Sponsored

Dealership Converted Reservation to an Order Without Permission...

JPEREZ3985

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posting this for a friend and want to get your opinion. But is the screenshot posted below saying the dealership converted his reservation to an order? My friend never went into the dealership to order his Bronco and has been trying to get ahold of someone and they are not returning calls. Just wanted any input before escalating to Ford.

Ford Bronco Dealership Converted Reservation to an Order Without Permission... 1645055874814
Sponsored

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep, happened to me as well. Stole my first edition reservation. Dealership told me it was an error in their system so I didn’t do anything about it, but turns out they just kept lying to me and it was in fact my order. I would contact Ford to see if they can assist.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would probably be easier to go in person than reach them on the phone. Probably haven't heard from him in so long they hoped he forgot he even ordered one.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posting this for a friend and want to get your opinion. But is the screenshot posted below saying the dealership converted his reservation to an order? My friend never went into the dealership to order his Bronco and has been trying to get ahold of someone and they are not returning calls. Just wanted any input before escalating to Ford.

Ford Bronco Dealership Converted Reservation to an Order Without Permission... 1645055874814
Was your friend planning on using the reservation?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it out of the realm of possibility to actually go to the dealership and straighten things out before flying off the handle and escalating to Ford?

Sponsored
OP
OP

JPEREZ3985

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Herbie
Yes, my friend was planning on converting the reservation.

Easy-v
Yes, the plan is to go to the dealership first before going to Ford. Just wanted another opinion on the process and what we were seeing as this is all new to us.

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So I am the Bronco coordinator for a Ford dealership in Michigan. I've handled every aspect of the bronco roll out for our dealership as well as being a bronco owner and enthusiastist. There are a lot of shady dealers and a lot of honorable dealers. I can't tell you which one you have yet but I can give a potentially reasonable explanation. Early on (think winter of 2020) we as a dealership we're encouraged by Ford to convert any and all reservations to orders. At the to time they had given us a code that would put the converted reservation into a holding pattern. It was thought that the more converted orders you'd have the more it would benefit our allocation formula for the model year. At that time there was no permissions required to convert a reservation. Later after Ford received feedback from customers that they changed there process and required an additional approval from the reservation holder before conversation.

SO... It's entirely possible the order is sitting there in a 99 status waiting for you. I've personally got 25+ orders just like that at my store. It's also entirely possible they already ordered a unit using your reservation and it's been delivered. Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

David
Sponsored