Sponsored

Dealership just called...now I need advice.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Full discourse that I have felt since the allocation info has been released I was gonna be an outside shot for a 21. I am a Aug 8th reservation holder, Badlands, dual top, 2.7, Lux, tow and non SAS.

I normally wouldn’t think anything about this call, but reading posts lately about how Ford has been filling orders has me thinking.

My salesman called back in Feb/Mar and said I should switch to soft top (placed a MIC dual top order) to better increase our chances of getting a 21.

So today he calls and says that I should stick with the dual top order, because the MIC tops are gonna be pricey if ordered later. And that I still could possibly slide into a 21.

My question....Is this just ploy by the dealership to push some customers (me) down the list farther so they can get some non-reservation holder builds on their lot so they can charge $15k over sticker?
I agree with one thing your Dealer said; the MICs will be pricey later and the shipping cost....huge! Me; I live in Oregon....we get enough cold and rain here that a soft top is just not an option for me. I would suggest you decide based on where you live, weather conditions, how you plan to use your Bronco. Remember too, soft tops will eventually need to be replaced....that cost will be big also. Me...............I am leaving my order alone.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If .... on this forum.... there are members unaware of how the MIC Top,, Mod Top/Dual Top options have played out and what the current situation is...
Then.... the general public situation is going to turn into an EPIC example of an explosive cluster fuck, the likes of which they will be discussing for decades.

Unreal.
100% accurate. When the 80% of folks having orders are not on a major forum and aren't told by their dealer about changing orders to avoid waiting, literally years extra, the reaction they will inflict upon dealers when dealer stock is released in 4 months or so will be Old Testament Biblical Wrath stuff. The dealers will blame Ford and it will be ugly.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yep....at least you have documentation that they will honor pricing. You could get the square tire option, delivered in 2021 or if you want round tires, that will be a delivery scheduled for sometime between 2023 and when hell freezes over. You take the good with the bad, but at least they provided options.

OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks folks!

I did see that dual tops would be ‘23 model years, but I misunderstood that date was for the soft with modular (painted) tops.

I made the switch to MIC only, better chance of getting a ‘21 and soft will be easier to buy later (aftermarket might have some good stuff).

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can 100% bank on a hardtop later is going to cost big $$$.
A lot of people keep pointing this out, but what is a year of your time worth?

Wait. Are we talking mod tops, or are we talking about putting in an order for an MIC top? If someone wants the MIC top, that's an easy wait. The mod top is too far away.

OP
OP
Mustang_75_99

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don’t have an answer to the original question (how would anyone outside your dealership know their true intention). I want to know the answer to this question, why can’t Ford let dual top orders go out with soft tops and keep the hard top on back order until it can be delivered? Seems silly to me that they can’t. A lot of buyers like me would gladly upgrade to dual tops pay now, get the Bronco with a soft top and then pick up the hard top when supplies permit.
Very true, I would totally do that get soft now knowing that I can get the MIC later built into my price and financing.
Sponsored