Sponsored

Dealers Requiring Different Deposit Amounts (Sport as an example)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Ford site it states you can only reserve two. (And as established...non-transferable)
so two for me, two for my son, two for my GF, two for each of her 5 kids that's 16. not to mention whatever alias accounts I come up with?
Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, but they may catch on at order/contract time. They will happily take all the money they can before they have to deliver anything.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I've also read this...

Screenshot_20200913-151410_Edge.jpg
OK, when it comes to things like this, definitely place blind trust in someone on the internet with a handle of BroncBro. I apologize for my obviously misguided advice. :rolleyes:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so two for me, two for my son, two for my GF, two for each of her 5 kids that's 16. not to mention whatever alias accounts I come up with?
Your girlfriend has 5 kids with credit cards that can each fork over $100 to reserve you a Bronco? Wow, nice going!

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes...but at that point the "switcheroo window" will have closed...if you can't come to terms w/the dealer you will have to bail on your reservation? I thought the "switcheroo" program was to keep dealers in line...if the window is closed then you take whatever they offer or walk?

I’ve skipped ahead so I don’t forget, so forgive me is this has been covered...

But regardless of how we order, with dealer or online, it doesn’t happen until Dec... two months after the “switcheroos”.... so the dealing is over.

That’s why you pick your dealer- below invoice, accessory discounts, deliveries, x plan- before. I don’t think this is a vehicle you are gonna be haggling over, at least not first year. You are gonna build and price it, deduct what the dealer is offering and that is your price.

That’s at least the way I understand it. I know my vehicle is gonna be near sixty grand. I’ve swallowed it , accepted it and can’t wait to drive it......

.... or not, depends how I like it on delivery.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of confusion here, I have heard it both ways. I actually prefer the online, because I will be out of the country at the time. If I have to do it with a dealer, so be it, it will be online, if not.. Ford online.

Any extra haggling will be done on delivery, not that the dealer has much incentive, because they will just sell it off the lot.

Maybe one of the dealers here can chime in and help us out?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve skipped ahead so I don’t forget, so forgive me is this has been covered...

But regardless of how we order, with dealer or online, it doesn’t happen until Dec... two months after the “switcheroos”.... so the dealing is over.

That’s why you pick your dealer- below invoice, accessory discounts, deliveries, x plan- before. I don’t think this is a vehicle you are gonna be haggling over, at least not first year. You are gonna build and price it, deduct what the dealer is offering and that is your price.

That’s at least the way I understand it. I know my vehicle is gonna be near sixty grand. I’ve swallowed it , accepted it and can’t wait to drive it......

.... or not, depends how I like it on delivery.
point exactly!...the whole switcheroo program is a giant jerkoff!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya I get that, but the whole deal sounds like, order your truck...bend over...spell r.u.n? Negotiate some fictional vehicle I just invented on Ford's website? I dunno...maybe I'm just not the right customer for today's new hip modern car industry? Don't get it, you gotta help me here!

EDIT: and while you are at it you never answered WHERE the info above came from? Was it an email from ford? Something you read on the ford website? There is lots of fuzzy info right now...I'm not calling you out, just everything I read seems sketchy lately.
Additionally, if you go the Ford web site focusing on the 3 step reservation/ ordering process, Step 2 states the following,"Your dealer will reach out to you to place the order, verify pricing and configure the rest of your Bronco." Also under FAQ for the ordering process, it states, "Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?" Answer: "No, the purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer. Not you and Ford."

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

point exactly!...the whole switcheroo program is a giant jerkoff!

Ah...I'm not sure, this whole sort of thing is new to me- first year model ( I did buy the first year FJ, look how that worked out...kidding, I actually dig it), reservation, different reports on what is what's not, ordering sight unseen, fuck, I don't even know what color I want...or what colors there are for sure!..

That being said, it's frustratingly fun, if you are in a position to wait and take it or leave it.

I like that they put dealers in a position to deal against each other on a nationwide basis and it has brought some pretty good deals for a new release, highly sought after vehicle. I wish they gave us more than once choice of choosing, but in today's reality show environment, it creates suspense and thoughtful thinking. Everybody ( those present) has researched this truck: what deals can be had, what dealers are shit and which are upfront and semi transparent. ( still wish I had another choice to switch before Dec. )

Bottom line, it cost me nothing till the day I take delivery and then only if I like it.

