First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See, it is threads like this that get my anxiety up for when my own Bronco is produced. < Aug 13, 2020 reservation, March 19, 2021 order conversion. >
I have had little contact with my sales rep, other than a few face to face meetings and phone calls. (My Bronco reservation was converted to an order on the last possible day when I called to check it's status...the dealer has never initiated contact with me.) Honestly...my sales rep knows less about the Bronco than I do, and that is 100% due to this forum.
I have spoken with the sales rep about my concerns of ADM, etc. and was assured that they do not mark them up....especially since I will be using the Z plan.
I did get him to initial the build sheet...but I have not had any conversations regarding an official purchase agreement, as I assumed that would take place upon delivery.
See...like many others here, I have never purchased a vehicle via reservation. I had assumed throughout this process that I was basically purchasing the vehicle directly from Ford, and the local dealer was the necessary middle-man as the local point of delivery. It never occurred to me that the dealer may add "accessories" or an ADM.
This confusion due to the sloppy reservation and delivery system has caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety and frustration from a community that ravenously wants the product.
I don't think Ford could've screwed this up more if it had been intentional.
I have always been a Ford fan (my father worked for Ford for more than 35 years) but this is definitely tarnishing the Blue Oval.
Hello and I agree that this builds anxiety in all of us. The important take away here is to ask for a purchase agreement as soon as you make your reservation (or asap). Be sure the dealership signs their copy and you sign your copy. That should give you some degree of relief (and sanity).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
haven't read the whole thread
a few things, 1- could be good to get a good lawyer involved. even a few hours of work while costly would get you the vehicle. 2-work hard on the local news team you contacted, a lawyer would soak up the attention for a business screwing a vet (thank you for your service!) 3- not the best solution, tell them that you are willing to pay dealer cost for the items they added.

in the context of shady dealers.$1496 is a pittance compared to the $20-$50k ADMs we have been seeing. Even if you only paid $1000 over, that's not horrible at the end of the day. You could also ask them if the $700 they are making on this stuff is actually worth losing a guy who could be a repeat customer?
I agree, but where do we draw the line? If 1500 is not too much, then what is? 2500? 5500? 10000? I am standing on the principle of "lets negotiate/compromise." If the dealership is unwilling to give it any consideration, that is not a dealership I want to work with.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sucks man. I left them a bad Google and yelp review as well.
Just for clarification to Lawley Ford, I did not ask the Bronco6G Community to leave negative reviews of your dealership. They were provided facts and they responded on their own. While I would never condone this behavior, consumers have the right to express their opinions.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think some of us are just incredulous, that not only did buyers not nail down a price when ordering, but apparently some did not even have that basic negotiation with the salesperson. It's like car buying 101. There is no set price, rather the buyer and seller negotiate and agree on a price. This is nothing new.

My useful thing to say is - research, research, research. Before buying my first new car a couple years ago, I spent many hours reading up, and watching YouTube videos on how to buy a new car, and what to watch out for. It was so helpful. A new car is one of the most expensive purchases a person will make in life - spend time getting prepared!

1642773189219.png
Hello and yes, I realize that research is important. Before I made my reservation, I called 8 different dealerships to ask them about their prices, fees, "extra deposits" etc... At the time, I felt comfortable with this dealership. It appears the salesman is new and did not know much. Obviously, this has now changed but there is not much I can do. I filed a transfer of dealership last year with no action from Ford, so here we are. The dealership gets the Bronco. I get to wait another 6-12 months to build a Bronco.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have they tried to reach out and make it right yet? They'll probably just keep replying to reviews and making their own fake reviews with 5 stars.

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, but where do we draw the line? If 1500 is not too much, then what is? 2500? 5500? 10000? I am standing on the principle of "lets negotiate/compromise." If the dealership is unwilling to give it any consideration, that is not a dealership I want to work with.
at what price are you willing to walk away from the car you have wanted?
like i said, offer them to pay cost since they chose to add these items to make money in a bad market at your expense. If they won't budge ask if the $700 they are making (or slightly more) on this stuff is really worth the negative relationship with you in the days of social media. you can be their biggest fan or biggest critic... for $700 they are being stupid, for $1500 so are you in this current market.

i had to pay $2k on a friggin $27k hyundai for my mother, ADM, not an alarm or anything.. the market sucks, be happy they arent really raping you, i agree on principal.. i am THAT guy

The Story Till Now

Badlands
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an actual strategy that dealerships use. They will irritate you until they can claim you are difficult to deal with and refuse to do business with you, so that they can sell your vehicle to another customer for a higher price. I've seen it happen with another Bronco in my area. It's a super shady way of doing business, but unfortunately a lot of dealerships are shady.

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey thank you very much. Appreciate the insight and great info!

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The prices on those trackers is all over the place. Mine was 2k less than msrp, others have seen their trackers add 10k to their price. It doesn’t mean a thing. When you get your window sticker, it will reflect the real price.
I got a response from the co-owner last night via text: "I forwarded your email to the regional sales manager to get clarification including how to handle the MSRP price protection. Ford has lacked any communication with dealers on how to handle that. Once I hear back, i'll update you. I did not add anything to your order that you didn't ask for. However, as with everything right now, i know that price increases are inevitable due to supplier issues. I'll keep you updated".

Now I just wait for the window sticker. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have they tried to reach out and make it right yet? They'll probably just keep replying to reviews and making their own fake reviews with 5 stars.
Nothing yet. I'm not holding my breath. I've noticed that my own Google review has magically disappeared!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
at what price are you willing to walk away from the car you have wanted?
like i said, offer them to pay cost since they chose to add these items to make money in a bad market at your expense. If they won't budge ask if the $700 they are making (or slightly more) on this stuff is really worth the negative relationship with you in the days of social media. you can be their biggest fan or biggest critic... for $700 they are being stupid, for $1500 so are you in this current market.

i had to pay $2k on a friggin $27k hyundai for my mother, ADM, not an alarm or anything.. the market sucks, be happy they arent really raping you, i agree on principal.. i am THAT guy
Unfortunately, I did not walk away. I asked to negotiate and they responded with a phone call to let me know they are canceling my order (but keeping the Bronco).

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, I did not walk away. I asked to negotiate and they responded with a phone call to let me know they are canceling my order (but keeping the Bronco).
i would walk in - tell them to honor your order and work it out, or that you are suing for injunctive relief, you can explain that this means you are going to ask a court to hold up the disputed item until resolution is reached.. a court would do this because they are applying coercion under the duress that they will sell it to someone else.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A person that walked away over $1496? Yeah..OK
1496 more than the original verbal agreement. The problem here is society and not being able to trust a dealership with a good reputation up to this point. Nobody is good on their word anymore. I'm honestly sick of companies bending over consumers. As consumers, we are their bread and butter and should be treated as such.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know everyone has mixed feelings about Mike but did you try contacting Mike Levine or Jim Farley? They hangout on Twitter a good bit, you may be able to send one or both a message to see if they can help. Worth a shot if you havent.