Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Despite numerous verbal reassurances that my Bronco will be sold to me at MSRP my dealership continues to say that we will handle the paperwork when the Bronco comes in. I’ve asked multiple times to get a signed pricing sheet and deposit information - things they’ve provided to other customers. My Bronco is currently scheduled for an early August production so I feel I ve two options.

A) Suck it up and wait hoping that the dealer is good to their word (lol).
B) Change my configuration to give me everything I want, pushing the build date to mid-2022 which may trigger them to take the sale now....

Thoughts, ideas? Really spitting into the wind here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought we could make changes anytime prior to production date - no?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bottom line is to get the written commitment following the verbal agreement. And to get it timely which shows good faith by the dealer-and well before the deadline to change dealerships-in the event the dealer is not forthcoming but rather just stringing the customer along. Obviously keep a running log of significant communications; emails, etc. Involve Ford at the earliest point where the dealer is being dishonest along with the Better Business Bureau. And please have no qualms about outing the dealership and the salesperson so that other potential customers don’t have to step on their land mine.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bottom line is to get the written commitment following the verbal agreement. And to get it timely which shows good faith by the dealer-and well before the deadline to change dealerships-in the event the dealer is not forthcoming but rather just stringing the customer along. Obviously keep a running log of significant communications; emails, etc. Involve Ford at the earliest point where the dealer is being dishonest along with the Better Business Bureau. And please have no qualms about outing the dealership and the salesperson so that other potential customers don’t have to step on their land mine.
👆 THIS. Call Ford and tell them that you want to put in a complaint about the dealership and then put in a complaint with the BBB (if the dealership is registered with them).

And yes, don't worry about playing the Name and Shame game. It's the dealership's responsibility to "prove" you wrong in this case. You say they haven't given you a written agreement, they'll have to prove that they did.

OP
OP

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So didn’t get a signed sales sheet but did just get an email from the GM that they will be honoring the MSRP price. I guess it will have to do.

Appreciate all the shared commiserating/support. If the process was more uniform and there hadn’t been all the delays without details I think we’d all be more sane…

OP
OP

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh - I wrote up the dealer with Ford months ago when they stopped returning calls and following through. In my short experience Ford has been great to deal with, my dealer not so much.

I will have no problem shaming them if the end result isn’t what we agreed to. Thanks All!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Despite numerous verbal reassurances that my Bronco will be sold to me at MSRP my dealership continues to say that we will handle the paperwork when the Bronco comes in. I’ve asked multiple times to get a signed pricing sheet and deposit information - things they’ve provided to other customers. My Bronco is currently scheduled for an early August production so I feel I ve two options.

B) Change my configuration to give me everything I want, pushing the build date to mid-2022 which may trigger them to take the sale now....

My dealer sent an Order Preview, which listed the prices, items you ordered, model info, paint etc, did they provide this to you? Are you asking for something that is atypical?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn't they give you anything when you actually placed the order several months ago?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A salesperson took my emailed specs (changed from reservation) and entered them into the system. Then I received the confirmation with Specs from Ford. What I was expecting from my dealer was a signed spec sheet that stated the agreed upon sales price - which is what I believe many have received.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel ya.

My dealer has been terrible as well. If I wasn’t locked in with a VIN, my order would’ve been moved already.

Fordhammer

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgetting myTE="Traillme, post: 705788, member: 22661"]

[/QUOTE]

Forgetting the Bronco for moment, if you walked into any car dealership and to order a vehicle, the dealer would sit with you and go over all the options. They would then haggle the price, MSRP or whatever you agreed on, take a deposit , both you and the dealer sign the paperwork and place the order. That's what should have happened when the order was officially placed with Ford back in March or April I think. No dealer is going to order a car for you without documentation and an agreed to price.
Sponsored