First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have read many posts about dealerships and their pricing strategies re: Bronco launch. Any dealer of any make automobile product who puts an "add-on" over MSRP does not understand what customer loyalty is all about. They are a bane to the industry. They seek short term profits over long term repeat business. It's called churn and burn.

I was a Ford Rep. I retired from the automobile industry which I love. My father retired from FoMoCo and my wife retired from an Import Co. I know what I am talking about.

Many dealers that I counseled could not figure out why they had poor customer relationships. And, they understood that chasing a new customer with advertising and specials was more expensive per unit sold than retaining current customers. Yet, many had a hard time understanding that when the dealership experiences poor customer relationships it usually starts at the top and goes down hill as the saying goes.

Any dealership who sells these Broncos over MSRP (even if you get yours below MSRP) is not doing you or the brand a favor. In the end they hurt themselves even more than the customers who simply move on. Where will you decide to buy aftermarket parts? From the dealer who initially sold Broncos over MSRP or the independent P&A manufacturers making the same items at a fairer price.
Sponsored

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers will sell them for what they can get and what people are willing to pay. I mean even Kia tellurides are selling for 10-20k over MSRP in some areas.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dealers will sell them for what they can get and what people are willing to pay. I mean even Kia tellurides are selling for 10-20k over MSRP in some areas.
Hey, the Telluride is a cool SUV!

The customers really are part of the problem here. So many people have more money than sense and will pay whatever the window says. Some people don't even realize what adm is. Shady dealers list it as "dealer installed accessories" or something similar and people don't know the difference. Then you've got all the people who just don't care. It's money they won't even miss.
I hate dealers who do this but it's almost hard to blame them when you've got people walking in eyes closed willing to pay whatever they're told.

I'll never pay adm, and I've told many a salesman this and they just don't care. When i bought my RS i had one say, and i quote "Why would i do that, someone will pay it." And that's why my car came from a couple thousand miles away ??‍♂

Bronco4u

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ram1500,17 f650,92 bronco,03 2500hd,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I reserved with told me it would be over MSRP and probably by a lot. The reason they gave was “because of the popularity of the bronco “

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget that the dealerships in this transaction need YOU! You are not going to their lot to pick out from inventory they have, needing them. They have no inventory. The only way they are going to get them in their showroom to show off to people walking in is to get yours in the door before you pick it up. They need YOU. They have to earn your business or you go somewhere else. Period.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer I reserved with told me it would be over MSRP and probably by a lot. The reason they gave was “because of the popularity of the bronco “
I see dealers potentially cannibalizing each others reservations in the next couple months. This might be a benefit of the long wait! You already have quite a few in the no ADM, no dealer fees, no add ons camp, and a few more in the below MSRP camp. Why advertise when you have about 100k targeted customers sitting there waiting. I suspect the one's expecting ADM will not be getting much volume.

Vote with your feet. Talk to another dealer, even if it is a 100 miles away. No way you should be paying a premium in this climate. Plop down another $100 and get a second dealer to hedge your bet.

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have 2 reservations already for the local dealership ... Did I read we can switch dealerships correct? - I might Need to send one over to the competition?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read many posts about dealerships and their pricing strategies re: Bronco launch. Any dealer of any make automobile product who puts an "add-on" over MSRP does not understand what customer loyalty is all about. They are a bane to the industry. They seek short term profits over long term repeat business. It's called churn and burn.

I was a Ford Rep. I retired from the automobile industry which I love. My father retired from FoMoCo and my wife retired from an Import Co. I know what I am talking about.

Many dealers that I counseled could not figure out why they had poor customer relationships. And, they understood that chasing a new customer with advertising and specials was more expensive per unit sold than retaining current customers. Yet, many had a hard time understanding that when the dealership experiences poor customer relationships it usually starts at the top and goes down hill as the saying goes.

Any dealership who sells these Broncos over MSRP (even if you get yours below MSRP) is not doing you or the brand a favor. In the end they hurt themselves even more than the customers who simply move on. Where will you decide to buy aftermarket parts? From the dealer who initially sold Broncos over MSRP or the independent P&A manufacturers making the same items at a fairer price.
Thanks for your post. It reminded me of the Koons Ford thread with their $10K over MSRP and bragging about their 270+ reservations.

Dealers like Koons Ford were counting on us being unable to change our reservation. Well... if Ford follows through on allowing that, then you know whats going to happen those 270+ reservations, Poof! OR... Koons will have to wake up and listen to the advice you are trying to share.

I think every manufacturer could do a better job of holding their dealers accountable but I am happy to see that someone who has been there and worked among them has the perspective you do.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ended up reserving with a dealer 40 miles away cause the local dealerships were playing stupid. One said they were "sold out" and wanted me to go down and drop $500 to get on their "list" and the other was clueless and had no idea what I was talking about.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that is where our advantage lies. Sure it is a hot vehicle, but there will not be any for almost a year. The Telluride is a current supply and demand situation. Since we already have to wait, you could assume the supply is virtually unlimited...

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toyota dealers still mark up TRD Pro models. The best way to let them know how you feel is don't buy from them. That's why you can still find some brand new 2-3 year old TRD Pros. Same will apply with the Bronco eventually. As it just did with the Gladiator last year.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your post. It reminded me of the Koons Ford thread with their $10K over MSRP and bragging about their 270+ reservations.

Dealers like Koons Ford were counting on us being unable to change our reservation. Well... if Ford follows through on allowing that, then you know whats going to happen those 270+ reservations, Poof! OR... Koons will have to wake up and listen to the advice you are trying to share.

I think every manufacturer could do a better job of holding their dealers accountable but I am happy to see that someone who has been there and worked among them has the perspective you do.
Koons is selling for over MSRP?? That's surprising considering they are one of the more well known "under invoice" dealers. They were selling Gladiators right away for under.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In Texas we don't have dealerships, we have stealerships! And unfortunately some of these stealership owners are Texas Legislatures. At any rate, when I was looking at Jeeps the dealers would treat me as uninformed consumer or worse. Car buying today is much more different than 20 years ago due to the internet and forums. Their mentality when it comes to sales, these stealerships carry that mentality from 20/30 years ago. If the place I'm getting my Bronco from does a markup on MSRP, Idaho here I come and I hope the $4K vacation credit passes so I can get $16k vacation pd between savings and the 4k vacation credit.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess you gotta be willing to walk. I utterly refuse to pay more than MSRP for anything. I reserved with two different dealers in my area in the hope that at least one of them will do me right but one dealer said they were only going to up-charge the limited editions so there's some hope.
Sponsored