First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello Bronco6G Community. It is with a heavy heart and an empty garage that I share with you that Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista, Arizona canceled my Bronco order on 1/19/22, just 2 weeks from delivery (scheduled 1/31/22 - 2/6/22). For those of you who have followed the previous thread of you know that I challenged the dealership on the unnecessary "accessories" fees that included nitrogen air, window tint, a "karr" alarm and door edge guards for $1496.00 that were listed on my buyer's agreement. I asked that they remove the fees because I was not going to pay for unnecessary items that I neither need, nor want. Instead of reaching a compromise, such as the one I suggested in an email to the sales manager, the GM called me himself and said that he is cancelling my order because he cannot make me satisfied. Again, my deliver date is on or before 2/6/22!! So they get a brand new 2022 Ford Bronco to sell to another customer and I get nothing--after waiting nearly a year? How is that ok?

If you have not followed the previous thread, feel free to take a look: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ecessary-accessory-package.33789/post-1130402

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do other than what I have already done? I've left an accurate Google Review, contacted the AGs Office, BBB, "3 on your side," which is a local consumer support television station, and called every Ford customer service number I could find. I've reached out to local papers and Military/Veteran support groups (I'm a combat Veteran and served in the Gulf War). I'm open to suggestions at this point.
I had a bad feeling about this dealership months ago and requested a dealership transfer that never happened--unfortunately. And for those of you who don't know, I did my research (so I thought) and chose this dealership to support small, ,rural, family-owned business, which is 3 1/2 hours from my house over the 4 Ford dealerships within 20 minutes of my house!

@Ford, I would love for you to step in and make this right. How can a dealership cancel a Bronco two-weeks from delivery without the customer's consent? And nothing in writing. There was no additional negotiation or compromise, just a phone call "we're cancelling your order and there is nothing you can do."
Sponsored

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if this was easy for the dealer to cancel without your consent, why are aren't dealers wanting the freedom to add ADM doing this everywhere?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understatement of the day.

Shows the importance of getting a purchase agreement before the order is placed I guess. BUT, water under the bridge for most of us at this point.
The crappy thing is that this vehicle lured in many first time new car buyers and first time custom orderers that many of us just didn't know the rules of the game. I'm not sure my purchase agreement would hold up if my dealer chose to be a POS.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford stopped penalizing dealers that didn't have a name match the sale of the vehicle. In the beginning I believe they couldn't go over 20% of Broncos not sold to a reservation holder. Then it went to 40% and now I doubt they are even keeping track.

Ford is absolutely enabling this behavior. It was way late in the game (October reorder for 2022 MY) when Ford announced to get a purchase agreement at your dealer. About this time Levine said too bad to some that went with a discount with many orders. If you do not like your dealer's allocations then find a dealer that had a better allocation. Good luck finding a dealer that would tell you. Then you had to get approval from Ford to change dealers??? Oh and those that did try and change Ford wouldn't let them (I think only one person was able to change on this forum)

We basically got held hostage by our dealer selection. Many didn't think to get a purchase agreement. The dealers have us by the balls and they know it. Some are fair some are not.

Ford needed to set pricing parameters for all dealers. Maybe something like MSRP +/- $3000. Dealers could make more profit or offer a deal but no one would get too screwed. Probably would have evened out the reservations a bit more. Ford also needed to punish dealers with the name match plan they originally had in place. By not doing so the dealer can sell your vehicle to anyone they want at any price they want.

Ford screwed the individual too many times on this Bronco.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DoubleH2016

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, this might take the cake for the worst dealer experience I've seen on this site yet. I can't believe any business in their right mind would do this to a customer, let alone a f@#$ing veteran. How lost do you have to be in your ways to do that to a person?

I understand, there is an opportunity to take advantage of the highly-inflated auto market, but if it weren't for OP, the dealer wouldn't even have the option of selling the Bronco in the first place.

At what point do we say "enough is enough"? I fear unless Ford implements the direct-to-consumer model for vehicle orders, dealers will continue using this tactic. At some point, people need to take a stand against dealer ADMs and STOP PAYING them. Dealers wouldn't be listing these Broncos for $10k, $20k, or $30k+ markups if customers weren't actually willing to pay it.

It's sad. OP, I'm very sorry for your experience. If there was something I could do for you, I would, other than posting a 1-star review and giving that dealer some hell.

@Ford Motor Company Simply stated, this behavior needs to stop. How can you let this continue? I hope someone reads this post and does something to help a veteran who is being ripped off. Unbelievable.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if this was easy for the dealer to cancel without your consent, why are aren't dealers wanting the freedom to add ADM doing this everywhere?
Right. This probably was done with consent of their ford rep. Always 2 sides.
Sponsored