Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A person that walked away over $1496? Yeah..OK
1496 more than the original verbal agreement. The problem here is society and not being able to trust a dealership with a good reputation up to this point. Nobody is good on their word anymore. I'm honestly sick of companies bending over consumers. As consumers, we are their bread and butter and should be treated as such.
Sponsored

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately, I did not walk away. I asked to negotiate and they responded with a phone call to let me know they are canceling my order (but keeping the Bronco).
I know everyone has mixed feelings about Mike but did you try contacting Mike Levine or Jim Farley? They hangout on Twitter a good bit, you may be able to send one or both a message to see if they can help. Worth a shot if you havent.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where are you coming up with 3-10%? Iā€™m not a fan of most dealers but your understanding of how new vehicles are sold is woefully incorrect. My dealer has been an excellent partner on the many transaction I have had over the year with them and we talk a lot about the business end of selling cars. Everyone on here pretends like all dealers are raging assholes and ford has no culpability in all of this. They (ford) set the margins and selling price for dealers on their vehicles and a lot of time the difference between msrp is minuscule when you compare it to the money that is spent or required to be spent by the manufacturer on physical requirements Ect. My wifeā€™s bronco sport obx had 800 dollars of profit from invoice to sticker. The ford Mach E has 3% profit from ford and you canā€™t mark it up. He sold a 70k F-series a few weeks ago and by the time he got done ā€œnegotiatingā€ with the buyer and paying for everything he made 700 bucks. Between paying employees and for physical infrastructure running a dealership is expensive. Is it profitable? Yes but itā€™s not what the majority of people on here think it is. It would be great if like Tesla you just pay sticker and moved on. There were no ā€œdiscountsā€ or special financing but that is what the competition in the market of dealers has done. If suddenly all dealers were gone over half the country would have no place to work, schedule to get service, look at inventory or test drive a car. Ford wouldnā€™t have 3000 locations they would have 300 and there wouldnā€™t be options for getting your car fixed other than ford and you would be at their mercy to pay whatever they wanted buying or servicing. Just take two seconds and think about that. Dealers get screwed by ford having to buy and floorplan lots of shit cars because ford can do that to them. I see no problem with dealers taking advantage of market conditions in certain situations. Right now everything we buy on a daily basis is being marked up and it is usually because the person selling it to us can not because they are passing cost along to us. Ford charges Shelby dealers a ā€œShelby taxā€ on top of the money you have to pay to be a Shelby dealer. Ford only allocates raptors to certain dealers and just like this whole allocation snafu once again ford. In a perfect world you should be able to walk into any ford dealer and order what you want and buy from there but that isnā€™t how it works. My dealer got 6 bronco allocations last year he was able to fill 5 including mine Bc of the Mic top issue. Just like with Stephenā€™s and granger itā€™s bs FORD screwed those guys by changing the allocation system and in turn screwed a lot of the people on here but letā€™s remember those guys were trying to game the system too and it wasnā€™t for the good of the customer it was for profit. Yes they are great dealers and treat people right but they also did the math and realized they could make more money selling in bulk at a discount. Just think about that.
Agreed. The margins are so thin on new cars. This is why the richest guy on a car lot is the used car sales manager.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. The margins are so thin on new cars. This is why the richest guy on a car lot is the used car sales manager.
Exactly. Iā€™m glad someone on here understands basic economics.

Sponsored

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have reason to be worried.
Look ive had my bronco since october and i bought it with invoice pricing. I recognize I'm lucky. Love the vehicle but despite my luck and success with the Bronco, I'll never forget this horrid buying experience. And I'm not talking about the delays. They gave me 220k points for the delays. I have no gripe about that. They made amends and didn't really even have to. It's the whole dealer process that I find to be ridiculous!

Are you positive your credit union needs that? My credit union was super easy to work with
Yes, Iā€™m trying to line everything up and that is what they said they needed. Iā€™ll call again and verify because Iā€™m not sure they should need that, not until before closing the deal anyway.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, Iā€™m trying to line everything up and that is what they said they needed. Iā€™ll call again and verify because Iā€™m not sure they should need that, not until before closing the deal anyway.
If it helps

All they asked me for were
  • Social security (for credit check)
  • Make and model of vehicle, maybe VIN (to lookup value of vehicle)

That's it. Then they spit out what they would loan me, which was a bit over what I had arranged to pay for the vehicle.

Good luck!
You're at the end game now. The Bronco is so worth the wait as cliche as that phrase is by now

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it helps

All they asked me for were
  • Social security (for credit check)
  • Make and model of vehicle, maybe VIN (to lookup value of vehicle)

That's it. Then they spit out what they would loan me, which was a bit over what I had arranged to pay for the vehicle.

Good luck!
You're at the end game now. The Bronco is so worth the wait as cliche as that phrase is by now
Yes, thatā€™s all they should need, I agree. I think Iā€™ll be fine. And yes! Finally at the end game! That was a long ass game. Lol. Yā€™a i just canā€™t wait to get my baby.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to hear this and hope Ford steps in. For those critics mentioning a written agreement I had one and my dealer still refused to honor it. They threatened to not sell me my Bronco unless I paid more so lay off the OP unless you have something constructive to offer. I canā€™t wait to see the dealer model die. Itā€™s way past time.
What type of written agreement did you have? I am curious, was it a signed Purchase Agreement?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing yet. I'm not holding my breath. I've noticed that my own Google review has magically disappeared!
Other google review replies from Lawley stated that the issues with the unsatisfied customer(yourself), have been resolved.
And the other reviews not having a noted customer record are probably being petitioned to Google for deletion as "false" or "slanderous".
I personally have not written a review for them, but having taken delivery of mine through them, this leaves me wondering about utilizing them for future business. (My wife ordered this through MAS, and we were moving back to AZ upon her mil retirement)

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Signed DORA for X Plan/invoice + $150
Hey BRBlue,
Damn, a DORA is basically a confirmation of your order that the dealer has placed with the manufacturer, in this case Ford. It is not however, a binding document, ie. Purchase Agreement. Very sorry to read about your dealership issues...

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey BRBlue,
Damn, a DORA is basically a confirmation of your order that the dealer has placed with the manufacturer, in this case Ford. It is not however, a binding document, ie. Purchase Agreement. Very sorry to read about your dealership issues...
It shows an agreed to final sales price and is signed by management. Iā€™m not an attorney but itā€™s a legally binding agreement in TX from those Iā€™ve talked to. UPDATE: Spoke again with the GM at my dealer and he agreed to honor our deal.

Last edited:

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It shows an agreed to final sales price and is signed by management. Iā€™m not an attorney but itā€™s a legally binding agreement in TX from those Iā€™ve talked to.
Only one way to find out BRBlue, I would suggest that you take that document into a lawyer and if they agree, have them send a letter to the dealership pronto!
Sponsored