seems to come out sooner and pulls much harder.

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dropped the bronco off at the dealer yesterday morning at 8:30am. It was my intention to wait a couple of hours at the dealer and drive home as I live approx 2 hours from the dealer. By 10:30 or so the service advisor told me that the tech was having problems with the Voucher number being valid and asked if I had used the number before. I explained that the first time the ProCal was opened was that morning. The dealer had reached out to Ford Performance and was waiting to hear back from them to resolve the invalid Voucher number.

As I had another commitment at home later that afternoon, around 1:30 I decided to rent a car from the dealer and leave the Bronco at the dealer until today. This morning I got a call from the Service advisor that they had spoken with Ford Performance and had gotten the problem with the Voucher number resolved. At approx 1:00 the advisor contacted me to inform me the Bronco was all set, so I headed back to the dealer and picked up the Bronco.

I have to say the service Advisor at Marcotte was great and was communicative. Also he charged me the price that was originally quoted even thought they spent much more time on it than estimated.

BTW, The tune is well worth the effort. Boost seems to come out sooner and pulls much harder.
How much was the cost? I was told around $1025 …
… and same problem w code…. Last Friday , I drove to Middleton motorsports ford , a dealer 2 hours away , they had same issue w invalid code, couldn’t get it handled that day , so without a tune , I drove back home another 2 hours .. they haven’t called me back……. I wanted to get it done closer w local dealer , but they have yet to call back saying they would do it … …looking for a dealership to do it near SE WI…. …
Sponsored