Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone,
I placed my order back in October of 2021. I went in person and gave all the required information that the sales guy asked. He told me there was a long wait time and I knew that, and he would contact me as the build date got closer. 6 months go by and I do not hear from the dealer, so I contact them and even go in person to find out they forgot to place the order.
The sales guy remembers me, remembers the build we did together and remembers our conversation, but for whatever reason does not know why or what happened to the order.
Now the orders for 2022 Broncos are closed and Ive been cheated out of my place in line for the Bronco. The sales guy took copies of documents from me, but now can't find any of them. and he gave me some documents as a copy but I can't find it either.

I don't know what to do now.
I know what you can do now
wait until October and order a 2023 model.

If it were a day or week or so then yeah, blame the dealer but you’re talking well over a year since Oct 2021. You are the one to blame. You failed to check on your order for the last year and a half. Even a single phone call during that time to the dealer to get a status would’ve told you there was a problem but you didn’t do that. Another red flag is that you never received an email from Ford. Everyone on this forum talks about their emails from Ford and you didn’t get one. That should’ve been a clue. Lastly, you didn’t get your order from the dealer printed out. You should know by now, if it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen. This is true for all Bronco orders.
Now, I absolutely hate dealers. Any search for my previous posts will show that I hate the salesmen, managerial staff, finance, and certainly the service departments but in this case, you must assume all responsibility. After a year and a half with no follow-up, you failed yourself.

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it were a day or week or so then yeah, blame the dealer but you’re talking well over a year since Oct 2021. You are the one to blame. You failed to check on your order for the last year and a half.
Someone forgot how to read a calendar! And now you sound like a real asshole.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The orders are closed because they cannot fulfill them all as it is. Nothing can be done, imho.
I think Ford can do whatever they want....and if the Ford rep goes to bat, it can be done.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford can do whatever they want....and if the Ford rep goes to bat, it can be done.
A good ending would be nice to hear.

Last edited:

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, the accountability falls on the failure of the buyer. With no follow-up, it’s your fault. That’s business 101 in any profession/industry. Unless your expectation is to fail, nothing in life is “fire and forget”.
This is ridiculous. Business 101 in any profession/industry is take care of the customer. Yes, OP should have followed up when he didn't get an email confirmation. But the dealership is the one that should focus on customer service and Business 101 principles.

And people criticize the Granger group because we chose a dealer with up front pricing and outstanding service/communication.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If it were a day or week or so then yeah, blame the dealer but you’re talking well over a year since Oct 2021. You are the one to blame. You failed to check on your order for the last year and a half. Even a single phone call during that time to the dealer to get a status would’ve told you there was a problem but you didn’t do that. Another red flag is that you never received an email from Ford. Everyone on this forum talks about their emails from Ford and you didn’t get one. That should’ve been a clue. Lastly, you didn’t get your order from the dealer printed out. You should know by now, if it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen. This is true for all Bronco orders.
Now, I absolutely hate dealers. Any search for my previous posts will show that I hate the salesmen, managerial staff, finance, and certainly the service departments but in this case, you must assume all responsibility. After a year and a half with no follow-up, you failed yourself.
In Canada we do not get the email

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello everyone,
I placed my order back in October of 2021. I went in person and gave all the required information that the sales guy asked. He told me there was a long wait time and I knew that, and he would contact me as the build date got closer. 6 months go by and I do not hear from the dealer, so I contact them and even go in person to find out they forgot to place the order.
The sales guy remembers me, remembers the build we did together and remembers our conversation, but for whatever reason does not know why or what happened to the order.
Now the orders for 2022 Broncos are closed and Ive been cheated out of my place in line for the Bronco. The sales guy took copies of documents from me, but now can't find any of them. and he gave me some documents as a copy but I can't find it either.

I don't know what to do now.
Did you give a deposit? You placed an order and left the dealer with no confirmation?

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have nothing from the dealer conformation-wise. I stopped by there on the weekend, and they have no info but they do have a record of my order, I have asked them for a copy of my DORA but am still waiting. I have nothing from ford Canada themselves and I need the dora for them to look into it

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Walk-in orders will only get the confirmation email, scheduling email, built, and shipped emails, if the dealer successfully put in the order with your email address. I'm not sure about the baby picture.
I placed my order with the dealer on 11/2/2021. My dealer texted me on 12/18 with an update and screenshot from his system showing a VIN had been assigned. I received my vehicle a couple of weeks ago.

I never received emails, texts, phone calls or pictures from Ford. I also never had anything show up on my Ford account. I think the only (somewhat) consistent communication was for reservation holders wrt the baby pictures. Dealer orders seem to be all over the place; so not receiving emails and relying on what the sales rep said is a rational and acceptable thing to do.

Sorry this happened to you and I hope you get to enjoy a Bronco in the near future.

OP
OP

057danny

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you give a deposit? You placed an order and left the dealer with no confirmation?
I asked the sales rep if I needed to put down a deposit and he told me no. So I took his word for it. But anyway after filing a formal complaint, the dealer seems to have fixed the issue after admitting fault. They will squeeze in my order in the batch with the other orders from that time frame. Im awaiting confirmation.
Sponsored