Sponsored

Dealership say Can't Change Order (Canada)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve made at least five changes since my order was converted. Pretty safe though based on my later reservation date.
I don't hate you as much as your salesman does.
Sponsored

BroncoGoBrrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Audi A4 Quattro Sline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eh, I’m also in sales and couldn’t care less what they think of my change. It’s not like we can see these things in person. If they want my $68k they can press a button 5 times on WBDO and suck it up..or they could just find another profession if it bothers them that much.

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's great you got a VIN number and will hopefully have a build date soon. That makes sense as to why your dealer couldn't change anything. My build is going to be a long, long time from now so it was no problem for him to put in my changes.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gonna be a lot of that shit going on, I fear. I have mine in writing in an email string, but I would not have to go that route, I hope...
Yeah, I'm 99.99% sure I'm not getting a 21', so I might just cancel and order through a different, less shady dealer.

OP
OP
Azemotay

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many changes have you made since placing the order? Is the first one?
I changed the colour once before as well. I fail to see how that matters at all though.

That's great you got a VIN number and will hopefully have a build date soon. That makes sense as to why your dealer couldn't change anything. My build is going to be a long, long time from now so it was no problem for him to put in my changes.
I appreciate that. Hard thing to be upset over indeed. Finding out like this is less than ideal though. Is what it is.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was on Carbonized Grey for literally the longest time, but after placing the order decided I wanted to change to A51. Evidently, i want to change back to CG :p

No matter what i'll be happy but my SO likes CG more, so I want to keep her happy as well. With it just being something as simple as a colour change, maybe the special request will go through? Who knows, not holding my breathe.
In the Bronco Nation interview with Estoban, he said that Ford was open to deletions that would make the order more buildable, but not other changes (at the time the order is placed, but there was some vagueness). And once the VIN is set, change may not be possible according to all the collective information gained on this site.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure my salesperson hates me with my regular emails to her (once a week) asking for any updates. I’ve actually gone to setting a reminder in my calendar every couple weeks now to follow-up… trying not to drive them nuts.

Although I think that as a customer you should have a right to change your order; we’re all paying a lot of money for these vehicles, I think we should also try to limit the changes. I could see some early orders being placed but some modifications as you got to see a vehicle live at a demo event, or a colour on a vehicle driving by, etc.

When I ordered mine, I made sure I was 100% confident on the specs. The only change I made was the colour - I saw it in-person and that’s what changed my mind. Glad I did this as I wouldn’t have been happy with Carbonized Grey if my Bronco showed up with this, as initially ordered.

Now if someone is changing their build every few weeks, I can see that being annoying AF. You’re also asking for some keying error to take place potentially.
Sponsored