Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have to decide: do you want this or not? If you want to deal....wait 2 years. If you want one now, stop trying to deal and just get it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to decide: do you want this or not? If you want to deal....wait 2 years. If you want one now, stop trying to deal and just get it.
No, you don't have to decide that. You can make a deal on this if you want to, you can't just go at it like you advise and sign up for whatever someone wants to charge you.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. And this is why it is so rare to have a business plan like what Granger is doing. I got excited at Nissan when we were able to s start selling the small commercial van even though we weren't a commercial authorized dealer. I had to beg my GM pretty much to get a budget to wrap one to market it and then have occasional time off to meet with local businesses that did catering or deliveries or such and that currently has a competitor.

The amount of time Albert devotes to Bronco means a couple things. First, his general sales manager or GM signed off on it or possibly assigned it. Second, Albert is taking a big pay cut dicking around on this site and making spreadsheets of reservation holders instead of selling cars on the lot, or, his GM signed off on giving him an extra base pay until Bronco deliveries start / deduct Bronco commissions to pay back the dealership for the extra current pay.

Either way it's risky (ballsy really and I personally appreciate it because I'd have been the one dislocating my arm raising my hand at the meeting that this idea was floated).

But what do I know, I eagerly volunteered to drive 30 tons of ammonium nitrate into the desert in a semi truck in Iraq to blow it in place.
Yeah, his GM, Zack, has been on the forum and they've pretty much gone all-in on the Bronco and, as a future customer, I'm stoked.

I hope you got a ride far, far away from that thing before BIPing it, lol. I can still see the shape of the 155 fragment whizzing past the window of our JERRV because we could only back up so far due to traffic, lol. Probably no threat while being inside even if it hit, but that after action would've left me missing a place to sit down.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had released documents showing invoice with holdback for each trim level, but there is a lot we haven't seen yet. We are doing MSRP so its really not a big deal. The dealers that are discounting more most likely are worried about promising too much so they are playing it safe.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“I understand that you want to know more about the price. As I have stated my manager is planning on making that decision when we know how we're getting paid by ford as there is no release about how much we will actually own the vehicles for. I know he has said that he wants to hold at msrp, but I want to make sure that I'm making a right statement about that”
The thing is, the dealership will not "own" any converted reservation, unless the reservation holder walks away. The dealership will get an invoice (which will be appreciably lower than "invoice pricing") from Ford either on the day it ships from the plant, or on the day it arrives at the dealership. They will have at least 30 days to pay that invoice. That Bronco will be bought by the reservation holder, or by someone else if they walk away, long before that invoice is due.

No dealership will have any money out of pocket for any of these reservations. This is why I say they should be perfectly happy with invoice pricing. Once they get their dealer stock, then I have less problems with them playing their dealer games, as they will have skin in the game.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, his GM, Zack, has been on the forum and they've pretty much gone all-in on the Bronco and, as a future customer, I'm stoked.

I hope you got a ride far, far away from that thing before BIPing it, lol. I can still see the shape of the 155 fragment whizzing past the window of our JERRV because we could only back up so far due to traffic, lol. Probably no threat while being inside even if it hit, but that after action would've left me missing a place to sit down.
About Granger, and I'm not jumping the gun until the papers are signed and I have my Bronco, but there's some real leadership there I think.

Yikes we found berm like a click out and weren't in harm's way. I think the jerrv thing is the sexy new replacement Humvee, I guess I got out before you. Blowing in place in a city (you mentioned traffic) sounds like a really bad idea without a big cordon.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About Granger, and I'm not jumping the gun until the papers are signed and I have my Bronco, but there's some real leadership there I think.

Yikes we found berm like a click out and weren't in harm's way. I think the jerrv thing is the sexy new replacement Humvee, I guess I got out before you. Blowing in place in a city (you mentioned traffic) sounds like a really bad idea without a big cordon.
It was a main "highway" with a bridge. Cars backed up for miles it seemed. That was 2009 and the JERRV was already looked at by others as old-tech compared to other MRAPs, haha.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, you don't have to decide that. You can make a deal on this if you want to, you can't just go at it like you advise and sign up for whatever someone wants to charge you.
Look, if I have what you want and you want it....you'll pay what I want you to or you'll walk for the next guy. It really is just that simple and you'll just piss off a dealer that hopefully you want a good relationship with. We can play nice and often get more....

Sponsored
OP
OP

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all. I guess I just wanted to see what others are hearing from dealerships. I guess most of you can get back to hating on the interiors and MIC top. Lol

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look, if I have what you want and you want it....you'll pay what I want you to or you'll walk for the next guy. It really is just that simple and you'll just piss off a dealer that hopefully you want a good relationship with. We can play nice and often get more....
Cool, you do you. Tell them you'll pay whatever they ask, and beg them to accept it. I don't care one iota about a relationship with a dealer, beyond a smooth transaction.

You are correct, in that they do or will have something I want (an allocation), but you forget that I also have things they want (money, willingness to buy, and a relatively early reservation that will be converted to an order). So, this isn't an instance of just begging them to bless you with whatever price they want as you seem to be willing to do. They may think it's that way, but other dealers who do value what I have will be willing to break and create better offers.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's one of the skeezier things I've seen a dealer say around here. If this is how you handle your sales end of things I wouldn't want a relationship with you. Much less would I want to bring the higher margin repair work in after the sale. Yet another dealer showing their ass in the information age.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a main "highway" with a bridge. Cars backed up for miles it seemed. That was 2009 and the JERRV was already looked at by others as old-tech compared to other MRAPs, haha.
You must be Army or something. I got out in 09 lol.
Sponsored