It's a new experience, I'm rollin' with it.

edit to add:

btw , I dig your truck in your avatar... (y)

Last edited:

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like a big mistake to not know what your dealer has planned in terms of X-plan, ADM, “required” dealer add-ons and just ordering online and negotiating later. From what I’ve gathered, if that online tool does exist and is part of the process, the configuration is still sent to the dealer and they place an actual order on your behalf. I’m still not happy that changing dealer at time of order is not an option.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a big mistake to not know what your dealer has planned in terms of X-plan, ADM, “required” dealer add-ons and just ordering online and negotiating later. From what I’ve gathered, if that online tool does exist and is part of the process, the configuration is still sent to the dealer and they place an actual order on your behalf. I’m still not happy that changing dealer at time of order is not an option.

I agree, I wish you could change your dealer at least up until a couple of weeks before ordering.

That's why it is so important to choose your dealer beforehand, get those commitments in writing. When you go to pick up your Bronco, check your contract. I expect them to be legit, if not, it is a legal hassle, but you will win.

It's just haggling before delivery I guess- I want this, this, and this and I will reserve and order with your name.

?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you order 10 Broncos ($1000)
For the reservation). and then $500 non refundable on top of that for each one? Doubtful but more power to you.

My post had to do with the NON REFUNDABLE part. I am all good with earnest money to show real intention, I would still be ok with $1000 refundable on my order.
What you say is silly. There is ZERO RISK for you to $1000 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. Heck, a $5000 refundable deposit would be okay considering interest rates. The dealer however takes the financial risk of selling oddly configured vehicles, like at the 2.3L Sasquatch crazies I see around. If I know I will get it back, I don't really care about the deposit.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco Sport is a little further ahead in the ordering process and I’ve noticed how the requirements have varied wildly depending on dealer. Just wondering if we are expecting the same for our Bronco.

As an example, a couple dealers in my area are requiring (non refundable) deposits of $500-$1500 before they even place your Sport order. Some are not asking for anything beyond $100. Hoping they release this info before we aren’t allowed to transfer our reservations. Not sure if Ford can even control this.

I’ve also noticed some forum members already being asked for additional money to order their Broncos in December.
Once I've negotiated a price on the vehicle I want, then I have NO PROBLEM putting down a deposit, refundable or not. If you are not willing to put a deposit on a vehicle built to your specification, then YOU ARE NOT A SERIOUS BUYER! YOU ARE A POSER.

Dealers offering attractive terms (i.e. Invoice- $1000) will have hundreds of orders. Why would these dealers risk the hassle that 25% of these built-to-order vehicles sit on the lot incurring financing costs because a bunch of Lookie Lou's didn't follow through on their purchases?

ADVICE: Contact dealers now and negotiate the best terms and get it in writing, even if it's an email from the sales manager. Some dealers, like Granger or Stephens, have their acts together and should make this process painless. Others I have contacted are un-responsive, clueless and seem unable to answer simple questions. They have not made any decisions on pricing and seem incompetent imo. Avoid these clowns! Know your build and your dealer's price for that and be ready once the order process goes live. Be prepared to man-up (or woman-up!) and make a deposit.

My guess is that Ford will build vehicles in the order that these real, negotiated orders are processed and not in reservation order. They'd be crazy not to. Perhaps it may be some blend of the two?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once I've negotiated a price on the vehicle I want, then I have NO PROBLEM putting down a deposit, refundable or not. If you are not willing to put a deposit on a vehicle built to your specification, then YOU ARE NOT A SERIOUS BUYER! YOU ARE A POSER.

Dealers offering attractive terms (i.e. Invoice- $1000) will have hundreds of orders. Why would these dealers risk the hassle that 25% of these built-to-order vehicles sit on the lot incurring financing costs because a bunch of Lookie Lou's didn't follow through on their purchases?

ADVICE: Contact dealers now and negotiate the best terms and get it in writing, even if it's an email from the sales manager. Some dealers, like Granger or Stephens, have their acts together and should make this process painless. Others I have contacted are un-responsive, clueless and seem unable to answer simple questions. They have not made any decisions on pricing and seem incompetent imo. Avoid these clowns! Know your build and your dealer's price for that and be ready once the order process goes live. Be prepared to man-up (or woman-up!) and make a deposit.

My guess is that Ford will build vehicles in the order that these real, negotiated orders are processed and not in reservation order. They'd be crazy not to. Perhaps it may be some blend of the two?
A lot can go wrong in 6+ months that would put you in a place to not be able to proceed with the purchase as planned. If the accepted minimum to place an order is a $100 refundable deposit and many dealers honor that, why put down a non-refundable deposit? Why wouldn’t you want to avoid the risk? It has nothing to do with being a poser, it’s basic risk mitigation.
Sponsored