Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G Community. It is with a heavy heart and an empty garage that I share with you that Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista, Arizona canceled my Bronco order on 1/19/22, just 2 weeks from delivery (scheduled 1/31/22 - 2/6/22). For those of you who have followed the previous thread of you know that I challenged the dealership on the unnecessary "accessories" fees that included nitrogen air, window tint, a "karr" alarm and door edge guards for $1496.00 that were listed on my buyer's agreement. I asked that they remove the fees because I was not going to pay for unnecessary items that I neither need, nor want. Instead of reaching a compromise, such as the one I suggested in an email to the sales manager, the GM called me himself and said that he is cancelling my order because he cannot make me satisfied. Again, my deliver date is on or before 2/6/22!! So they get a brand new 2022 Ford Bronco to sell to another customer and I get nothing--after waiting nearly a year? How is that ok?

If you have not followed the previous thread, feel free to take a look: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ecessary-accessory-package.33789/post-1130402

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do other than what I have already done? I've left an accurate Google Review, contacted the AGs Office, BBB, "3 on your side," which is a local consumer support television station, and called every Ford customer service number I could find. I've reached out to local papers and Military/Veteran support groups (I'm a combat Veteran and served in the Gulf War). I'm open to suggestions at this point.
I had a bad feeling about this dealership months ago and requested a dealership transfer that never happened--unfortunately. And for those of you who don't know, I did my research (so I thought) and chose this dealership to support small, ,rural, family-owned business, which is 3 1/2 hours from my house over the 4 Ford dealerships within 20 minutes of my house!

@Ford, I would love for you to step in and make this right. How can a dealership cancel a Bronco two-weeks from delivery without the customer's consent? And nothing in writing. There was no additional negotiation or compromise, just a phone call "we're cancelling your order and there is nothing you can do."
I would say that the dealer agreed to the accessories that would be with your bronco at the time of order, anything added by the dealer after they accepted and processed your order is on them. I would think that since they accepted your order with the accessory‘s you specified they should have specified theses “required item’s “ at that time. Pay it and take them to small claim’s.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phead

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello Bronco6G Community. It is with a heavy heart and an empty garage that I share with you that Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista, Arizona canceled my Bronco order on 1/19/22, just 2 weeks from delivery (scheduled 1/31/22 - 2/6/22). For those of you who have followed the previous thread of you know that I challenged the dealership on the unnecessary "accessories" fees that included nitrogen air, window tint, a "karr" alarm and door edge guards for $1496.00 that were listed on my buyer's agreement. I asked that they remove the fees because I was not going to pay for unnecessary items that I neither need, nor want. Instead of reaching a compromise, such as the one I suggested in an email to the sales manager, the GM called me himself and said that he is cancelling my order because he cannot make me satisfied. Again, my deliver date is on or before 2/6/22!! So they get a brand new 2022 Ford Bronco to sell to another customer and I get nothing--after waiting nearly a year? How is that ok?

If you have not followed the previous thread, feel free to take a look: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ecessary-accessory-package.33789/post-1130402

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do other than what I have already done? I've left an accurate Google Review, contacted the AGs Office, BBB, "3 on your side," which is a local consumer support television station, and called every Ford customer service number I could find. I've reached out to local papers and Military/Veteran support groups (I'm a combat Veteran and served in the Gulf War). I'm open to suggestions at this point.
I had a bad feeling about this dealership months ago and requested a dealership transfer that never happened--unfortunately. And for those of you who don't know, I did my research (so I thought) and chose this dealership to support small, ,rural, family-owned business, which is 3 1/2 hours from my house over the 4 Ford dealerships within 20 minutes of my house!

@Ford, I would love for you to step in and make this right. How can a dealership cancel a Bronco two-weeks from delivery without the customer's consent? And nothing in writing. There was no additional negotiation or compromise, just a phone call "we're cancelling your order and there is nothing you can do."
Well you signed the papers and for an extra $1500 you crying about too bad order another one and wait longer

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A person that walked away over $1496? Yeah..OK
Look at the pay rates for the majority of the military. Some people still buy what they can afford on a budget. $1500 is different things to different people.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you have a written document with a down payment attached that details your buy and a order number from Ford.
If so get a attorney and sue the crap out of them.
If not, your screwed. Also in the fine print of the order with Ford it states that you don't own rights to the car until delivered.
My 2dr was built on the 14th of Dec and has been sitting in as out lot in Wayne ever since. No idea when it will ship to the dealer.
All this advice to "get a lawyer". Last I looked, they were $250-400/hr. Not sure that's sensible advice for a situation that started over $1496 - with no guarantee of winning - and a legal bill at the end to boot. I would hope someone would step up and do it pro bono - but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I'm personally hoping your consumer advocate at the TV station gets in your corner. @Go Devils deserves to get squared away... and the dealer needs to have their reputation publically smeared over this. Since timing is critical, this would also be one of the fastest flash-to-bang solutions.
Maybe we can appeal to the TV station on his behalf?
What's the contact information for the consumer advocate?

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at the pay rates for the majority of the military. Some people still buy what they can afford on a budget. $1500 is different things to different people.
Then they should be buying a car that starts at 38k-70k.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Op any update? Noticed the dealer has been pulling down/getting removed all negative reviews.
No updates. Just waiting.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this advice to "get a lawyer". Last I looked, they were $250-400/hr. Not sure that's sensible advice for a situation that started over $1496 - with no guarantee of winning - and a legal bill at the end to boot. I would hope someone would step up and do it pro bono - but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I'm personally hoping your consumer advocate at the TV station gets in your corner. @Go Devils deserves to get squared away... and the dealer needs to have their reputation publically smeared over this. Since timing is critical, this would also be one of the fastest flash-to-bang solutions.
Maybe we can appeal to the TV station on his behalf?
What's the contact information for the consumer advocate?
Legal is not cheap. Set up GoFundMe site and you may be surprised by what you get.

Sponsored

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Send FedEx letters to every Ford executive including Farley. Don't be nice. Tell them you are going to continue to share your story with the general public. If they don't support your efforts, buy something else and make sure to send letters with photo of your new Jeep or other vehicle to the same execs. At least you will feel better and trust me, there are many fine vehicles on the market. If Ford is going to survive and compete with Tesla, they will have to eliminate the dealer model.