tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all, are any of you getting any pricing now that B&P is out? Other than granger and stephens I am not see much. I asked the place that currently has my reservation and got the following:

“I understand that you want to know more about the price. As I have stated my manager is planning on making that decision when we know how we're getting paid by ford as there is no release about how much we will actually own the vehicles for. I know he has said that he wants to hold at msrp, but I want to make sure that I'm making a right statement about that”

how can they not know and basically I think he is saying if we are involved we want mark up? I want to help the local guys but they are making this impossible.

Looks like I’ll be moving to granger soon. I know what I want and am ready to order ASAP.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all, are any of you getting any pricing now that B&P is out? Other than granger and stephens I am not see much. I asked the place that currently has my reservation and got the following:

“I understand that you want to know more about the price. As I have stated my manager is planning on making that decision when we know how we're getting paid by ford as there is no release about how much we will actually own the vehicles for. I know he has said that he wants to hold at msrp, but I want to make sure that I'm making a right statement about that”

how can they not know and basically I think he is saying if we are involved we want mark up? I want to help the local guys but they are making this impossible.

Looks like I’ll be moving to granger soon. I know what I want and am ready to order ASAP.
My guess is, it seems as though dealers haven't seen invoice pricing yet.

We saw that leak before the reveal, assuming that information is correct, but who really knows. I've only heard rumblings that supposedly dealers are waiting on final pricing info. So it could be that's what they are waiting on. But I'm not a dealer, so it's only my guess.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even if they don't know the pricing (which I'm fairly certain they do) has there ever been a time where selling at the manufacturers MSRP meant that a dealer wouldn't make any money? I'm not in the business but I certainly can't imagine that being the case.

These Broncos will be some of the easiest sales these guys could make.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a close friend that works at a Ford dealership. He confirmed that the dealers have very little information at this point which is why nearly all of them have been very quiet with their customers regarding prices. BTW, I do have an October reservation with Granger of that means anything.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers are still in the dark, we have no pricing that you haven't seen, so most dealers won't do "locked in" pricing. This will come before conversion. Once we get that look for dealers to set prices.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
From working at a dealership I believe that wholeheartedly. The build and price just went online and it's still going through changes it seems. Why would you expect them to take time to try to learn something that is months out that won't even be locked in or true yet?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds more like they don’t want to commit to anything that could change. They know what we know, but they don’t want to get caught with their pants down. Look at all the stuff Ford has changed so far, would you commit to their pricing right now? I wouldn’t.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if they don't know the pricing (which I'm fairly certain they do) has there ever been a time where selling at the manufacturers MSRP meant that a dealer wouldn't make any money? I'm not in the business but I certainly can't imagine that being the case.

These Broncos will be some of the easiest sales these guys could make.
A dealer selling at MSRP is making money. Look at the cost difference on invoice pricing vs msrp.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From working at a dealership I believe that wholeheartedly. The build and price just went online and it's still going through changes it seems. Why would you expect them to take time to try to learn something that is months out that won't even be locked in or true yet?
I agree. Most of the people working there are trying to feed their families this month and may not have as much time to devote to the Bronco as buyers do. A salesman will go through the car buying process about 0-3 times per day and, hopefully, about 200 times per year compared to most buyers that go through it once every 3-5 years. Unless they're already poised to become one of the major Bronco Meccas, e.g. @Granger Ford then they have other things to worry about. It's not that they don't care; they just have a different balance.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A dealer selling at MSRP is making money. Look at the cost difference on invoice pricing vs msrp.
Boatloads! I'm a biz accountant....there's a big spread between their invoice and MSRP. AND THEN! there are rebates, co-ops, incentives, etc. that be significant. Which is why I'm hoping for a discount from MSRP, but truth is: supply/demand. I demand a damned BRONCO!! They have what I want. Ever watch Pawn Stars? I'm not exactly in a good position to deal, here. lol

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Playing???

I think any dealer would tell you they'd sell at MSRP all day long. Not sure what they do and don't know but Granger and Stephens shouldn't be the only dealers in the know throughout the US. My take is that they're stringing along their reservation holders as long as they can before to committing to a lower profit margin for themselves, if they even would. Kudos to those dealers that are stepping up with matching what X-plan would have been and the above for going beyond that but they've reached out to Ford I'm sure before going public to ensure they're not losing money either.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. Most of the people working there are trying to feed their families this month and may not have as much time to devote to the Bronco as buyers do. A salesman will go through the car buying process about 0-3 times per day and, hopefully, about 200 times per year compared to most buyers that go through it once every 3-5 years. Unless they're already poised to become one of the major Bronco Meccas, e.g. @Granger Ford then they have other things to worry about. It's not that they don't care; they just have a different balance.
Yes. And this is why it is so rare to have a business plan like what Granger is doing. I got excited at Nissan when we were able to s start selling the small commercial van even though we weren't a commercial authorized dealer. I had to beg my GM pretty much to get a budget to wrap one to market it and then have occasional time off to meet with local businesses that did catering or deliveries or such and that currently has a competitor.

The amount of time Albert devotes to Bronco means a couple things. First, his general sales manager or GM signed off on it or possibly assigned it. Second, Albert is taking a big pay cut dicking around on this site and making spreadsheets of reservation holders instead of selling cars on the lot, or, his GM signed off on giving him an extra base pay until Bronco deliveries start / deduct Bronco commissions to pay back the dealership for the extra current pay.

Either way it's risky (ballsy really and I personally appreciate it because I'd have been the one dislocating my arm raising my hand at the meeting that this idea was floated).

But what do I know, I eagerly volunteered to drive 30 tons of ammonium nitrate into the desert in a semi truck in Iraq to blow it in place.