Sponsored

Dealership just called...now I need advice.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full discourse that I have felt since the allocation info has been released I was gonna be an outside shot for a 21. I am a Aug 8th reservation holder, Badlands, dual top, 2.7, Lux, tow and non SAS.

I normally wouldn’t think anything about this call, but reading posts lately about how Ford has been filling orders has me thinking.

My salesman called back in Feb/Mar and said I should switch to soft top (placed a MIC dual top order) to better increase our chances of getting a 21.

So today he calls and says that I should stick with the dual top order, because the MIC tops are gonna be pricey if ordered later. And that I still could possibly slide into a 21.

My question....Is this just ploy by the dealership to push some customers (me) down the list farther so they can get some non-reservation holder builds on their lot so they can charge $15k over sticker?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Regardless of motivation, I was under the impression no dual top orders would be delivered in MY21.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of motivation, I was under the impression no dual top orders would be delivered in MY21.
This is correct -dual top is a no-go for 21MY. MIC is possible. Soft Top is possible/most probable for 21MY. Both is not possible from the factory.

Soft top w/ the prep-pack will get you the hookups and you can always go aftermarket or factory with a hardtop later on down the line.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not only will you not get a MY21 if you want a dual top, you will not get a 22 either. Straight from the Ford Friday email, dual tops are not available until MY23.
Ford Bronco Dealership just called...now I need advice. 73DD1656-8909-44B2-B404-EB0AB9FB57D7

Based on your reservation date and your other commodities, IMO the only way you are getting a 21 is to select the soft top. MIC will almost certainly put you in a 22.

Edit to add two things: 1.) I don’t think this is a ploy by your dealer. Most likely just an idiot. 2.) While they are most likely an idiot, a MIC top is going to be expensive to get after the fact. (I think it’s going to cost more plus freight than a lot of people here realize.)

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If u want a 21 bronco go with just the soft top. You have several constraints that could push it to 22.

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I don’t have an answer to the original question (how would anyone outside your dealership know their true intention). I want to know the answer to this question, why can’t Ford let dual top orders go out with soft tops and keep the hard top on back order until it can be delivered? Seems silly to me that they can’t. A lot of buyers like me would gladly upgrade to dual tops pay now, get the Bronco with a soft top and then pick up the hard top when supplies permit.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question....Is this just ploy by the dealership to push some customers (me) down the list farther so they can get some non-reservation holder builds on their lot so they can charge $15k over sticker?
Did you get a copy of the build sheet from your dealer?

If this number on it is greater than 19, or the order doesn't match what you think you ordered, they are screwing with you.

Ford Bronco Dealership just called...now I need advice. 1624900358128

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Full discourse that I have felt since the allocation info has been released I was gonna be an outside shot for a 21. I am a Aug 8th reservation holder, Badlands, dual top, 2.7, Lux, tow and non SAS.

I normally wouldn’t think anything about this call, but reading posts lately about how Ford has been filling orders has me thinking.

My salesman called back in Feb/Mar and said I should switch to soft top (placed a MIC dual top order) to better increase our chances of getting a 21.

So today he calls and says that I should stick with the dual top order, because the MIC tops are gonna be pricey if ordered later. And that I still could possibly slide into a 21.

As currently built with dual-tops your order is not clean and therefore not buildable in MY21. Your dealer should have reached out to you weeks ago to remove the dual-top option and replace with either MIC or soft top. Because it is not clean you are likely a 99 at this point anyway so nothing will happen for MY21. If it were my order I would clean it up so that it didn't cause issues as things shift to MY22 ordering later in the fall; anyway who knows, if you go soft top you might get lucky later in the year with a MY21 build.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If .... on this forum.... there are members unaware of how the MIC Top,, Mod Top/Dual Top options have played out and what the current situation is...
Then.... the general public situation is going to turn into an EPIC example of an explosive cluster fuck, the likes of which they will be discussing for decades.

Unreal.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As currently built with dual-tops your order is not clean and therefore not buildable in MY21. Your dealer should have reached out to you weeks ago to remove the dual-top option and replace with either MIC or soft top. Because it is not clean you are likely a 99 at this point anyway so nothing will happen for MY21. If it were my order I would clean it up so that it didn't cause issues as things shift to MY22 ordering later in the fall; anyway who knows, if you go soft top you might get lucky later in the year with a MY21 build.
Actually, it can be a Priority Code 19 with options that are not buildable. The status is considered "Unscheduled-Compatibility" in this case and it won't have a chance to go into "Preview" by Ford until it is "Unscheduled-Clean" (meaning all chosen options are buildable).

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want a shot at a 2021....go soft top. Agreed with everyone else... you are looking at a 2023 if you stick with dual tops. I have no clue what his motivation is, but he should know better, and should have access to the information Ford sent out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If .... on this forum.... there are members unaware of how the MIC Top,, Mod Top/Dual Top options have played out and what the current situation is...
Then.... the general public situation is going to turn into an EPIC example of an explosive cluster fuck, the likes of which they will be discussing for decades.

Unreal.
Wasn’t sure whether to laugh, thumbs up, or angry this one - because it is a great observation 👍, sort of humorous 😂, and maddening 😡 all at the same time.

I don’t even know how Ford is going to land this CF in the long run. Maybe full production and dealer inventory in 2022 couple with enough people losing patience and moving on gets them there.

I really wonder how many orders in the system are solid orders (vs ghost orders) at this point.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Unreal.
Agree. With the level of communication from most dealers, I suspect there are tens of thousands of folks who are in the dark with the tops and constraints issue. Sitting patiently for a bronco that may not come for a long time.