Sponsored

Dealership Markup. Loganville Ford Sucks!!! UPDATE: They made it right!!

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, whether there was paperwork or not, the dealership should be upfront when taking the order and disclose ADM before accepting the order, or send the customer to a dealer that does not add ADM. That's the fair way to do business, not wait untill the order is on the delivery phase and then, bam! "Oh, heres the ADM tithe bag to fill before picking up your order"!. Very unbecoming. Hope in the next dealership retreat in Florida, the bad dealerships are gonna lick the wounds of bad reviews and learn their lessons.

Ford on their part should have given the reservation holders and their dealers a checklist to prevent and avoid conflict and bad experience during the process. I'm sure there are a few smart folks in Dearborn who must have foreseen this greed and obstinacy from a Cadre of dealers, but did nothing to prevent it.
Outwardly Ford is "appalled" by dealers and the ADM but at the end of the day they are powerless to do anything about it. Ford "sells" the vehicles to the dealers for list (probably 3-6K) below msrp in which the dealers sells to you/us. Lets not forget that these vultures are making money on the finance as well whether its a less or purchase.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MonroeBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 2021 Mach-E, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Walking away is easy. If you look at this logically instead of emotionally you can walk away. I did and would do it again. At the end of the day its just a vehicle, not a kidney....
Our society at large has become way to cozy with instant gratification, at any cost so.....
Glad you could take that position. I've done the same over the years and will in the future but I wasn't able too in this situation, as previous posts stated, this was a Christmas Present for my wife and her 1st ever "new" car, so yeah I could have walked away with a crying, upset, devastated wife that had been waiting for her 1st ever new car at 43 years old, that she wanted for a year and had been ordered since July. So either you're not married or a stronger person than me, disappointing my wife of 16+years isn't high on my agenda, not after everything she does for me.

Pharaoh Edge

Badlands
First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good job guys. Hope this doesn't continue happening with other dealerships as well. Unfortunately it probably will, and we will just have to keep doing the same thing.

Enjoy the Bronco Monroe.

ABar

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Changed my 1 star to a 4 star and updated that the dealer made it right. Hopefully everyone else updates or deletes their 1 star review. I like the update vs delete since its still a "hey don't forget about this one time". Those that are ordering Mach-E's, Lighting's,or something else might want to see some of this, because I'm sure it'll happen with those as well. But lets hope not. Maybe other dealers will learn from this.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Round of applause to everyone who helped in this situation. Sounds like the GM/Real Owner was unaware of the situation. I'm sure once they read how petty and juvenile the Google Review Responses were from their stand in "owner" they had a discussion with that individual as well.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you could take that position. I've done the same over the years and will in the future but I wasn't able too in this situation, as previous posts stated, this was a Christmas Present for my wife and her 1st ever "new" car, so yeah I could have walked away with a crying, upset, devastated wife that had been waiting for her 1st ever new car at 43 years old, that she wanted for a year and had been ordered since July. So either you're not married or a stronger person than me, disappointing my wife of 16+years isn't high on my agenda, not after everything she does for me.
married for 20+ yrs. I get it ... I waited like everybody else, watched the sea of ever changing build dates, tracked the build when the mods popped and then tracked from map to here in jersey. Even walked around it to inspect it when they were closed to be sure it was "mine", So I know the feeling of disappointment when the dealer refused to honor our original deal. Hey tells me all dealers are charging an ADM fee so told him to get fucked. Found an honest dealer and I'll wait a little longer. A principle is a hard thing to comprise....

Oh and my wife understands life the way I do... if your told to expect one thing and another is happening then either except it and move on or walk away...

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad to have (maybe) helped with a review. I just updated mine and changed it to 3 stars. The real lesson here is for anyone who has not taken delivery yet and does not already have a purchasing agreement with price. If that's you, DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOUR BRONCO IS READY TO BE PICKED UP. This is when you have the least control. Contact them now and ensure that they haven't "decided" to add ADM. Write down people's names, get it in writing. If they insist that they are adding ADM, then you still have time to work the problem. Do not cancel your order. Build a healthy relationship with your dealer (but still get it in writing).

BUCKNUT1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I probably would have had to pull my wife out of the dealership because she would have came unglued on them. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's not a pretty sight. šŸ¤£ Glad everything worked out!!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm fixing too fix it. Had to leave the office for a meeting. The GM called sincerely apologized and was going to give me the $3k back immediately. I told him to give me the extended warranty and we'd call it even, since it was actually a little over $3k and he gave 2 years of maintenance. I actually believed him when he said he was unaware of the issue or would have addressed it sooner. Apparently, there is a lack of communication at the dealership...no crap.

I'm glad the matter is resolved but still pissed I had to go through this. Thanks everyone for helping get this resolved and for also helping bring attention to those that have orders in that probably called their dealers to make sure they won't be getting any surprises when their Bronco comes. She's a BEAST and can't wait to put the top down this weekend.
I wouldā€™ve taken his $3K and purchased the 8 year 100K mile warranty from Flood Ford for $1800.

Regardless, Iā€™m happy the OP got a good resolution and Iā€™m also very happy that Chatham Ford didnā€˜t pull any shit like this on my transaction.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Went to pickup Bronco Big Bend and dealership marked price up $3k and refused to remove it. Basically said they didnā€™t care because if I didnā€™t buy it they would have it sold in an hour. Donā€™t buy from Loganville Ford.

Those with reservations that havenā€™t picked up yet may want to call your dealership so you can have the argument before your Bronco gets here.

Do something good I may tell 1 or 2 people. Screw me over and Iā€™ll tell the world.

UPDATE: They called me and made it right! Power in numbers! Thanks for all the help!
49A23976-A767-45A9-8B99-102E67A557D2.jpeg

CD27F83A-2030-462B-AE8C-3B80130E0477.jpeg
Yelp removed my post on your dealer so saved me the hassle... ha... glad it worked out for you. Enjoy that black beast. Looks great.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldā€™ve taken his $3K and purchased the 8 year 100K mile warranty from Flood Ford for $1800.

Regardless, Iā€™m happy the OP got a good resolution and Iā€™m also very happy that Chatham Ford didnā€˜t pull any shit like this on my transaction.
Also I'm not sure I'd want two years of maintenance from those crooks, especially after I very publicly shamed them. Not sure I would trust them.
Sponsored