Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

why was I under the impression that Ford told the dealers they needed to honor the MSRP and no price gauging.
Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realistically, do you really think you can get such a hot vehicle at invoice? Not like you're a fleet customer, just another customer.

Although I literally HATE car dealerships, salesmen, the entire industry, I have to respect that dealerships are in the business to make money, by selling vehicles at a profit.

These days even used cars are marked up to crazy amounts, so yes, that new, hot Bronco you've ordered is going to be sold at MSRP. Want a deal? Buy that Explorer that's dusty in the corner.

Yes, I am stating that you and anyone else should be happy with MSRP and not $5K-$10K over MSRP which will happen and IS HAPPENING.

I'm a first time Ford customer and customer to Jim Ellis Ford. They said they would honor MSRP and nothing over and I said we can agree on that, but I still have to face the finance guy and his attempts at adding extras.

For the record, I've never purchased anything at sticker. All of our Bimmers have been purchased new and I negotiate hard. However, I can read the room of this Bronco and understand how this business works, the global business situation we're in, and need for this large automotive sales group dealership to make a profit. My leverage was always compromised because I can't walk, thus the compromise that we both can live with.

The dealerships shouldn't be greedy, but neither should we.
Several are getting them $1000.00 under invoice from what I have been reading. I will be happy with MSRP, however , does it hurt to try to get invoice? Which all I am doing is trying to save a few bucks.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several are getting them $1000.00 under invoice from what I have been reading. I will be happy with MSRP, however , does it hurt to try to get invoice? Which all I am doing is trying to save a few bucks.
In a strange situation like this, you as the customer have nothing to hold over the dealership; none of us do. They have us by the short n curlys.

$1000 under invoice is something I've read, but not sure I believe. More like for $1000 OVER invoice, which is about $2500 under MSRP.

This isn't a luxury car. There is no "super" profit built into the price of manufacturing as some think. A Benz has a crazy mark up, yes, but R&D is a heavier investment as well.

This is a Ford. Yes, there is profit, but not a lot. $1000 "under" invoice would likely be losing money for the dealership, so they have absolutely no incentive to do that. Particularly wouldn't do it for the Bronco. It would be more profitable for them to do something to make you walk so they can then sell your Bronco. This will happen; a lot, so be careful and again, don't be greedy.

Sponsored

Deleted member 19381

The ultimate come-back is to tell them to shove it up their @$$ and go buy another vehicle somewhere else. I will do exactly that if my chosen dealership pulls that crap on me.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Recently I was informed by my dealer that they were changing a policy to charge “market value” rather than MSRP. I specifically went with this dealer because they originally promised they wouldn’t up charge the bronco and would only charge MSRP. Of course they made this change and informed order holders after the deadline to change dealers. Anyone else being faced with this issue? Several legal issues come to mind with this tactic not to mention consumer protection issues.
WHEN THEY TOOK YOUR MONEY THEY MADE A CONTRACT. JUST SUE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What you have here is a bunch of finder company's willing to pay way over list.

That's when dealer loyalty goes out the window, and we who have been waiting get screwed.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While dealers should not gouge us above MSRP, I’m amazed anyone expects a discount below MSRP on a high-demand relaunch of the Bronco after 25 years.

Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In a strange situation like this, you as the customer have nothing to hold over the dealership; none of us do. They have us by the short n curlys.

$1000 under invoice is something I've read, but not sure I believe. More like for $1000 OVER invoice, which is about $2500 under MSRP.

This isn't a luxury car. There is no "super" profit built into the price of manufacturing as some think. A Benz has a crazy mark up, yes, but R&D is a heavier investment as well.

This is a Ford. Yes, there is profit, but not a lot. $1000 "under" invoice would likely be losing money for the dealership, so they have absolutely no incentive to do that. Particularly wouldn't do it for the Bronco. It would be more profitable for them to do something to make you walk so they can then sell your Bronco. This will happen; a lot, so be careful and again, don't be greedy.
What about the dealers on this forum offering $1K below or 3% below invoice? Do you think it’s a scam?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get they want to get the Mach E out there, but why not the same price protections for the bronco. Especially with how res holders been dick around for a year. A lot of us have been extremely patient with Ford. I have a feeling I’m going to be seeing a lot of posts about dealers pulling the old switcharoo when people go to pick up their Broncos.
The difference is that they are building stock units for the Mach-E and Bronco is only customer orders for the time being. The price should of been agreed to in writing at the time of the order when we still had leverage to go somewhere else.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They have you by the short hairs now if you didn't lock in a price...but before ordering, when you could switch dealers with your reservation, you had plenty of leverage....and yes, many, many, many people have below invoice deals locked in, in writing. Believe what you want with that (some people are in denial)....but it is pretty typical pricing for an average vehicle, and some dealers decided to offer it to get a whole bunch more allocations for Bronco than they would have gotten without the deal...and it worked for them and for their customers. People are taking delivery now with those deals in place and executed....

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the dealers on this forum offering $1K below or 3% below invoice? Do you think it’s a scam?
I just think it's a lie.

I'm fine to be wrong and I hope you can get such a deal out of a dealership; would be awesome actually.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have you by the short hairs now if you didn't lock in a price...but before ordering, when you could switch dealers with your reservation, you had plenty of leverage....and yes, many, many, many people have below invoice deals locked in, in writing. Believe what you want with that (some people are in denial)....but it is pretty typical pricing for an average vehicle, and some dealers decided to offer it to get a whole bunch more allocations for Bronco than they would have gotten without the deal...and it worked for them and for their customers. People are taking delivery now with those deals in place and executed....
My price is "locked" or agreed upon, so I'm good. I live in a highly competitive market also; Atlanta. I don't keep up with all the allocation gymnastics because I didn't reserve on day 1; it was like day 6 I think. My Bronco is also pretty loaded to not be a First Edition, so there is profit to be made off of my sale which is just fine. I just wasn't going to pay more than MSRP and I won't be.
Sponsored