First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a Ford dealership in Haverhill Massachusetts with 4 Bronco on on order and 1 demo on the lot. I called and inquired Black Diamond area 51 with 2.7 L automatic with Sasquatch package with Mid group last month. They told me it was a customer order who would most likely not take delivery. Not sure how they new this up front? I checked the website yesterday and noticed they now have it advertised for $65,513 ($15K markup) and now the window sticker is blocked. Looks like this is another dealership with fake customer orders on the books. Does anybody know how to report dealer fraud to Ford Directly?
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have a Ford dealership in Haverhill Massachusetts with 4 Bronco on on order and 1 demo on the lot. I called and inquired Black Diamond area 51 with 2.7 L automatic with Sasquatch package with Mid group last month. They told me it was a customer order who would most likely not take delivery. Not sure how they new this up front? I checked the website yesterday and noticed they now have it advertised for $65,513 ($15K markup) and now the window sticker is blocked. Looks like this is another dealership with fake customer orders on the books. Does anybody know how to report dealer fraud to Ford Directly?
What is the VIN number?

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm retired Military my self !!! Thank you for your service.
Vin # I1FMEE5DP8MLA86590 I was able to print out a copy before they blocked the window sticker

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shady business practices? Maybe
A dick move? Absolutely
Fraud? Probably not

It's been pretty well established that Ford has almost zero control over dealerships and how they behave as they are privately owned companies that basically contract with Ford to sell vehicles. It sucks, but they wouldn't be doing it if people didn't pay, the market has decided that these are worth 10-15k over sticker and that's what they'll get.

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shady business practices? Maybe
A dick move? Absolutely
Fraud? Probably not

It's been pretty well established that Ford has almost zero control over dealerships and how they behave as they are privately owned companies that basically contract with Ford to sell vehicles. It sucks, but they wouldn't be doing it if people didn't pay, the market has decided that these are worth 10-15k over sticker and that's what they'll get.
I thought Ford sent out letters informing dealerships that they need to stop placing fake orders or risk loosing future Bronco deliveries

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about this do you think is fraudulent? Ford has a name match policy for bronco to police dealers from selling to a party that wasn't the reservationist. There are legitimate reasons for people who abandoned their orders but fraud that does not make. Not enough information here to call for pitch forks and torches.

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What about this do you think is fraudulent? Ford has a name match policy for bronco to police dealers from selling to a party that wasn't the reservationist. There are legitimate reasons for people who abandoned their orders but fraud that does not make. Not enough information here to call for pitch forks and torches.
This is the 2nd Bronco that they have raised the price on before they are even delivered to the dealership. Does anybody know at what point the contact customers prior to the vechicle being delivered to the dealership?

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought Ford sent out letters informing dealerships that they need to stop placing fake orders or risk loosing future Bronco deliveries
Not exactly. There was a policy that 80% of the sold Broncos had to go to the named reservation holder or the dealer would lose allocations. The recent email reduced that number to 60%.

But the notification also said "financing falling through" was an exception and does not count. So all a dealer has to do is say the person who ordered had financing fall through and then they can sell it for whatever to whoever with zero consequences. An unscrupulous dealer could add some serous ADM when someone comes in to pay and then enter it as "financing fell through" when the person balks and walks away.

So there really isn't any policy.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the 2nd Bronco that they have raised the price on before they are even delivered to the dealership. Does anybody know at what point the contact customers prior to the vechicle being delivered to the dealership?
First, there are only 3ish people who know who reserved the vehicle, they are Ford, the dealer and the person that made the reservation. Unless you are one of those 3, there isn't enough to know if it was abandoned, being held for the person that ordered it or if the dealer ordered under someone else with the intent to retail it.

Ford gives a delivery window for when a vehicle will be delivered, lately you have a better chance winning PowerBall. The carrier will contact the dealer 24 hours from when delivery will happen. Some may or may not get the email from Ford so it's up to the dealer to call after it's been pre delivered or the customer checking in on a regular basis. If it got a VIN, someone got an email. If the dealer did play the system, he'll have to deal with the name match problem with Ford. Nothing you need to, can do or should do.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MSRP -Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Since its only suggested, dealerships can add any markup they want.

I will say its humorous to learn the local Jeep dealership's ads poking at them. "Stop waiting for your 4x4 and don't pay more! No markups at **** Chrysler-Jeep! Show us your competitor 4x4 Reservation and get $500 off any in-stock Wrangler today!". They aren't naming Ford or saying Bronco, but we know who they mean.

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not exactly. There was a policy that 80% of the sold Broncos had to go to the named reservation holder or the dealer would lose allocations. The recent email reduced that number to 60%.

But the notification also said "financing falling through" was an exception and does not count. So all a dealer has to do is say the person who ordered had financing fall through and then they can sell it for whatever to whoever with zero consequences. An unscrupulous dealer could add some serous ADM when someone comes in to pay and then enter it as "financing fell through" when the person balks and walks away.

So there really isn't any policy.
So Ford created another loophole to help dealerships rip of potential customers with crazy markups. Like I keep reading as long as people keep paying these crazy markups this problem is not going away. Thanks for the update !!!

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, there are only 3ish people who know who reserved the vehicle, they are Ford, the dealer and the person that made the reservation. Unless you are one of those 3, there isn't enough to know if it was abandoned, being held for the person that ordered it or if the dealer ordered under someone else with the intent to retail it.

Ford gives a delivery window for when a vehicle will be delivered, lately you have a better chance winning PowerBall. The carrier will contact the dealer 24 hours from when delivery will happen. Some may or may not get the email from Ford so it's up to the dealer to call after it's been pre delivered or the customer checking in on a regular basis. If it got a VIN, someone got an email. If the dealer did play the system, he'll have to deal with the name match problem with Ford. Nothing you need to, can do or should do.
Thanks Flip. Based on your knowledge I take it you work for a dealership?

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My local dealer that I have an order with is selling a Badlands and an Outer Banks both 30k over sticker. On top of that they added 7k of ugly 20 inch rims/tires and a level lift on the BL. Even my sales associate shook his head and said he is floored people will buy them. Eventually I assume this will end when the people willing to overpay all get their cars or move to a more luxury brand.
Sponsored