Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you your own Subject Matter Expert, or SME?
Do you know more about your prospective product than the sales associate?
Its like going to the auto parts store and telling the kid behind the counter to move over and you will find the thing yourself.
Shouldnt dealerships should have employees learn the product they are going to sell.
Why should I have to explain to the associate that I am buying the Bronco, not the Bronco Sport, not an Escape/Explorer/Expedition either.
Why doesnt anyone but the customer know that Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outerbanks, Badlands, Wild Trak are trim levels, and not other vehicles.
I had an email correspondence where I had to explain all this with screen shots.
Am I the asshole for going full Karen on these morons?

Screenshot_20201129-162536_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been the least bit impressed by any salesman I've talked to so far. But then again, not a one I've talked to has a reservation for Bronco.

We know more than they do, because we are interested in Bronco. They are interested in making a sale, and when they start seeing the ?? changing hands, they'll start learning Bronco.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Turnover in the automotive sales world is astronomical. The sales guy helping you today probably wasn’t in this job a month ago and likely won’t be a month from now. That said, I’m always astounded that even the rare long-termers seem to know little about the product they’re selling. It’s a strange business.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Turnover in the automotive sales world is astronomical. The sales guy helping you today probably wasn’t in this job a month ago and likely won’t be a month from now. That said, I’m always astounded that even the rare long-termers seem to know little about the product they’re selling. It’s a strange business.
Dinosaur business model
Carvanna is a precursor, to the future

Last edited:

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling most sales people won’t be learning details until the Broncos are on the sales floor.
It’s understandable to feel frustrated.

Last edited:

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The next salesman that actually "sells" me a car/vehicle will be the first. They are transaction associates and that's it. It's a dying business model that has out lived it's usefulness. Many apologies to Albert, as he's the only one in the U.S. that doesn't fall into the category above.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has been great. I have not probed to learn how much he knows, but I am confident that when the dealer ordering tool comes up he'll have answers to any questions I may have....

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The next salesman that actually "sells" me a car/vehicle will be the first. They are transaction associates and that's it. It's a dying business model that has out lived it's usefulness. Many apologies to Albert, as he's the only one in the U.S. that doesn't fall into the category above.
There are a few good ones out there. Way too few though.

A post I just made a few days ago on another forum, about a salesman I dealt with 5 years ago.

When I ordered my Wrangler, from a dealer 2 hours away from me, as my local dealer was just plain lazy, and wouldn't order my jeep, I was set up with a newer salesman. From when I arrived and looked at Wranglers on the lot, until we sat down to confirm my order, I was explaining to him all the various differences between the models, he was writing in a note pad. I asked him what he was writing down? He told me he was writing everything down that I was telling him, so he could do his job better. That kind of threw me for a loop. He let me know that a fair amount of the info I had told him, was not in the literature he was given on them.

After he sent in the order, I asked him to do a few things for me. No dealer stickers or decals on the vehicle. If he could, get pictures of it on the truck. 6 weeks later he followed through. I took delivery with no stickers on it and he sent some video of it after it arrived, as he wasn't there when the truck came in.

I know he doesn't fit the mold for 99% of all car salesman out there, but he sure busted his butt to make a sale with me.

Also, kudos @noahr he works at a dealership, spends time on the forum learning about his product, and helping others, if they have any questions. There are a few people here like that.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I more often will know more about the product im buying than the sales person, but there is room there to just deliver a quality experience. Too often now, you won't get either. I think that is the major issue.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you your own Subject Matter Expert, or SME?
Do you know more about your prospective product than the sales associate?
Its like going to the auto parts store and telling the kid behind the counter to move over and you will find the thing yourself.
Shouldnt dealerships should have employees learn the product they are going to sell.
Why should I have to explain to the associate that I am buying the Bronco, not the Bronco Sport, not an Escape/Explorer/Expedition either.
Why doesnt anyone but the customer know that Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outerbanks, Badlands, Wild Trak are trim levels, and not other vehicles.
I had an email correspondence where I had to explain all this with screen shots.
Am I the asshole for going full Karen on these morons?

Screenshot_20201129-162536_Chrome.jpg
I mean, I can’t really blame him for being confused and thinking you wanted one of those other vehicles...

Right now, somewhere on a car salesman forum, a Ford employee is complaining about how some customer came in insisting he wanted to buy a car that can’t even be ordered yet.

;)

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys. I'm black. And I don't really know if thats influenced my experiences at dealerships but I certainly suspect it.
Everytime I've stepped into a Ford dealership, nobody has greeted me

The first time. The sales men actually hot potato'ed me between them on who would take me. That left quite the impression. It burned, can't lie. I was there to try and negotiate a deal with the new Bronco. This was at the Ford in Conshohocken Pennsylvania. And yes I will gladly call them out in the interest that they improve.

The second time was this past weekend. I went to koch ford in Bethlehem... straight to their counter. Nobody was at the counter but their sales people saw me for sure. Nobody came to greet me until I called their number and finally someone came over.

I'm so grateful that as we transition to an online world more and more, I can score awesome deals like I have with brewster Ford in long Island. They don't know me from Adam or Joseph and served me with respect. I hate to throw the race card but I can only imagine that with pale skin and straight hair, I'd get real customer service like I'm used to when I deal with online customer agents ??

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I honestly don't expect the salesman to know what I know about the vehicle - if we're on this forum, then we're the exception (obsessive compulsive much?).

Btw, I'm very happy with my dealership, but I also don't expect them to be able to tell me things about the bronco.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys. I'm black. And I don't really know if thats influenced my experiences at dealerships but I certainly suspect it.
Everytime I've stepped into a Ford dealership, nobody has greeted me
Don't worry. It's not your skin color. My local Ford dealer has been like that on multiple occasions. I'm just a skinny white guy walking with a cane.

First time I go there and talk to a guy and tell them I want to order a 45K + 2018 Mustang GT and to call me when you can order them. Never heard back. They lost a sale and I bought a Challenger.

Second time was 2 weeks ago and I talk to a guy about giving him my info, for when or if they get any Bronco trainers in. I got bounced around a few guys. One salesman asked me if I even wanted his FE reservation.

Not impressed with anyone there so far, but it seems their service center is pretty good.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry. It's not your skin color. My local Ford dealer has been like that on multiple occasions. I'm just a skinny white guy walking with a cane.

First time I go there and talk to a guy and tell them I want to order a 45K + 2018 Mustang GT and to call me when you can order them. Never heard back. They Lost a sale and I bought a Challenger.

Second time was 2 weeks ago and I talk to a guy about giving him my info, for when or if they get any Bronco trainers in. I got bounced around a few guys. One salesman asked me if I even wanted his FE reservation.

Not impressed with anyone there so far, but it seems their service center is pretty good.
Thats really a damn shame. Truly a Dinosaur business model
Sponsored