Sponsored

Dealership Markup. Loganville Ford Sucks!!! UPDATE: They made it right!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a troll. If this dealership did what the OP says (and I think they did) then they deserve what they got. But I'm a business owner who has dealt with people who have lied and attempted to get others to negatively impact my business. It's scary when you did nothing wrong but someone comes after you with people who are happy to join in without knowing the truth. Again...I 100% believe the OP.
Did OP show proof of a documented agreed on price at time of order? Otherwise OP messed up but got bailed out by the internet horde, lol. Seems like the early reservation scheme brought in a lot of customers who didn't know what they were doing or getting into. Which bites because I am stuck behind all those persons.

And yeah I worked retail while in college and some customers are bad news - the shenanigans they try are bizarre. One guy was successful returning a used couch that even had a cigarette burn! Store management was mostly in fear of their lives of corporate and wanted no interactions based on customer complaints. I went in back and refused to process the return order.
Sponsored

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Post it then - with your ADM.
Who is this "The_Viking" that's stirring the pot with his nonsense? When I click on his name to see who he is/ when he joined, I get an error message that post cannot be found...

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could not disagree more. Both his posts are close enough. One is detailed, one is truncated. The Bronco showed up, he showed up, it’s splitting hairs. The dealer deserves the shit kicking they’re getting. It’s greasy and dishonest regardless of OP’s 2 slightly varying explanations.

Also to say he bought it so he must have thought it was fair is a giant stretch. Thousands of people still don’t have build dates well over a year after reserving. Walking away isn’t as simple as you make it sound.

I’m not sure if I would have walked if I were in OP’s shoes but I understand why he didn’t at 3k. At 10k I’m walking for sure, devastated, but walking. At 3k I’m having a hard time deciding but probably would have done exactly the same as OP
Walking away is easy. If you look at this logically instead of emotionally you can walk away. I did and would do it again. At the end of the day its just a vehicle, not a kidney....
Our society at large has become way to cozy with instant gratification, at any cost so.....

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did OP show proof of a documented agreed on price at time of order? Otherwise OP messed up but got bailed out by the internet horde, lol. Seems like the early reservation scheme brought in a lot of customers who didn't know what they were doing or getting into. Which bites because I am stuck behind all those persons.

And yeah I worked retail while in college and some customers are bad news - the shenanigans they try are bizarre. One guy was successful returning a used couch that even had a cigarette burn! Store management was mostly in fear of their lives of corporate and wanted no interactions based on customer complaints. I went in back and refused to process the return order.
Glad you think it's funny. "LOL"
Most dealers are being honest with their reservation holders, and honoring MSRP. My dealer did. All I had was a DORA and emails, and phone calls. At time of pick up, he was honest and said reservation holders were price protected at MSRP, but they would probably be marking up Broncos they sell to non-reservation holders. That's the difference!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who is this "The_Viking" that's stirring the pot with his nonsense? When I click on his name to see who he is/ when he joined, I get an error message that post cannot be found...
He either left - or he was told to leave....

He came into the thread hot and was defending the dealer saying that he had a signed contract for his Big Bend. When other users pointed out the fine print that stated it was not a contract and in no way represented an agreement or sale - he started getting passive aggressively mouthy and then he just disappeared....

Sponsored

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vehicle was on order for more than a year. You have a funny definition of instant gratification.....

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He either left - or he was told to leave....

He came into the thread hot and was defending the dealer saying that he had a signed contract for his Big Bend. When other users pointed out the fine print that stated it was not a contract and in no way represented an agreement or sale - he started getting passive aggressively mouthy and then he just disappeared....
Haha, that's what I thought!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Walking away is easy. If you look at this logically instead of emotionally you can walk away. I did and would do it again. At the end of the day its just a vehicle, not a kidney....
Our society at large has become way to cozy with instant gratification, at any cost so.....
The sad part in these situations is that the dealer is hoping that you do walk. They will then turn around and "legally" (in Ford's eyes) sell it at an even higher ADM. It's a no win for the customer that placed the order. Thankfully the group here is watching out for each other and been successful in getting these dealers to see the light.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not any other bronco. Just the ones in stock. OP’s order is a 2.3 soft top big bend with sas. Other than the tow pkg, I believe they could order that right now from another large metro Atlanta dealer and reasonably have exactly what they want in a few months without paying adm.
There is no guarantee that you'll get your order in a few months (that's not even considering wanting to wait a few more months on top of however long you waited) or you won't pay any ADM.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vehicle was on order for more than a year. You have a funny definition of instant gratification.....
I'm not starting a pissing match but a reservation is not a promise of a vehicle. Before you get your hands on the vehicle the dealer already has a financial fingerprint on it so it's in their best interest to get the most out of it. The moment your across the desk from the sales manager is when you make your decision to buy or not. I'm not disputing that the system Ford set up for this launch is anything but flawed but I would bet that most folks who reserved wanted to be the first on their block to have the shiny new thing.... albeit a lengthy wait for it to happen....

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Well, whether there was paperwork or not, the dealership should be upfront when taking the order and disclose ADM before accepting the order, or send the customer to a dealer that does not add ADM. That's the fair way to do business, not wait untill the order is on the delivery phase and then, bam! "Oh, heres the ADM tithe bag to fill before picking up your order"!. Very unbecoming. Hope in the next dealership retreat in Florida, the bad dealerships are gonna lick the wounds of bad reviews and learn their lessons.

Ford on their part should have given the reservation holders and their dealers a checklist to prevent and avoid conflict and bad experience during the process. I'm sure there are a few smart folks in Dearborn who must have foreseen this greed and obstinacy from a Cadre of dealers, but did nothing to prevent it.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just edited my review.

" Loganville Ford stepped up for a customer who had been wronged. Please be KIND in todays world...there is enough hate without adding more. God Bless America! "

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm fixing too fix it. Had to leave the office for a meeting. The GM called sincerely apologized and was going to give me the $3k back immediately. I told him to give me the extended warranty and we'd call it even, since it was actually a little over $3k and he gave 2 years of maintenance. I actually believed him when he said he was unaware of the issue or would have addressed it sooner. Apparently, there is a lack of communication at the dealership...no crap.

I'm glad the matter is resolved but still pissed I had to go through this. Thanks everyone for helping get this resolved and for also helping bring attention to those that have orders in that probably called their dealers to make sure they won't be getting any surprises when their Bronco comes. She's a BEAST and can't wait to put the top down this weekend.
Awesome. Congrats Monroe - good for you!!!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I deleted my initial 1 star review. Glad this situation was resolved by the GM. Bad press is no good, especially these days where such reviews over social media spread like wild fire. It's surprising that dealers are trying to pull this crap.