Sponsored

Dealers Requiring Different Deposit Amounts (Sport as an example)

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco Sport is a little further ahead in the ordering process and I’ve noticed how the requirements have varied wildly depending on dealer. Just wondering if we are expecting the same for our Bronco.

As an example, a couple dealers in my area are requiring (non refundable) deposits of $500-$1500 before they even place your Sport order. Some are not asking for anything beyond $100. Hoping they release this info before we aren’t allowed to transfer our reservations. Not sure if Ford can even control this.

I’ve also noticed some forum members already being asked for additional money to order their Broncos in December.
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer has asked for a "fully refundable" $500 deposit upon ordering....doesn't really bother me....but it sorta does

to be fair, this is just what the internet sales chick said, I plan to go talk to the sales manager next week and try and get more details.

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer has asked for a "fully refundable" $500 deposit upon ordering....doesn't really bother me....but it sorta does

to be fair, this is just what the internet sales chick said, I plan to go talk to the sales manager next week and try and get more details.
Yeah a part of me doesn’t mind since I’ll be paying it either way. Just strange how different the policies are and what the actual requirement will be.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But we're ordering online... Dealer gets the order. The only think my Dealer is doing is delivery me my Bronco. I'm not asking them or am I required to order thru them.
Unless you're not holding a reservation...?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it is out of line for a dealer to ask for a "earnest money downstroke" IF A NEGOTIATED FINAL PRICE IS AGREED UPON! Since we have no pricing info any dealer asking for this is shady. Some dealers have confused bronco reservations w/sport and that makes them look incompetent on top of shady?

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it is out of line for a dealer to ask for a "earnest money downstroke" IF A NEGOTIATED FINAL PRICE IS AGREED UPON! Since we have no pricing info any dealer asking for this is shady. Some dealers have confused bronco reservations w/sport and that makes them look incompetent on top of shady?
Agreed... In my exoeri9, giving a deposit is as good as a contract signature on the deal. I'm not doing that until I see everything on paper.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think it is out of line for a dealer to ask for a "earnest money downstroke" IF A NEGOTIATED FINAL PRICE IS AGREED UPON!....
But it could be a problem if the deposit on the order is non refundable. What happens if Bronco arrives and instead of lux package you find high package and don’t want that Bronco.
What if the color you order is not what you expect and don’t like it but order is correct? What happens to non refundable deposit? Possibilities when I have to order and haven’t seen the rare colors on a vehicle in person.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That package you ordered should be on your contract. If not delivered as ordered the dealer would be in breach, not you. Its "non refundable" in the event you are unable to complete the purchase, when the correct vehicle is ready for delivery

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it could be a problem if the deposit on the order is non refundable. What happens if Bronco arrives and instead of lux package you find high package and don’t want that Bronco.
What if the color you order is not what you expect and don’t like it but order is correct? What happens to non refundable deposit? Possibilities when I have to order and haven’t seen the rare colors on a vehicle in person.
U should also consider the other side of the coin here. With no earnest money involved, what would stop me from ordering 5 6 or even 10 broncos in different colors/options and only taking delivery of the one I like most? $100 per order? Not enough $ to prove someone has serious intentions. This will affect production and there needs to be a mechanism to sort the serious buyer from the flakes, so that those who are serious will get theirs w/out delays. Sure some dealers will accept more risk thinking "we can sell those units off the lot and maybe get more for them" but I would feel more comfortable w/a dealer who is trying to get the vehicles sold to the customers that want them w/out jamming up production by spam ordering.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
U should also consider the other side of the coin here. With no earnest money involved, what would stop me from ordering 5 6 or even 10 broncos in different colors/options and only taking delivery of the one I like most?...
Would you order 10 Broncos ($1000)
For the reservation). and then $500 non refundable on top of that for each one? Doubtful but more power to you.

My post had to do with the NON REFUNDABLE part. I am all good with earnest money to show real intention, I would still be ok with $1000 refundable on my order.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the reservation). and then $500 non refundable on top of that for each one? Doubtful but more power to you.

My post had to do with the NON REFUNDABLE part. I am all good with earnest money to show real intention, I would still be ok with $1000 refundable on my order.
My point was simply that w/NO deposit I could abuse the system. Both sides should act in good faith when the order is placed. How much money, and conditions under which said deposit could be refunded, I don't think there is a one size fits all answer there. If I had a purchase contract and agreed price I would have no issue giving a downstroke.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base

..They only way I would put down a non refundable deposit,is if I get to see and drive the vehicle...Would I ever put down 20% on a house I never saw or walked through..I don't think so...

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once again...good faith on both sides. Some type of downstroke on my part would help reassure me that the dealer intends to deliver the vehicle to me and not intentionally botch the order so I refuse delivery, and they get an early lot stocker

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once again...good faith on both sides. Some type of downstroke on my part would help reassure me that the dealer intends to deliver the vehicle to me and not intentionally botch the order so I refuse delivery, and they get an early lot stocker
This is why, if you have a reservation, you order your Bronco online in December...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
Is this not how the reservation system works? You get to make the order online yourself, your dealer gets the build/invoice/MSRP, then you go about the typical dealer interaction after that?
Sponsored