Sponsored

Dealers Requiring Different Deposit Amounts (Sport as an example)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why, if you have a reservation, you order your Bronco online in December...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
Is this not how the reservation system works? You get to make the order online yourself, your dealer gets the build/invoice/MSRP, then you go about the typical dealer interaction after that?
There might be an online tool, but the order gets placed through a dealer...Ford doesn't sell direct. At that point I wana have my deal hammered out and a written contract...ideally before that, and before the switcheroo cutoff, cause thats the only hand we have in the negotiation process...other than walking. I've talked to the folks at my dealer and (I think) they get it?
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....At that point I wana have my deal hammered out and a written contract...ideally before that, and before the switcheroo cutoff..,
Ink on paper and all numbers in the open, signed and agreed cost before the switcheroo date. That would make me happy.

Local dealer said he had 400 reservations already. I don’t think he is gonna get my business looking at communication between us if he’s sitting back thinking he don’t need to work for the reservation sales.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ink on paper and all numbers in the open, signed and agreed cost before the switcheroo date. That would make me happy.

Local dealer said he had 400 reservations already. I don’t think he is gonna get my business looking at communication between us if he’s sitting back thinking he don’t need to work for the reservation sales.
Thats kinda my concern too...dealers being complacent because they have so many reservations they don't care how it all goes down...at the end of the day they will sell all they get, and could sell more if they could get more. Asking me for a downstroke at least makes it seem like they a) realize most reservations will not result in a sale, and b) wish to sort the serious buyers from the fence sitters, and get my sale handled 1st

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why, if you have a reservation, you order your Bronco online in December...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong..
Is this not how the reservation system works? You get to make the order online yourself, your dealer gets the build/invoice/MSRP, then you go about the typical dealer interaction after that?
You don't order online. Your dealer, the one where your reservation is, places the order. Only dealers have access to Ford's order entry system. You work with your dealer to finalize the vehicle specifics and they place the order.

As to deposits - dealers are free, barring any instructions from the manufacturer, to institute whatever policy they want (or feel they can get away with). Customers are free to negotiate with the dealer. Customers are also free to take their business elsewhere. This is why, given the Bronco's unique reservation process, it's important to come to terms over things like this well in advance of the the 10/31 deadline on the one-time ability to transfer a reservation to a different dealer.

IMO nobody should *ever* put down a *non-refundable* deposit. Ever.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't order online. Your dealer, the one where your reservation is, places the order. Only dealers have access to Ford's order entry system. You work with your dealer to finalize the vehicle specifics and they place the order.

As to deposits - dealers are free, barring any instructions from the manufacturer, to institute whatever policy they want (or feel they can get away with). Customers are free to negotiate with the dealer. Customers are also free to take their business elsewhere. This is why, given the Bronco's unique reservation process, it's important to come to terms over things like this well in advance of the the 10/31 deadline on the one-time ability to transfer a reservation to a different dealer.

IMO nobody should *ever* put down a *non-refundable* deposit. Ever.
But I've also read this...

Screenshot_20200913-151410_Edge.jpg

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Dealers Requiring Different Deposit Amounts (Sport as an example) Screenshot_20200913-151410_Edge
I have never seen that. Where did you get that? And more importantly how do we get a "bottom line price" in writing prior to ordering through this system when our deadline to switch will have expired?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never seen that. Where did you get that? And more importantly how do we get a "bottom line price" in writing prior to ordering through this system when our deadline to switch will have expired?
You're not buying it online, you're just following thru with your reservation into an order. At this point, from what I understand, this will create a VIN and a window sticker/invoice to which your dealer is then involved.
You still negotiate the price with your dealer... Just the same as you would negotiate a lot vehicle with a window sticker.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not buying it online, you're just following thru with your reservation into an order. At this point, from what I understand, this will create a VIN and a window sticker/invoice to which your dealer is then involved.
You still negotiate the price with your dealer... Just the same as you would negotiate a lot vehicle with a window sticker.
yes...but at that point the "switcheroo window" will have closed...if you can't come to terms w/the dealer you will have to bail on your reservation? I thought the "switcheroo" program was to keep dealers in line...if the window is closed then you take whatever they offer or walk?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes...but at that point the "switcheroo window" will have closed...if you can't come to terms w/the dealer you will have to bail on your reservation? I thought the "switcheroo" program was to keep dealers in line...if the window is closed then you take whatever they offer or walk?
I dunno what terms you're expecting... X Plan seems about the best were gonna get, MSRP the worst. My Dealer is honoring X plan.
I guess you can try and make a deal with your salesman before orders open and make a deposit and assume you then have a binding agreement somehow...? That's up to you I guess. And if options change or prices change, it's not anything your dealer is gonna stand by with your original agreement. They'll be sure to pass that on to you.

nyhcinaz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
U should also consider the other side of the coin here. With no earnest money involved, what would stop me from ordering 5 6 or even 10 broncos in different colors/options and only taking delivery of the one I like most? $100 per order? Not enough $ to prove someone has serious intentions. This will affect production and there needs to be a mechanism to sort the serious buyer from the flakes, so that those who are serious will get theirs w/out delays. Sure some dealers will accept more risk thinking "we can sell those units off the lot and maybe get more for them" but I would feel more comfortable w/a dealer who is trying to get the vehicles sold to the customers that want them w/out jamming up production by spam ordering.
But then the dealer has 9 broncos on the lot that they can sell sounds like a win/win to me

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno what terms you're expecting... X Plan seems about the best were gonna get, MSRP the worst. My Dealer is honoring X plan.
I guess you can try and make a deal with your salesman before orders open and make a deposit and assume you then have a binding agreement somehow...? That's up to you I guess. And if options change or prices change, it's not anything your dealer is gonna stand by with your original agreement. They'll be sure to pass that on to you.
Ya I get that, but the whole deal sounds like, order your truck...bend over...spell r.u.n? Negotiate some fictional vehicle I just invented on Ford's website? I dunno...maybe I'm just not the right customer for today's new hip modern car industry? Don't get it, you gotta help me here!

EDIT: and while you are at it you never answered WHERE the info above came from? Was it an email from ford? Something you read on the ford website? There is lots of fuzzy info right now...I'm not calling you out, just everything I read seems sketchy lately.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But then the dealer has 9 broncos on the lot that they can sell sounds like a win/win to me
Ya that was my point...why would they care?...but you should care cause those 9 broncos and thousands like them are getting built while yours is not?

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Dealers Requiring Different Deposit Amounts (Sport as an example) Screenshot_20200913-151410_Edge
??? !!!

Vas is das?!

Does this mean that my local dealer has literally no power over me to try and force add-ons?! That they can’t force me to pay $$ up-front to get my order into the system on time?! That I don’t have to sign in blood that I’ll use their crooked financing or get a six year extended warranty?! Wahoo if true!

This would make the Bronco my all-time favorite purchase! ??

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Xplan isn't the best we're going to get. And as of now, I haven't seen confirmation that the FE will be x-plan eligible.

Some dealers are offering $1300 below invoice. Some matching other offers. Other dealers are going to charge you for nitrogen filled tires, clear coat protection, window etching, gross doc fees, undercoating, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, I want the deal in writing--$1300 below invoice, $100 doc fee, nothing additional, no surprises.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the Ford site it states you can only reserve two. (And as established...non-transferable)
Sponsored