Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my dealer called today, after trying to play hardball with me about my actual order that has had its build date moved a million times since May. At first they were only willing to give me 5k less than sticker for the badlands I have when my actual order finally gets built and delivered. I said that's fine. I'll just sell it privately when it's time. I don't want to make money on one that fell into my lap at MSRP, but I'm definitely not losing money if I can help it.

Fast forward to today. I get a call from them. I guess they saw my forsale ad. I did make it kinda obvious. He said that things have changed and that he'd make sure I made some money on the deal for my actual order if I didnt sell it privately and did indeed trade it in for my new one. To me this can only mean one thing... They now realize the issues ongoing with these getting to people and see dollar signs for auction. I don't really care. Like I said I just didn't want to lose money on this one. Only reason I bought this one was because they couldn't guarantee me that mine was actually going to get built considering we've been sitting on over 20 different build dates since May... Now it looks like it's actually going to be built November 8th so we'll see where this goes...

Pics just cause I love this thing. But I'd also like the one with everything I actually wanted. Lol

Ford Bronco Dealership called... Doesn't want me to sell my current bronco privately.. lol PSX_20211004_142947

Ford Bronco Dealership called... Doesn't want me to sell my current bronco privately.. lol PSX_20211004_131645
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you sell back to them, they'll likely mark it up and make a good profit on the customer that buys it. Since it was already sold, it also doesn't count against them. I wonder what would happen with your original build if you decide not to cooperate with the dealer?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck. Sounds like you’re in drivers seat on deal. But gotta be honest, why wouldn’t you sell at prevailing market rate?

And ya it’s okay to sell it for what it’s worth if that means greater than msrp. Nobody’s gonna hate you. It’s a transaction where two willing parties agree on something. Don’t sell yourself short just because.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you sell back to them, they'll likely mark it up and make a good profit on the customer that buys it. Since it was already sold, it also doesn't count against them. I wonder what would happen with your original build if you decide not to cooperate with the dealer?
Well I can't afford both... I'm sure they have a waiting list either way. They've been good to me tho. Even still... If it goes to the dealer I'll make em work for it .. otherwise I don't want to make money off anyone. I was lucky to get it at MSRP early, if someone wants it is pay it forward with what I have into it. Sticker plus tax I paid then if the timing is right I would. Sucks for then tho that they'd basically have to pay tax twice. That sucks. God damn tax.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

That will teach them not to sell another one at msrp

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That will teach them not to sell another one at msrp
I bought this one from a different dealer since they wouldn't sell me a loaded OuterBanks they had coming in. Lol.
Honestly tho... These guys are pretty good. They haven't sold one over MSRP yet. That's why I suspect they want to send it to the states for auction. They can do that after it's been owned for 6 months I believe . Or has over a certain amount of miles on it...

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, tell them to split the difference of their auction profit. Im not trying to sound like an a-hole, but while you feel some compassion because they have been selling at MSRP, they are going to do nothing but make a good profit off you. If you can sell independently and make your money back and then some, do that. And remember, while MSRP sounds like they are doing you a favor, how many vehicles have you ever paid MSRP for?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They'll just mark up your November Bronco to make you understand who's in control.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this one from a different dealer since they wouldn't sell me a loaded OuterBanks they had coming in. Lol.
Honestly tho... These guys are pretty good. They haven't sold one over MSRP yet. That's why I suspect they want to send it to the states for auction. They can do that after it's been owned for 6 months I believe . Or has over a certain amount of miles on it...
Not sure if they can send it to the States.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mate - they have no recourse. I would say if you want to be a friend to the community sell it privately at MSRP. Give them a special code like "pinapplepizzafortheboys"

that's how you know they're part of the organization.

and by "organization" I mean group.

group of random strangers.

internet strangers.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They'll just mark up your November Bronco to make you understand who's in control.
We've already had a guaranteed price for over a year... With deposit. In writing.... And they are also acknowledging that they got the ford discount email from ford due to the wait. They are rather trustworthy. Besides I've bought 9 car from them now, there should be a level of trust.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, you got two Broncos before most of us got one... what a good problem you have here.
Sponsored